• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

It might be $100 if I import P4 DAN. If we get confirmation on physical goodies for Americuh edition then I'll probably cancel the preorder. I can't think of any other CE I've bought that wasn't dirt cheap. I'm buying the Bloodborne CE, but even that is $64 because best buy GCU discounts. I would of bought Type 0 HD CE for $80, but I forgot about it and now I don't really care to get the game at all. I know so little about it that I'll just wait until I see impressions after its out.
What comes in P4 DAN's collector's edition?

Xiraiya

Valentines is simply another day, people either love it or hate it purely based on the current status of their love life.
You're far better off not wasting your time caring about it regardless, you don't need a named day to tell you when to do something special for the one you love or get a person you can be intimate with.

sjay1994

Nice, I might find a way to get it, then. I'm a sucker for statues. Hell, the reason i'm so into collector's editions now-a-days instead of only buying them very rarely is because I thought the Ludger Kresnik statue in the Xillia 2 collector's edition was really cool. It didn't hurt that I liked everything else in that collector's edition too.

Statues are usually the only reason I buy collectors editions. I am not a huge fan of steelbooks because they don't look as good in my game library.

Also, I have to say that the God of War: Ascension and Order 1886 collectors editions are really good deals. I never bought them, nor care enough to but 20 more bucks for a steelbook and a quality statue? Thats pretty good.

Skrams

What comes in P4 DAN's collector's edition?

Crazy Value Pack
PS Vita Game Software

[Set Contents]
-PS Vita game software "Persona 4: Dancing All Night"
[Crazy Value Pack Bonus]
-"P4D" full soundtrack CD
-Deluxe edition original DLC set
-Newly illustrated storage box by Shigenori Soejima
[First Comers Bonus]
-"Persona 5" special footage Blu-ray

So the game, coolish box, soundtrack, DLC, and a weird P5 Bluray thing.

Crazy Value Pack
PS Vita Game Software

[Set Contents]
-PS Vita game software "Persona 4: Dancing All Night"
[Crazy Value Pack Bonus]
-"P4D" full soundtrack CD
-Deluxe edition original DLC set
-Newly illustrated storage box by Shigenori Soejima
[First Comers Bonus]
-"Persona 5" special footage Blu-ray

So the game, coolish box, soundtrack, DLC, and a weird P5 Bluray thing.
Hm, I hope it comes stateside. It's something that I would get if it comes over, but I wouldn't import it. The only thing i've imported was All Star Battle collector's edition. That Jotaro figure, Gold Experience box, and Gold Experience gold plated artwork encased in an acrylic frame were all awesome. The soundtrack was cool too.

What's the most you've ever spent on a collector's edition? Mine is going to be Witcher 3's. If you told me 2 years ago that I would be spending 150 dollars on a collector's edition, or that I would even care about collector's editions in general, I would of told you were out of your fucking mind. But it seems like shit has changed.

The hotline miami 2 collectors edition. I never actually bought a collectors edition before. I always thought they were dumb but I can't pass up a vinyl of the soundtrack for that game

What's the most you've ever spent on a collector's edition? Mine is going to be Witcher 3's. If you told me 2 years ago that I would be spending 150 dollars on a collector's edition, or that I would even care about collector's editions in general, I would of told you were out of your fucking mind. But it seems like shit has changed.
The first and only one ever was a few months ago. The hotL#NiQ $40 Limited Edition

Replaying FES is bringing back all those good feelings I felt when I first played it. I love this game.

It totally is. It really ties everything together. Having the models re-enacting scenes just isn't the same.

Oh, I thought you were praising the QUALITY anime cutscenes. Yeah, the game wouldn't be the same without them.
I wish P3 had a definitive version.

Oh, yeah.. i should get that eventually... It looks pretty good.
I can't wait until I'm Ghost Tricking with a little girl
I'm surprised someone else is buying this. I'm buying it based off absolutely nothing for some reason. Probably because it's pretty and I like the Vita a lot.
I bought it because it was a lot for cheap. Also seems like a good game.
Came out to my mom.

Her response was "wear a condom."

Alright.

Also, Sun Gremlin is great and she gets fucked over in her S-Link.
That gave me a laugh. Good job

In relation to my other question, what's the lowest you've paid for a collector's edition? I was able to get Dark Souls 2's for 53 dollars, but I couldn't play it because I accidentally got the pc version instead of the ps3 one. I ended up giving it away here. I think it was Beloved who I ended up giving to, if I am remembering correctly. I was also able to get All Star Battle's for 64 dollars off of Amazon.

Only one day of realization and you already came out to your parents. More courage then me

Damn, congrats on having to courage to announce it to your mom already. Its great that she took it well

Took me years to work up the courage to do that. That's awesome though.

Thanks. Team Shameless is the way to go baby. I also knew it wouldn't make a difference to her and that she probably already knew, so that made it easier.

Zenfalcia

Replaying FES is bringing back all those good feelings I felt when I first played it. I love this game.

Oh, I thought you were praising the QUALITY anime cutscenes. Yeah, the game wouldn't be the same without them.
I wish P3 had a definitive version.

When's persona 3 platinum?
I'm surprised someone else is buying this. I'm buying it based off absolutely nothing for some reason. Probably because it's pretty and I like the Vita a lot.

The CE is sold out at this point.

There might be a few left... Maybe. I don't remember the CE coming with that many extra stuff.

croten

Came out to my mom.

Her response was "wear a condom."

Alright.

Also, Sun Gremlin is great and she gets fucked over in her S-Link.

Wow, well done for coming out to her. It's not easy for a lot of people.
In relation to my other question, what's the lowest you've paid for a collector's edition? I was able to get Dark Souls 2's for 53 dollars, but I couldn't play it because I accidentally got the pc version instead of the ps3 one. I ended up giving it away here. I think it was Beloved who I ended up giving to, if I am remembering correctly. I was also able to get All Star Battle's for 64 dollars off of Amazon.

About £50 on the Bayo first print off of Mara

I also got the DS2 PC special edition for $50 from a local shop.
Oh and the PC version of one of the Band of Brothers games I got for $13.99. It came with a figure and a comic book
Thanks. Team Shameless is the way to go baby. I also knew it wouldn't make a difference to her and that she probably already knew, so that made it easier.
One day. I'm sure my mother suspects at least.

Skrams

There might be a few left... Maybe. I don't remember the CE coming with that many extra stuff.

I think it's only available from the NIS store and it's sold out there currently so uh.

Does the Halo Reach Legendary Edition count if I got it for free via a contest? I think it was $150 originally and it came with a pretty nice giant statue. I'd of gotten the Dark 2 CE, but I bought the game on release so I didn't feel like rebuying the CE later for just a statue. I also got the DR2 Zombrex Edition for $20 or something.

I also got the DS2 PC special edition for $50 from a local shop.
Man, I still feel like such a dipshit over that. When I went to grab it, I somehow picked up the pc one instead of the ps3 one, and didn't notice until I had already opened it and went to put it in when I opened the case and the only thing in it was the ost and steam code. At least the collector's shit is awesome, and i'll have a nice steelbook for Scholar of the First Sin.

I wouldn't be surprised if my dad thinks I'm gay. I'm super fucking feminine and I've never brought a girl home (not that I could cause no girlfriend ever lel). Though my mom and sisters probably know I'm not because bullshit that happened when I was younger.

Oh though there was that one time I had a bruise that looked like a hickey so who knows.

Man, I still feel like such a dipshit over that. When I went to grab it, I somehow picked up the pc one instead of the ps3 one, and didn't notice until I had already opened it and went to put it in when I opened the case and the only thing in it was the ost and steam code. At least the collector's shit is awesome, and i'll have a nice steelbook for Scholar of the First Sin.
I think my dumbest moment was when I realized I had been wearing my headphones backwards for weeks.
I wouldn't be surprised if my dad thinks I'm gay. I'm super fucking feminine and I've never brought a girl home (not that I could cause no girlfriend ever lel). Though my mom and sisters probably know I'm not because bullshit that happened when I was younger.

Oh though there was that one time I had a bruise that looked like a hickey so who knows.
Eh, it's fine. You just have to deal with attacting wild Cthulhus.

I think it's only available from the NIS store and it's sold out there currently so uh.

Does the Halo Reach Legendary Edition count if I got it for free via a contest? I think it was $150 originally and it came with a pretty nice giant statue. I'd of gotten the Dark 2 CE, but I bought the game on release so I didn't feel like rebuying the CE later for just a statue. I also got the DR2 Zombrex Edition for $20 or something.
Yeah, that counts. I really wanted to get that when it came out, but I couldn't afford it, so I got the special edition below it.

There better not be some shota mixed with all that moe.

4PkmG.jpg
Like I said, I don't wanna fuck the moe.

Your mom seems like a cool lady.
Congrats, man.
Now you just gotta get out there and then git in there

Congrats, yo.

Arigato. And gettin' in there probably ain't gonna be much of a problem outside of my city. Shit is rampant with the homophobia here.

I haven't told anyone that I know personally. Too paranoid

One day. I'm sure my mother suspects at least.

Go at your own speed. I figured it was gonna come out sooner or later so I might as well get ahead of it and tell her personally before random pics of me mackin' on some dude show up on the internet. I fully support you guys doing it, though, shit is freeing as hell.

Also, this wasn't one day of realization, I've known on some level for years and finally came to terms with it about a month ago. Alcohol was just the final push to come out to my best friend, then figured I might as well get it done with.

Top Bottom