• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Jman014

PYpgCZO.png

His dream of having long, flowing hair has finally come true.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
How does everyone in the Seinfeld universe know every number by heart?

They are insane, get an iPhone nerds like honestly wow.

ultimax

yo, the dismemeberment in this game is actually really great, especially considering it is a PS2 game. Ass Creed still can't figure out how to do damage modelling. There is a lot of stuff on screen as well
Yeah, it actually does look really good for its time. Man, I wish we'd get a new berserk game ;~;

Skrams

A guy on the reddit made a chrome extension that adds a lot of neat features to the SBFP site. I might actually use the site more now. I feel like I remember it saving my place in certain videos, but it didn't work 100% of the time. At least with this it will be absolute. The improved podcast player is also good.

Hey all, I was bored yesterday, and frustrated when losing my place in the podcast when listening it on the website. So, I built myself a chrome extension to help myself out with that (and then expanded it to do a couple more things as well). Hopefully, you'll find some of the features useful too.

The extension adds a bunch of features to http://superbestfriendsplay.com:

-Adds an audio player of the latest podcast to the top of each page.
using local storage, saves current position in the podcast, and updates the player location to the last saved point when you load the page up later.
-Stores current position on any videos, and updates position of the player to last known position on page load.
-Displays current position for videos while browsing the site.
-Positional data is synced through your Google account, so if you use multiple computers, your positional data will copy over.

You can install it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-best-friends-site-i/hkgmgmbmhggikgjccaikhljgfccndabc. it also includes some screenshots to show what this thing looks like.

To review the sourcecode, I've uploaded to github here: https://github.com/Takonis/SuperBestFriendsSiteImprovements.

Anyway, please take a look, and let me know your experience with it (especially if something doesn't work properly, or have anything else you'd like to see added to it in the future). There is a tonne more that can be done to improve the experience, so if there is love for this, I'll keep it updated.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFrie...v/improving_the_superbestfriends_website_one/

A guy on the reddit made a chrome extension that adds a lot of neat features to the SBFP site. I might actually use the site more now. I feel like I remember it saving my place in certain videos, but it didn't work 100% of the time. At least with this it will be absolute. The improved podcast player is also good.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFrie...v/improving_the_superbestfriends_website_one/

That sounds fucking amazing. Can't wait to use it

Edit: Its working fine, but it seems to be skipping the ads? This could be really bad if it happens with every video.

Edit 2: nvm, its working now. This extension is awesome.

Jman014

I actually really want to play this game...
Buy it! The first episode is only 5 dollars!
It's pretty good, if you can get past the "amercian teenage girl through a french view point"
Max and her classmates are so silly, missus bull.
Also if you can get past the fact that it looks like complete ass because square slashed the budget like they're a slasher movie villian
It's not bad, but could be better.
Oh I hella can...
GEWD

JoJo94

Also if you can get past the fact that it looks like complete ass because square slashed the budget like they're a slasher movie villian

God damnit Square

Buy it! The first episode is only 5 dollars!

Max and her classmates are so silly, missus bull.

It's not bad, but could be better.

GEWD

I'll get it when I get a ps4, I know it's on other consoles, but kind of just want more of a reason to get a ps4 next month because I think my mom is going to pay me for working on her logo.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I had no idea Dawkins was quoted in Parasite Eve. I saw him talk a while back at an event dedicated to Christopher Hitchens which was presented by Stephen Fry. Now I have an excuse to post this gif from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Compelex.

tumblr_m3mjvubY5w1qdrrkto1_500.gif

Jman014

I'll get it when I get a ps4, I know it's on other consoles, but kind of just want more of a reason to get a ps4 next month because I think my mom is going to pay me for working on her logo.

Oh...so no PC version for joo. You might like Max. I like her.

I had no idea Dawkins was quoted in Parasite Eve. I saw him talk a while back at an event dedicated to Christopher Hitchens which was presented by Stephen Fry. Now I have an excuse to post this gif from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Compelex.

tumblr_m3mjvubY5w1qdrrkto1_500.gif

And because of that, I also have an excuse to post gifs as well.

BmNR5SR.gif

Skrams

I've been playing the game myself and I'm literally 3 seconds ahead of where they just stopped in Part 10 of Parasite Eve. I've not watched a lot of other parts of the playthrough, but did the guys notice how x2, x3, x5, and all that don't mean anything? I even looked up an FAQ to make sure they don't mean anything.

x1 Bullet= 100% Damage
x2 Bullet= 120% Damage
x3 Bullet= 126% Damage
x5 Bullet= 125% Damage
x7 Bullet= 125% Damage
x10 Bullet=130% Damage

Or something like that. The amount of bullets doesn't matter. It just splits the damage potential between the bullets. I have about 300 bullets right now while they have 150 or something because I assume they've been doing some weird bullshit with their rifle being x3 and other junk. The way this games handles items and stuff is weird. I'll probably just keep pumping stats into my rifle since it's 41 damage then just eventually give its stats to a better rifle later unless I find some way better gun.

Top Bottom