• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Zenfalcia

Oh I know.
I was planning on posting today, but I was also that special combination of bored and tired where you feel your mind is super clouded. That feeling somewhere between being drunk and having a cold, except I was sober and healthy.
I hate that shit. Don't like to feel out of control of my head, and couldn't even make jokes. It's rough.

Sounds rough, I usually find something to distract myself with, when i feel like that. What did you end up doing?
I just got punched in the face. Took that shit didn't give a fuck. I ain't going to jail for fighting back.

That's cool. Such an eventful night.

Called the cops. His ass got arrested. Gahahaba.

At least this night wasn't a boring one. Also gj doing the right thing, that's what cops are for after all. Besides, getting into fist fights will only hurt your knuckles at the very least and that's when you're sober enough to know what you're doing.

Why did he punch you tho?

semisonic

Banned
Sounds rough, I usually find something to distract myself with, when i feel like that. What did you end up doing?

That's cool. Such an eventful night.

Internet reading.
I've been a fucking huge bookworm all my life, and with a fairly singular dedication and a reading speed of about 2.5 ppm(last time I checked), I kinda finished all the actual books that interested me (and that I could acquire) back in high school.
So I turned to, as shameful as it is to admit, light novels and fanfics, just because it gave me something to read. It doen't need to be great, just... there, and that's enough for me. Though holy fuck there's a lot of trashy light novels and fanfics. Like, for every good series I read there's at least 4 trashy-ass harem novels. You don't even know.

Zenfalcia

Internet reading.
I've been a fucking huge bookworm all my life, and with a fairly singular dedication and a reading speed of about 2.5 ppm(last time I checked), I kinda finished all the actual books that interested me, and that I could acquire, back in high school.
So I turned to, as shameful as it is to admit, light novels and fanfics, just because it gave me something to read. It doen't need to be great, just... there, and that's enough for me. Though holy fuck there's a lot of trashy light novels and fanfics. Like, for every good series I read there's at least 4 trashy-ass harem novels. You don't even know.

Reading used to be fun, until i stopped reading actual novels. I actually do know, since a lot of those trashy light novels, get trashy mangas.. my god are they trashy as hell.

You could read some manga if you're interested...

semisonic

Banned
Reading used to be fun, until i stopped reading actual novels. I actually do know, since a lot of those trashy light novels, get trashy mangas.. my god are they trashy as hell.

You could read some manga if you're interested...

Oh I have. Also exhausted most of the good ones of those, or at least the ones I could find.
I'm not picky about the format, but...
I guess it's a mix of escapism(though I don't hate my life, it's still a bit dull) and just something to do quickly. I can read much faster than most people, and so any animu or tv show that has a readable form will be gotten through at many times the speed it would take to watch it. It's efficient, something that I really like in my entertainment, and I can totally immerse myself(and I mean that literally, to the point where I sometimes forget myself) in even trashy books. This efficiency and willingness to marathon means I'm constantly at risk of running out of material, which is irritating as fuck.

As such, I'm always down for suggestions in any media.

Internet reading.
I've been a fucking huge bookworm all my life, and with a fairly singular dedication and a reading speed of about 2.5 ppm(last time I checked), I kinda finished all the actual books that interested me (and that I could acquire) back in high school.

I do know and I can still feel the scars left on my innocence sometimes. Have you read My Immortal yet?

As for serious suggestions, I can't recommend Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse enough. One of my all time favorite books, not a long read though.

Zenfalcia

Oh I have. Also exhausted most of the good ones of those, or at least the ones I could find.
I'm not picky about the format, but...
I guess it's a mix of escapism(though I don't hate my life, it's still a bit dull) and just something to do quickly. I can read much faster than most people, and so any animu or tv show that has a readable form will be gotten through at many times the speed it would take to watch it. It's efficient, something that I really like in my entertainment, and I can totally immerse myself(and I mean that literally) in even trashy books. This efficiency and willingness to marathon means I'm constantly at risk of running out of material, which is irritating as fuck.

As such, I'm always down for suggestions in any media.

The self pacing of written media is really the best, although anime/tv shows have their own benefits. You're not looking hard enough then, there are always tons of trashy books out there to be read.

Sure, umm.. i'll pm you a list in the near future, unless you want a small list right now.

Nordicus

They only do that in those mangos I read!
Or in those dances/plays that Finnish high school seniors do at their school as tradition.

I'm still salty that our year's plans fell through. All of the more jock-ish guys who initially volunteered got too embarrassed/lazy to practice after first meeting. How many people get to say "I danced on stage wearing only briefs and trashbag loincloth in front of over a hundred cheering high school girls"?

semisonic

Banned
I do know and I can still feel the scars left on my innocence sometimes. Have you read My Immortal yet?

Oh god no. When I say fanfics, I generally mean the stuff labeled such on japtem, royalroad, or fucking whatever. Unpublished fictions, basically. Although I could link you to some hilarious readings of actual fanfics like you're talking about...

My god has it made me sick of VRMMOs tho.
22 volumes of LMS will do that to you. Didn't even enjoy it, was just trying to pass the time. How many thousands of pages did I get through in those 2 few days...
I shudder to think of it.

Nordicus

There's even a proper drinking game of My Immortal. Various different rules, you only want to pick 1-3 of them because any more will get you hammered by end of first page

semisonic

Banned
I ran out of the room and into the Forbidden Forest where I had lost my virility to Draco and then I started to bust into tears.

Chapter 9.

AN: stop flaming ok! I dntn red all da boox! dis is frum da movie ok so itz nut my folt if dumbeldor swers! besuizds I SED HE HAD A HEDACHE! and da reson snap dosent lik harry now is coz hes christian and vampire is a satanist! MCR ROX!
These side comments are so far the best part of the story.
This reads like the huniepop of fanfics.

Zenfalcia

You SHOULD read it. This shit should be mandatory internet curriculum.

ehh... I'll read some of it.. and probably never finish it.
How ironic.

“Hey Ebony!” shouted a voice. I looked up. It was…. Draco Malfoy!

“What’s up Draco?” I asked.

“Nothing.” he said shyly.

But then, I heard my friends call me and I had to go away.

This pacing is great. Really great.

I feel myself losing brain cells as i continue reading... I havent even gotten to the bad spelling yet... That's going to be rough.

Nordicus

If you were ever on TGWTG back in the day, Bennet the Sage read the whole thing in his Masterpiece Fanfic Theater show he used to do.
Oh I forgot Masterpiece Fanfic Theatre! He's read some absolutely vile stuff on there. Just briefly describing some of the fanfics would feel horrible and wrong.
DP because you fuckers are too lazy to do your jobs guder.
vo8KYmm.jpg
Just wanted to post that. Ryudo's a great protag

Zenfalcia

Pat pls.
I need that money to eat...

Good morning everyone!
To those who're still up, is anyone down for some smash?

You don't need to eat when you have crack.

It's late.. so i'll probably pass out now and finish the fanfic when i wake up. Night.

Nah, i wasnt. i don't even know what tgwtg is.
That Guy With The Glasses. It was a site that hosts Nostagia Critic's videos and the channel awesome guys. Angry Joe was on there for a while and Spoony was there and got the Cinema Snob hooked up as well. I don't know the current state of it though, I haven't been there in years
Oh I forgot Masterpiece Fanfic Theatre! He's read some absolutely vile stuff on there. Just briefly describing some of the fanfics would feel horrible and wrong.
Just wanted to post that. Ryudo's a great protag
Yeah there was some real treasures in there. He killed the show at the right time too with a good finale, he didn't let it drag out and lose the lustre like the other people whom he is/was affiliated with did and continue to do.

Speaking of Zelda I've been hearing good things about Majora's on 3DS.

What to get. Majora's that I know I'll love or MH4U that I've never played before and might hate.

I wonder what kind of guys aaron likes, maybe if he likes milfs, he'll like Dilfs.

If you've watched The Flash, Pied Piper is my type.

And I got punched in the face for no reason. Guy I was talking to inside the bar gave me compliments on my dance moves, saw him outside, he was like "what's up motherfucker?" I thought he was joking around since we were talking earlier, then bam, sucker punch. I took it, walked away to another bar. Dances on some girls. Realized I should probably call the cops, I did so, he didn't actually get arrested and the cops refused to do anything about it, then laughed in my face. So now I have badge numbers and have to make formal complaints against these officers for refusing to take assault seriously. It's a bunch of shit.

Top Bottom