• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Xiraiya

I don't even know what's happening, as I've never seen the show, but that scene was pretty fucking cool.

Supernatural is really dumb and cheesy in a lot of intentional ways but it's a really cool series. The first 5 seasons are easily the best, the next 5 are not as good but it definitely starts to build up from it's initial drop.

I highly recommend giving it a shot at some point.

What about the rest? Would watching the first 5 seasons and stopping there make it unsatisfying? No closure and whatnot?

The first five seasons were designed by the creator, Eric Kripke, to be one big story. He stepped down as showrunner after the conclusion of season 5, intending to end the series, but the network continued the show with a new person in charge. Watching the first 5 is a perfectly fine way to experience the show.

What about the rest? Would watching the first 5 seasons and stopping there make it unsatisfying? No closure and whatnot?

EDIT:
Ah I see, so it's not that it just trips over its own feet and never gets up after the first five seasons? I might give it a look at some point. Thank you both.

Absolutely not, season 5 would be a perfect fucking closure point. There's a scene at the end that sets up the next one but you can ignore it. The show still has its moments later on and eventually gets back up on its feet but it hasn't been the same since season 5.

Xiraiya

Ah I see, so it's not that it just trips over its own feet and never gets up after the first five seasons? I might give it a look at some point. Thank you both.
Yeah it definitely tries, just be prepared for season 6 to be shit next to 5, but 7 and onwards it slowly gets better, and even then those seasons are mostly fine as far as TV goes, it's just that it's basically the DS2 problem.

10 has been pretty good, a lot of pretty amusing acknowledgement about how stupid the plot got for awhile

croten

Yeah it definitely tries, just be prepared for season 6 to be shit next to 5, but 7 and onwards it slowly gets better, and even then those seasons are mostly fine as far as TV goes, it's just that it's basically the DS2 problem.

10 has been pretty good, a lot of pretty amusing acknowledgement about how stupid the plot got for awhile

It's been on my list for a while, I'll probably start it after I finish The Next Generation

I see, sounds good.
Just a flat out fun show is nice every once in a while too. I don't need every show to be The Wire or Sopranos to love it. I'll check out the first 5 seasons sometime and if I'm not too crazy about it, I'll end it there, but if I love it I'll just keep at it.

It has its feels moments too but some of the funny episode are just downright hilarious.

Xiraiya

The first five seasons were designed by the creator, Eric Kripke, to be one big story. He stepped down as showrunner after the conclusion of season 5, intending to end the series, but the network continued the show with a new person in charge. Watching the first 5 is a perfectly fine way to experience the show.
Gabriel is a goddamn asshole, a hilarious asshole, but an asshole none the less.

For those who haven't seen it's not really a big spoiler or anything, but if it's something you're really touchy about then I guess don't bother.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm here shilling hide and seek, a Koren psychological thriller. One of the best movies I've seen recently and an all around 9/10 mind fuck.

Plot from the wiki page:
Sung-soo is a successful businessman who lives with his wife Min-ji and their children in a luxury apartment. Life is mostly good, except for an older brother from whom he's estranged.
One day, Sung-soo receives a phone call that his brother is missing and goes to his brother's apartment building for the first time in decades to look for him. There, he finds strange symbols carved into every door and meets Joo-hee and her young daughter. Joo-hee is convinced that someone is spying on them and lives in constant fear.
Sung-soo figures out that the symbols carved onto the doors are "hide and seek codes" that indicate gender and number of people. Then when he returns home, he finds similar symbols carved into his door.

I love reading the meltdowns by PopGAF in the Grammy thread.

It's like console war quality stuff.

Salt was spilled all over the place last night for Beyonce.

I'm here shilling hide and seek, a Koren psychological thriller. One of the best movies I've seen recently and an all around 9/10 mind fuck.

Plot from the wiki page:

Who is Koren? :D
I'll give it a look, Korea does some dope shit in the movie department.

Also their soap opera's are the best.

hqdefault.jpg

Wisdom

Ilvocare

-The dungeon in the PV is not randomly generated, and the main areas in the game will consist primarily of places that would make sense for a phantom thief to infiltrate. Various gimmicks included as well.

Spoilered just in case..

Yo I hope this is indicative of the design for the game proper. That was the one problem with the previous 2 Persona games.

Hi everyone, what's been happening?

Xiraiya

Thinking about it, is 5 hours of sleep a night acceptable? It doesn't bother me anymore, but i'm curious if it is alright.

It's not ideal but it won't kill you, I'd try bumping that up to 6 hours since that's generally the accepted minimum you want over long term.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Thinking about it, is 5 hours of sleep a night acceptable? It doesn't bother me anymore, but i'm curious if it is alright.

Theres some study that some people have a certain gene that allows them to function on 6 hours of sleep just fine as opposed to 8 hours. Commonly found in the people who have an ancestory of farming.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I love reading the meltdowns by PopGAF in the Grammy thread.

It's like console war quality stuff.

Salt was spilled all over the place last night for Beyonce.
Whens JazzGAF? Also, I feel like if I go to that thread I might cry.

Who is Koren? :D
I'll give it a look, Korea does some dope shit in the movie department.

Also their soap opera's are the best.

hqdefault.jpg

Wisdom
Remember Old Boy?

I remember Old Boy.

Man, the dodge mechanic in KI: Uprising is so terrible. "Flick" the Circle Pad? Really? I get that the method of aiming and shooting doesn't really allow for more button options, but they could have made the sensitivity a little more generous. Died way too many times from Pit just moving to the left or right instead of dodging.

Also, starting to feel a bit of the wrist destruction. It's mostly just in my left arm where I hold the stylus, though. I thought I'd be safe since I played Metroid Prime Hunters which has the same control scheme, but I think it's just the shape of the 3DS that makes it all wonky.

Rizzi

I want to buy it but Early Access

Yeah, I thought it was released when everyone was getting super hyped for it.
Still bought, but I'm waiting for it to properly release before I get heavily invested.

Can early access please stop being a thing?

croten

Yeah, I thought it was released when everyone was getting super hyped for it.
Still bought, but I'm waiting for it to properly release before I get heavily invested.

Can early access please stop being a thing?

I checked earlier today and it says it's going to be another 6 months or so.

Top Bottom