• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

B9XGzMRCMAAvkwq.jpg

Gamer Y

Half dead.

Oh Pat you bastard. Just read you have MH4G. My hammer must bigger and harder than your weapons.

I'm technically alive today.

Sad and tired

Alive. Mostly.
Yeah, I feel the same, the weather here is so gloomy, makes me want to sleep all day.

Hopefully it'll get better, what's the closest thing you are looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to the KI stream this friday, their showing off the newest character.

demidar

I have a headache. I want to play a game but I'm scared that will make my headache worse.

So instead I'm reading the Terraformars thread and making my headache worse from laughing :/

Yeah, I feel the same, the weather here is so gloomy, makes me want to sleep all day.

Hopefully it'll get better, what's the closest thing you are looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to the KI stream this friday, their showing off the newest character.
Waiting for my MH4G New 3DS to come in.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm not going to school friday so I can pick up my shit at 9AM from gamestop and play as much as I can before the fucking waterpark.

I'm getting MH4, MM, SMT4, and Theatrhythm because I want to play a rhythm game and I love Final Fantasy. I have a lot of gaming to do.

I have reached the water temple in OOT.
mr-bill.jpg

Not as bad as everyone says. The real deal is the MM water temple. That was insane.

The glitches you could do with that were so much fun tho. Goddamn I love OOT. Beat it more times than I can remember.
WWHD and OoT 3DS letting you use the bottom screen is great, and when every piece equipment has lots of uses it's even better since it minimizes menu use.

What they should've done is let you equip Iron boots with the c buttons in the N64 version.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
TOBEY'S BACK BABY!!!!!!

Didn't the Nintendo team fix the problem with the dungeon this time around?

Did he ever leave?

The dungeon never had a problem, they just improved it for the babbys. And so it wasn't as infuriating. I hope they do the same thing with MM, because that one was way worse.

demidar

Did he ever leave?

The dungeon never had a problem, they just improved it for the babbys. And so it wasn't as infuriating. I hope they do the same thing with MM, because that one was way worse.

MM had a Water Temple?

Edit: Oh wait yeah it did. I just don't remember anything about it.

WWHD and OoT 3DS letting you use the bottom screen is great, and when every piece equipment has lots of uses it's even better since it minimizes menu use.

What they should've done is let you equip Iron boots with the c buttons in the N64 version.

It infuriates me that there are games that do not do this.

Nintendo sells people on the Gamepad but then balks at actually making games that utilize the fucking thing...

Zelda U better have some utilization of the Gamepad. Please give me Skyrim + Item Mgmt.

Good morning.

Morning.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

That would have created problems, because the menu system was necessary for some dungeons. If your boots were on a c-stick slot, then in places like the water temple and shadow temple where you need (or it just reduces a headache) to have 3 items at the ready at all times, you would need to swap those items out because you had a slot occupied by one of the boots. Water temple swaps items all the time, you need the bow, hookshot, deku sticks, ocarina, and bombs in that temple IIRC. Shadow uses the boots a ton, but also the hook shot, lens of truth, bombs, and the ocarina.

I can't see that game working at the time if they didn't put the boots in the menu.

That would have created problems, because the menu system was necessary for some dungeons. If your boots were on a c-stick slot, then in places like the water temple and shadow temple where you need (or it just reduces a headache) to have 3 items at the ready at all times, you would need to swap those items out because you had a slot occupied by one of the boots. Water temple swaps items all the time, you need the bow, hookshot, deku sticks, ocarina, and bombs in that temple IIRC. Shadow uses the boots a ton, but also the hook shot, lens of truth, bombs, and the ocarina.

I can't see that game working at the time if they didn't put the boots in the menu.
I don't see how it's any worse of a headache than using the menu twice for every equip/dequip of the boots. That's already more than three items, so you switch equipment all the time anyway. Making me goto a seperate menu is just annoying with the long animation to switch between them.

My bigger problem is with that dungeon's design not taking into account the limitatons they set. Also Dark Link is a punk bitch.
Nintendo sells people on the Gamepad but then balks at actually making games that utilize the fucking thing...
Zelda U better have some utilization of the Gamepad. Please give me Skyrim + Item Mgmt.
ZombiU does it best by far, but personally I'm actually pretty happy with Off-TV play.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
MM had a Water Temple?

Edit: Oh wait yeah it did. I just don't remember anything about it.
Repressed memories? I guess I remember it because I've played MM many times. It was really annoying really, because it required precise swimming and jumping out of the water and the camera didn't always allow that to happen nicely. Just an annoying temple.

Morning.
I use my gamepad for virtual console games. I don't really like using it otherwise. Item management is the only thing I like it for.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I don't see how it's any worse of a headache than using the menu twice for every equip/dequip of the boots. That's already more than three items, so you switch equipment all the time anyway. Making me goto a seperate menu is just annoying with the long animation to switch between them.

My bigger problem is with that dungeon's design not taking into account the limitatons they set. Also Dark Link is a punk bitch.

ZombiU does it best by far, but personally I'm actually pretty happy with Off-TV play.

This is where the gamepad would come in handy.

ZombiU is such a fun multiplayer game.

Top Bottom