• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Zenfalcia

ig1tjyw.gif
zs1AIbO.gif

Man, I haven't seen a great sex scene since American Psycho. That combined comedy, sex, and character development in a truly fantastic way. Most stuff seems to toss in sex because they can or because they don't actually want to do any relationship building *cough*
Witcher 3
*cough*. Just use that screentime for better/more interesting stuff.

Jman014

Man, I haven't seen a great sex scene since American Psycho. That combined comedy, sex, and character development in a truly fantastic way. Most stuff seems to toss in sex because they can or because they don't actually want to do any relationship building *cough*
Witcher 3
*cough*. Just use that screentime for better/more interesting stuff.

I am not looking forward to forced romance with Yennifer and Triss in Witcher 3

Shackzam

I don't have a local community, so most of my play is cultivated online. I've never been spectacular at Aksys games in general. I was only moderately competent at BlazBlue during CT and CS, and I played Guilty Gear really before I started actually learning fighters. I still love them to death, though.

I might be up for some Ultra later tonight.

Not to ego boost Shack too much, but I appreciate that he plays smart and his execution is pretty much on point. He also adapts well.

People have said that you have some solid fundamentals in Ultimax or Smash. I'd be surprised if you don't have some intrinsic gauge of skill when you go against someone.

Cool, I've had a pretty good handle on anime games because of all the mahvel I used to play, but I completely cut out marvel until recently when one of my friends wanted to learn to play. Street fighter helped me a lot with footsies and general idea of what I should be doing in fighting game.

I'll take that as more of a complement then an ego boost because I know I'm not the best because I get bodied really hard by people in my local scene. I know I played knuckledue in casuals before Ultra was released and we was working me and a canadian? ibuki player named whitegun bodied my ass. Dude made me feel like I couldn't do anything, but I like that because I can figure things out later. Love that shit about fighting games.

Also, does anyone know a method of having the DS4 working on PC?

Usually not being in there very long means you're doing it wrong.
Well, it can go two ways. Either your stamina's really bad, or your technique is really good. Either way, nobody said it had to be good sex.
So she could carry it most of the way and the guy could finish it in just a couple seconds.

Shackzam

DS4Windows. There's two forks that are being updated, so either one is good.

Ahh, okay I'll look that up and test it out. I rearranged my set-up and my pc is farther away from me when playing and my ds3 usb is to short for the length I'm at and so I have to be right next to the screen. My DS4 usb is super fucking long.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Cool, I've had a pretty good handle on anime games because of all the mahvel I used to play, but I completely cut out marvel until recently when one of my friends wanted to learn to play. Street fighter helped me a lot with footsies and general idea of what I should be doing in fighting game.

I'll take that as more of a complement then an ego boost because I know I'm not the best because I get bodied really hard by people in my local scene. I know I played knuckledue in casuals before Ultra was released and we was working me and a canadian? ibuki player named whitegun bodied my ass. Dude made me feel like I couldn't do anything, but I like that because I can figure things out later. Love that shit about fighting games.

I play a shit ton of Marvel, too. It's probably my most played game of the last generation. Marvel 1 and 2 were what got me into fighting games to begin with actually. I find that it doesn't always translate well into Aksys fighters. I also find there are fewer good resources for learning Aksys fighters than Capcom fighters. That definitely plays a role as well.

Well, it's all relative. That's why I usually subscribe to humility and modesty because even if you're doing top 8 in your local scene, someone else in the country still considers you ass. And if you're making top 8 in majors, someone in Japan thinks you're nothing but a scrub.

NuckleDu has been doing exceptionally well. Dude just won APEX, and while that's primarily a Smash tournament, it's still quite an accomplishment for the guy.

Also, does anyone know a method of having the DS4 working on PC?
I use DS4 tool to get mine working on PC.
And to be fair to you, KnuckleDu is one of the top players :p.
I don't know if there is a local scene around me, I've searched the SRK and eventhubs forums and fight games reddits but haven't seen anything. Does anyone know of any other good sites or places to check for something like that?

Shackzam

I play a shit ton of Marvel, too. It's probably my most played game of the last generation. I find that it doesn't always translate well into Aksys fighters. I also find there are fewer good resources for learning Aksys fighters than Capcom fighters. That definitely plays a role as well.

Well, it's all relative. That's why I usually subscribe to humility and modesty because even if you're doing top 8 in your local scene, someone else in the country still considers you ass. And if you're making top 8 in majors, someone in Japan thinks you're nothing but a scrub.

NuckleDu has been doing exceptionally well. Dude just won APEX, and while that's primarily a Smash tournament, it's still quite an accomplishment for the guy.

Yeah, when people ask me if I'm good at fighting games, I'm just modest and say I'm alright. A lot I've been noticing is when someone says there good at fighting games, there probably going to get bodied real quick. Knuckledue was super nice when I was playing him and he was giving me some tips while we were dicking around with the new Ultra stuff.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
so what's the best way to view gaf while my laptop's gone if I don't get a loaner?
I've got mobile, ps3, and wii u

While I've never tried it, people say the WiiU browser is actually really really good.

Yeah, when people ask me if I'm good at fighting games, I'm just modest and say I'm alright. A lot I've been noticing is when someone says there good at fighting games, there probably going to get bodied real quick. Knuckledue was super nice when I was playing him and he was giving me some tips while we were dicking around with the new Ultra stuff.

That's pretty sick. I'd love to play a few rounds with NuckleDu.

Request 05 of Flower, Sun and Rain, brought to you by fake afros and oversize speakers.

Finally I was able to get down to the lobby of the hotel, as well as cash in all my tickets from completing the Lost & Found puzzles up until now. However the exit is blocked by a pair of humongous speakers belonging to a comedy duo that is being denied access to their room because they can't prove their identities. Also, the hotel does not have any cars or other transports that can get Mondo to the airport so he would've had to walk if he didn't need to bother with this other problem.

Anyway, how does one go about finding a way to prove one's identity?
By getting a mop and placing it on one of the dude's head to make it resemble an afro, followed by using Catherine to shrink the speakers to a smaller size so the dude can start talking normally again, thus proving their identities.

Oh, and the plane blew up AGAIN!

Puzzles continue to remain being a non issue for me, but the amount of walking Mondo has to do continues to increase in distance.

YO THE MAIL JUST GOT HERE NICE HEADPHONES 4 LYFE FUCK YEAH

I can't wait till they burn in. This gives me a good excuse to listen to my Radiohead discography again.

Now that I think about it, FSR and Drakengard are the only two games as far as I know whose soundtracks use classical music pieces as the basis for their soundtracks. Obviously both are utilized very differently from each other.

Top Bottom