• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

sjay1994

Ehhh, yeah I probably should. I handled SMT1 alright so P1 can't be that bad.

You kidding? He's awesome. If there's a weak link in the Part 3 crew it's either Iggy or Avdol. Especially since
Avdol was actually supposed to die

Well, he still does

Mathaou

legacy of cane
image.php

I love martial arts. I'd get back into it myself if I didn't cost me any money.

His Persona is his dumb sword tattoo

This one time a guy tried to punch me and I accidentally did a cool thing with his punch and managed to block his arm. I then stared him down and he walked away because he thought I was a badass.

Well, he's not supposed to be likeable. Maybe I'm just a forgiving person, and i thought it was interesting how he portrayed a type of person in society.
Sure he's petty and jealous, but he has his own reasons and then manages to over come them, which is nice.
. He's not exactly likeable, but I don't hate him.
I thought I was a pretty nice guy, but it's just something about him man. He barely even seems different by the end. I don't mind any of the other S-links nearly as much. I only think Kenji is a dumb kid who doesn't know what he's doing.
I love martial arts. I'd get back into it myself if I didn't cost me any money.
I did Tae Kwon Do for like 4 years as a kid. I should pick it up again, or some other form of fighting. That'd be really fun.

YEAH YEAH YEAH play the PSPmake
You already at the
choice where you have to pick Kei or Eriko? You should probably pick Kei since he's a cool guy.
Nope still at Zodiac because was getting cards, also maze.
He is. As much as I like Eriko Nanjo is such a much better character. Did you go back and talk to Yamaoka behind the vending machine?
P1 is a lot of fun. I mean its old, but its not hard to play at all
GUNS GUNS GUNS

Alfebit

Banned

You kidding? He's awesome. If there's a weak link in the Part 3 crew it's either Iggy or Avdol. Especially since
Avdol was actually supposed to die
Polnareff is a pretty cool dude.
that cop out for how Avdol didn't die was so dumb. Not telling Polnareff was fucked up. Dude was blaming himself and they couldn't just say no he's alive tho.

Damn I guess I'm the only one who hates Polnareff. Maybe he feels too much like a comic relief character to me that isn't funny.

I'm also not liking part 3 as much as part 2 though either. It has been too many battles where there really isn't actual fighting. The last 2 parts were decent in that respect though.

Polnareff is a pretty cool dude.
that cop out for how Avdol didn't die was so dumb. Not telling Polnareff was fucked up. Dude was blaming himself and they couldn't just say no he's alive tho.
The actual reason why is because Araki got a bunch of complaints when he was writing the story, so he just backpedaled and gave into the pressure.

Jman014

Daily lewdness quota

Just fight random people on the street.
I'm no Akiyama
Expectations are everything, man. If you speak one correct thing in another language, the people around you expect that you know that language and will want to hear more. Every time you have to dash their hopes by either saying you can't follow it up or you just straight up fail basic pronunciation and get known as the local gringo. Now imagine that situation happening like every time you talk to a person while you go through your life.
...fuck. Maybe I'll just practice for a long time and just talk to my dad in Spanish if I get it down.
This one time a guy tried to punch me and I accidentally did a cool thing with his punch and managed to block his arm. I then stared him down and he walked away because he thought I was a badass.
Like Kiryu!
I did Tae Kwon Do for like 4 years as a kid. I should pick it up again, or some other form of fighting. That'd be really fun.
I did karate when I was a kid and did more serious martial arts when I was a teenager. Both times I stopped because of schoolwork taking importance over martial arts.

Damn I guess I'm the only one who hates Polnareff. Maybe he feels too much like a comic relief character to me that isn't funny.

I'm also not liking part 3 as much as part 2 though either. It has been too many battles where there really isn't actual fighting. The last 2 parts were decent in that respect though.

Its more of a laid back road trip kind of story with an enemy of the week trope. Its much different than part 1 and part 2 and if you go in expecting it to be similar, then you're gonna be disappointed. Its my favorite part just because of how dumb it is compared to the first two parts.

And old joseph is best joseph.

Zenfalcia

I thought I was a pretty nice guy, but it's just something about him man. He barely even seems different by the end. I don't mind any of the other S-links nearly as much. I only think Kenji is a dumb kid who doesn't know what he's doing.

You probably hated his dialogue since most of it was
endlessly complaining, while trying to insult everyone and calling them commoners. It didn't get better when he got into the fake religion cult where he said he'd be reborn as a heavenly god while all the commoners died.

sjay1994

EY THESE GUYS ARE ANIME WATCHERS

That's cool. I just heard a lot of bad lip service towards it. I'd like to actually love it, I definitely love the remake soundtrack.

Well, I was an anime watcher for part 1 and 2. I read 3 when I had some down time.

I had to read 6 after my fucking asshole friend spoiled it for me.

I haven't read part 4,5,7,8.

Apparantly from what I've heard, Jojolion is not great.

If it weren't for the comedic parts of part 3 I think I would dislike the show. The fight of the week thing has never been something that I liked and when Jotaro is involved it just kills any tension in fights. The last two episodes were great though

Well, I was an anime watcher for part 1 and 2. I read 3 when I had some down time.

I think just the fact that you have to follow up part 7 which is universally seen as the best part, already has it at a way bigger disadvantage than any other part had.

360pages

JoJolion is really only about 1/4 done. But it's pretty much Part 4 but without any of the charm of Part 4. Though it might get better.

Wow, that's way different than what I've read around on the net in general about P1, that's super cool.

Just my opinion. My only issues with the game are minor things like switching personas takes 1 turn, fighting enemies in the overworld, getting Reiji is annoying, and some other things. It's weird how few complaints I have about the game. That said, while there's not really anything bad about it, there's not a lot that's amazing either. It's just okay. Not bad and not good.

Which is great since he is awesome.
When he
comes back
he's way cooler than he was.
I did karate when I was a kid and did more serious martial arts when I was a teenager. Both times I stopped because of schoolwork taking importance over martial arts.
That's pretty rad. I really enjoyed what I did of Karate.
You probably hated his dialogue since most of it was
endlessly complaining, while trying to insult everyone and calling them commoners. It didn't get better when he got into the fake religion cult where he said he'd be reborn as a heavenly god while all the commoners died.
YEAH, YEAH THATS PROBABLY WHY. Man I hate that guy so much.
If it weren't for the comedic parts of part 3 I think I would dislike the show. The fight of the week thing has never been something that I liked and when Jotaro is involved it just kills any tension in fights. The last two episodes were great though
Part 3 is fairly weak, especially this far into it. Things do get pretty great from here on out IMO. Later parts blend Stand encounters in a way more enjoyable fashion, and comedy is a big part of why I love JoJo.

Alfebit

Banned

Ok how the fuck is this pronounced? Everytime I read it I assume a Jojo was reborn in Jamaica.

That's dumb. Araki's dumb.
Blame the fans or blame Araki ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE.
Just my opinion. My only issues with the game are minor things like switching personas takes 1 turn, fighting enemies in the overworld, getting Reiji is annoying, and some other things. It's weird how few complaints I have about the game. That said, while there's not really anything bad about it, there's not a lot that's amazing either. It's just okay. Not bad and not good.
Oh I see. Well I know some people really do end up loving it, so I'd like to get an opinion on it. I like how Classic SMT plays, so hopefully it's close-ish.

Top Bottom