• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Hey, Computer hardware is not that rigid, if you just fall short of Minimum requirements, it'll probably still run and be playable, how playable it'll be who knows, but playable regardless.
I run HALF LIFE 2 on LOW. I tried running GTA4 on the lowest settings for shits and gigs, and Liberty City DIDN'T LOAD. Nico walked on a black nebula, and as soon as a car showed up the game crashed.

Difficult and would take a LOT of work.
A scary amount of people took my APCOMPSCI class because they 'wanted to make video games'. I explained to them how much code it would take to create a window with a moving DOT in Java. I told them how different genres required different programming skills and they then dropped the class.

People don't know how hard game development is.

Also, morning GAF.

GclzzJX.gif

Xiraiya

I run HALF LIFE 2 on LOW. I tried running GTA4 on the lowest settings for shits and gigs, and Liberty City DIDN'T LOAD. Nico walked on a black nebula, and as soon as a car showed up the game crashed.

You are out of control, restrain yourself before someone gets hurt from your madness.

I tried playing Ghost Trick on iPad. That game is literally unplayable, it crashes at the first action you do in the tutorial every single time without fail. I looked it up and it's happening to everyone that has iOS 6/7(?) or newer, so basically everyone. That's some shameful fucking shit Capcom, get it together.

Guess I'll buy it on DS.

I really didn't. You wouldn't even play ultimax smh. WHY DID I BRING MY 8 BUTTON TE2 TO ONLY PLAY A 3 BUTTON FIGHTER
Isn't Ultimax like 4 buttons?
A scary amount of people took my APCOMPSCI class because they 'wanted to make video games'. I explained to them how much code it would take to create a window with a moving DOT in Java. I told them how different genres required different programming skills and they then dropped the class.

People don't know how hard game development is.

Also, morning GAF.
Man fuck those people, they're weak and they deserved to drop the class. They would've been shitty programmers anyways. Also morning

I tried playing Ghost Trick on iPad. That game is literally unplayable, it crashes at the first action you do in the tutorial every single time without fail. I looked it up and it's happening to everyone that has iOS 6/7(?) or newer, so basically everyone. That's some shameful fucking shit Capcom, get it together.

Guess I'll buy it on DS.

iOS 7 and the game runs perfectly fine for
me on iPhone.

THE POINT IS, ultimax is better.

Ilvocare

Morning everyone!

Guess I'll buy it on DS.

However you need to get it, make sure you get it. Ghost Trick is fucking incredible and I wish I hadn't traded in my copy of it.

Also isn't this iOS issue happening with a lot of older games that are refusing to update accordingly? Pretty sure that the iOS port of TWEWY has the same problem...

Holy fucking shit I feel so dead. My legs were fucked from the start of the week before and the last two days have been filled with so much walking. Why the fuck did I agree to film a music video today?

ultimax

I really didn't. You wouldn't even play ultimax smh. WHY DID I BRING MY 8 BUTTON TE2 TO ONLY PLAY A 3 BUTTON FIGHTER
You'll never beat daigo with that attitude.
Morning everyone!

However you need to get it, make sure you get it. Ghost Trick is fucking incredible and I wish I hadn't traded in my copy of it.

Also isn't this iOS issue happening with a lot of older games that are refusing to update accordingly? Pretty sure that the iOS port of TWEWY has the same problem...
Ghost trick always crashes on me. Not sure about twewy. I'm gonna test it now.

Edit- yup doesn't work

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Guess I'll buy it on DS.
It's a fun game. I think it's really interesting and inventive, but it's really just an 8/10 game. People hype it up too much.

Man fuck those people, they're weak and they deserved to drop the class. They would've been shitty programmers anyways
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Played on a Kazoo because FUCK YEAH

They don't? What a relief!

One of the character has "Man hater" and "Fancies Women" as skill, that's actually quite funny edit: the second part wasn't quite true
I really like that about the team building aspect of the game, each character and they're stats are influenced by their story. Someone who was raised in an urban environment may fight better in cities than they would in the desert and vice versa, and someone who hates the Darcsen people is not going to preform as well as they would fighting along side them as they would the other races. As the game progresses you learn more about those characters and their traits. I think it is neat. As a couple people already mentioned, permadeath can be staved off as long as you can move another unit over to the body

Squishy3

Wouldn't Shadow John Cena basically be just Liam?
Shadow John Cena would be a responsible adult.

"YOU... YOU AREN'T ME. YOU CAN'T BE ME! I CAN SEE YOU!"

"AHAHAHAHAHA! I WAS WAITING FOR THAT!"

"What's happening?!"

"PAY YOUR TAXES JOHN. DON'T DRESS UP LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD. LET OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THE SPOTLIGHT ONCE IN AWHILE. CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, PEOPLE ACTUALLY CAN SEE YOU"

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I really like that about the team building aspect of the game, each character and they're stats are influenced by their story. Someone who was raised in an urban environment may fight better in cities than they would in the desert and vice versa, and someone who hates the Darcsen people is not going to preform as well as they would fighting along side them as they would the other races. As the game progresses you learn more about those characters and their traits. I think it is neat. As a couple people already mentioned, permadeath can be staved off as long as you can move another unit over to the body

Still never finished that game. That one fucking battle when you first meet that lazy with the crazy beam weapon was too fucking hard I raged quit on day and never went back. Wish I did.

Top Bottom