• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Skrams

I wouldn't be surprised if my dad thinks I'm gay. I'm super fucking feminine and I've never brought a girl home (not that I could cause no girlfriend ever lel). Though my mom and sisters probably know I'm not because bullshit that happened when I was younger.

Oh though there was that one time I had a bruise that looked like a hickey so who knows.

That was always a big fear to me when I was younger for some reason. It's hard to justify to myself now why that was a fear though. I did probably make it clear at some point to them that I was straight. I don't really remember how the conversation lead there though.

I'm also wondering if I should even post this since someone will get angry with me. I know I should readjust my thinking one of these days, but people saying they're bisexual never seems like a big deal to me. In my brain it's just "okay," so you want to do things with both sexes now. You'll probably get married to one of the genders these days, so eh? It's probably me just having a shitty view on things since I don't see it as big of a step as someone saying they're gay instead. Educate me or something frienders.

I also don't really want this to sound like I'm shitting on Aaron coming out. It's just this weird, probably ignorant, outsider perspective makes it seem more simple for bisexual people, but less so for others.

semisonic

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if my dad thinks I'm gay. I'm super fucking feminine and I've never brought a girl home (not that I could cause no girlfriend ever lel). Though my mom and sisters probably know I'm not because bullshit that happened when I was younger.

Oh though there was that one time I had a bruise that looked like a hickey so who knows.

I got told yesterday by one of my friends that the reason that girls had approached me in the past was that I had the charm of an ambiguously gay man.
I'm just like "fucking what?"
And he responds that the first time he met me, and the first times that we hung out, he was about 75% sure I was gay. And that my appeal to women was my position as the mysterious attractive guy(mysterious apparently in regards to my sexual preferences) and the thought that "they could change me." Like the guy from "Sherlock."
As an actually entirely straight man, I might need to rethink my image. I mean, sure I'm kinda feminine, and I care about fashion, but...
That kind of explains a lot, come to think of it. Huh.

I'm waifusexual
I'm just making a joke. Don't wanna belittle anyone or anything, I'm suddenly paranoid people will take this the wrong way.

Xiraiya

I didn't do a very good job of hiding it, I will admit. But it was still a thing I needed to say.
Thanks.

Australia has it's share of close minded and backwards people, but I grew up in pretty mixed surroundings, so seeing people's sexuality being an issue or a big deal has always seemed a little weird to me as I got older.
The only time a person should be judged for who they want to bang is if the person they're trying to get with happens to be stupid and/or shitty in general.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
#Believe.. ;_; maybe resellers?
Rarely anything ever gets put back on the market after it's run it's course. Best you can hope for is X of the Y edition.

8221253.jpg

croten

Australia has it's share of close minded and backwards people, but I grew up in pretty mixed surroundings, so seeing people's sexuality being an issue or a big deal has always seemed a little weird to me as I got older.
The only time a person should be judged for who they want to bang is if the person they're trying to get with happens to be stupid and/or shitty in general.

It's a big deal because a lot of people are assholes about it.

Go at your own speed. I figured it was gonna come out sooner or later so I might as well get ahead of it and tell her personally before random pics of me mackin' on some dude show up on the internet. I fully support you guys doing it, though, shit is freeing as hell.

Also, this wasn't one day of realization, I've known on some level for years and finally came to terms with it about a month ago. Alcohol was just the final push to come out to my best friend, then figured I might as well get it done with.

I'm not coming out any time soon. I'm pretty sure my best friend is a homophobe though so not telling him that

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I got told yesterday by one of my friends that the reason that girls had approached me in the past was that I had the charm of an ambiguously gay man.
I'm just like "fucking what?"
And he responds that the first time he met me, and the first times that we hung out, he was about 75% sure I was gay. And that my appeal to women was my position as the mysterious attractive guy(mysterious apparently in regards to my sexual preferences) and the thought that "they could change me." Like the guy from "Sherlock."
As an actually entirely straight man, I might need to rethink my image. I mean, sure I'm kinda feminine, and I care about fashion, but...
That kind of explains a lot, come to think of it. Huh.
Tons of people think this about me because I love shoes, I swing and tap dance, I sing, I cook, and I haven't creeped on any of my female friends.

That being said, there is nothing more fucking self centered than wanting to 'fix' a gay person. Fuck those people.

I'm waifusexual
I'm just making a joke. Don't wanna belittle anyone or anything, I'm suddenly paranoid people will take this the wrong way.
I have waifus of both sexes. It kinda works.

Nordicus

Garo episode 17: "Myyyy, look at you Mr Protagonist! You're looking well, especially after you lost almost everything at the mid-series climax because you're overly emotional for the job you had. Whatcha got there? Oh my, she's a really sweet country girl isn't she? And she has a dog and a kind family too? Well, aren't you a lucky man, especially since you got used to this quiet farmer lifestyle so easily! Bet you'd want to settle down huh?

Oh, what's that knock on the door? Ya know, I think it's Mr Dark Fantasy Universe Motivation. Let him in..."

Honestly to me I don't think coming out should be entirely necessary. Which isn't to say like I don't want people to be comfortable with who they are, I'm just so jaded (probably not the right word here) that it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I'm sure it makes things easier when looking for a partner but in my head I'm always like "Wouldn't it be like you never came out when you go somewhere people don't know you?" and you could just be like "I'm not into that/I'm totally into this".

Again this is mostly me thinking it shouldn't be necessary nowadays since it shouldn't matter to anyone who you like. If you feel you want to do it though go ahead as like Aaron says, it could make you feel much better about it.
Protip: Roll with it. If it gets you female attention, that'll get you more female attention. Girls like what other girls like. Thank you science. Probably why Mathaou seems like such a pimp

Tako

Just bought a 2DS, GBA SP, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Blue and Silver. But in a couple of days my new 3DS will be here

semisonic

Banned
Protip: Roll with it. If it gets you female attention, that'll get you more female attention. Girls like what other girls like. Thank you science. Probably why Mathaou seems like such a pimp

That's probably the best way anyways. I don't want to change myself for that, and I mean, girls have approached me in the past, so it's gotta be doing something.
I always looked at it as being a gentlemen, along with my enormous self-control(? That makes it sound more difficult than it is. I guess "restraint" would be a better word) when it came to creeping on ladies. Maybe if I tried being more aggressive it would help, but I don't really do that unless I'm already sure I like the girl, which is super rare(especially here at Rochester Institute of Thirst).
Thanks for the advice tho. Helps.

Xiraiya

I think I follow you, but it's more of a problem online and with strangers than anywhere else. I trust my friends to not think I'm crazy. Online it's just too easy to be misconstrued.

I don't know, I've had my moments of things being misunderstood over the years, but I really think it's just this thread making you paranoid, since I've never seen it happen to me remotely this consistently in such a short amount of time.

But oh well, what can you do, no sense worrying about it.

H
ORA
H
ORA
H
ORA
H
ORA indeed
I want MGQ: Shameless Crusaders
I don't know, I've had my moments of things being misunderstood over the years, but I really think it's just this thread since I've never seen it happen remotely this consistently in such a short amount of time.

But oh well, what can you do, no sense worrying about it.
It's pretty easy to choose the right words to be clear most of the time. Just every so often I get worried over a comment and overdo damage control. I do it less here than everywhere else written.

Top Bottom