• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Tako

Morning Frienders, Work is so tedious and boring. Been here already for 2 hrs. Oh and what is a good selling price for a 2ds?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
New New 3DS XL

I just paid mine off on Friday. I'd play it day that day if only I didn't have to hang out with pre-teens.

Also, I'm thinking of getting Xrd and Ultimax so I can be bodied by you nerds. How easy are they to get into?

And can you play Xrd with people if you have a PS3 and the other person has a PS4?

I just paid mine off on Friday. I'd play it day that day if only I didn't have to hang out with pre-teens.

Also, I'm thinking of getting Xrd and Ultimax so I can be bodied by you nerds. How easy are they to get into?

And can you play Xrd with people if you have a PS3 and the other person has a PS4?
Yeah, it's cross play.

Ultimax is pretty easy to get into with some movement mechanics that help with defensive options. Xrd on the other hand, you might have trouble with inputs and timings. We mostly play Ultimax anyways.

Yes.

Ultimax is one of the easiest fighting games out there. All the motions are quarter circles, charging only takes like half a second, you have an instant reversal button, and there's auto combos. You should get it.

Xiraiya

What there are people who dislike Scrubs? What is wrong with you people?
There are only two states of mind with that show, you like it, or you've never seen it.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah, it's cross play.

Ultimax is pretty easy to get into with some movement mechanics that help with defensive options. Xrd on the other hand, you might have trouble with inputs and timings. We mostly play Ultimax anyways.

Yes.

Ultimax is one of the easiest fighting games out there. All the motions are quarter circles, charging only takes like half a second, you have an instant reversal button, and there's auto combos. You should get it.

Bought Ultimax. It'll arrive on Wednesday - which is a really busy day for me. So I'll be playing it Thursday.

Xiraiya

I did not like how it ended, but the rest of it is pretty good.

Are you talking about season 9, if so I can't disagree with you, but I can't see Med School as the same show, even though they called it season 9, it was suppose to be a completely separate spinoff that JD wasn't really meant to be apart of, which is why it suddenly feels so different, the network made them bolt it on as a Scrubs season.

For me Scrubs ended at Season 8.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
The show was good, but it clearly overstayed its welcome. It started out strong, but its final seasons were really fucking weak on average.
Overall it's a good comedy show, but mainly because of the later seasons, it's not one of my favorites. If it was about 2-3 seasons shorter, it would have been great.

9 or 4 seasons are the magic numbers. Depending on the show, it should be one of those. Anything over usually overstays its welcome.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Are you talking about season 9, if so I can't disagree with you, but I can't see Med School as the same show, even though they called it season 9, it was suppose to be a completely separate spinoff that JD wasn't really meant to be apart of, which is why it suddenly feels so different, the network made them bolt it on as a Scrubs season.

Theres a principal that a anime reviewer I watch always says and I feel it applies to things other than anime.

"The ending is paramount!" - Arkada

If an ending sucks it can make the best show less memorable and just an OK show.

Pat has mentioned before but I would say 6 seasons is the limit.

Seinfeld and the Simpsons were really good for 9 seasons. Simpsons now just needs to die.

Xiraiya

Pat has mentioned before but I would say 6 seasons is the limit.

Pat's 5 season rule is pretty fucking accurate when you're talking about Supernatural, the 5th season of that show was amazing and really could have ended there.
The 6th season was dogshit, and then the 7th was actually better but not on par with earlier seasons, and 8 and 9 were pretty decent, and now 10 has felt much more like old Supernatural which is awesome, but it really should have ended at 5.

I just pretend season 9 doesn't exist. Absolutely terrible.

Overall, great show with some strong writing throughout. Good at tugging at your heartstrings.

Xiraiya

I just pretend season 9 doesn't exist. Absolutely terrible.
Overall, great show with some strong writing throughout. Good at tugging at your heartstrings.

I agree, that show ended at 8, the finale and everything was just right. For me it's a lot like watching Gintama, with a mix of different genres blending well.

Top Bottom