• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

I made huge a mistake by playing Ghost Trick right after finishing 999 and VLR. I still love every bit of it but I can't help but feel I would of loved it even more if I had played it before or way after 999 and VLR.
But Lynne tho

Yeah, it's quite literally just you and other people wroking together to kill the big monster. Experienced is a better taste of how the actual difficulty is that makes you git gud.

Lances and gunlances are kinda weird. Lances are more defensive than gunlances, and good use of the shield matters most. They're kinda methodical, but you can build a character with armor skills that just blocks everything
3DS has BC with DS games, or if you have an iOS device
Well I must have been playing Lances all wrong cause I only shielded about 4 times during the whole thing

So I am still surprised by the VA for Mighty No. 9

Mighty No. 1 Pyrogen: Matt Mercer
Mighty No. 2 Cryosphere: Paige King
Mighty No. 3 Dynatron: Jan Johns
Mighty No. 4 Seismic: Fred Tatasciore
Mighty No. 5 Battalion: Brian. T. Delaney
Mighty No. 6 Aviator: Mick Wingert
Mighty No. 7 Brandish: JP Karliak
Mighty No. 8 Countershade: Steve Blum
Mighty No. 9 Beck: Yuri Lowenthal

Call: Julie Nathanson
Dr. White: Jason Spisak
Dr. Sanda: Dave Wittenberg
Seijiro Sanda: Dave Wittenberg
Mr. Graham: Scott Whyte
Dr. Blackwell: Bob Joles

How much do you think it cost to hire all of these actors?

Numb

I actually remember discussing this, I think they're not enough interesting content for a Zelda LP to be super interesting. I think maybe if one of them hadn't played an entry into the series, getting initial reactions would be ok..?

The amount of games out there must make it really hard to choose what to play.
They already did RE4 which was the game i wanted to see the most.
They might enter the Gaiden arc if they play P4DAN, Shadow of the collosus,Ikaruga and the next David cage game, maybe Kara at once.

The amount of games out there must make it really hard to choose what to play.
They already did RE4 which was the game i wanted to see the most.
They might enter the Gaiden arc if they play P4DAN, Shadow of the collosus,Ikaruga and the next David cage game, maybe Kara at once.
DAN is a rhythm game, so they're not much to make a video on. SotC... I think would be a lot like he they're doing Silent Hill 2. Where they're being analytical, but there's sooo much there and so little to remark on between Collossi, though they could just talk and it'd be fine. I'm not a huge fan of the Beyond playthrough either.

And move even slower than regular speed? This tanky playstyle really needs some getting used to.
I'm not a huge fan of lances because of their tanky moveset, but no, what I mean is Lances are inherently a lot slower walk speed when drawn versus most other weapons, so shielding makes up for the lack of mobility.

Numb

DAN is a rhythm game, so they're not much to make a video on. SotC... I think would be a lot like he they're doing Silent Hill 2. Where they're being analytical, but there's sooo much there and so little to remark on between Collossi, though they could just talk and it'd be fine. I'm not a huge fan of the Beyond playthrough either.

They could make maybe one vid of DAN. I enjoy the analytical stuff in Silent hill 2 and who doesnt love the sadness trilogy?

Nordicus

Mighty No. 8 Countershade: Steve Blum
Ywkjh11.jpg

Engaging stealth

Squishy3

But then they'd have to order Vita capture stuff because I'm willing to bet DAN won't be on the Vita TV compatibility list at launch

But then they'd have to order Vita capture stuff because I'm willing to bet DAN won't be on the Vita TV compatibility list at launch
Oh, yeah. I forgot Vita TV compatability is trash.
They could make maybe one vid of DAN. I enjoy the analytical stuff in Silent hill 2 and who doesnt love the sadness trilogy?
I love Heavy Rain, and I think Indigo is alright, but Beyond is just them reacting to the shitty plot blind, expecting this to go wrong. I mean, I don't blame them, but it's just boring. And nothing. And really one note.

Numb

Oh, yeah. I forgot Vita TV compatability is trash.

I love Heavy Rain, and I think Indigo is alright, but Beyond is just them reacting to the shitty plot blind, expecting this to go wrong. I mean, I don't blame them, but it's just boring. And nothing. And really one note.

Am i dumb for being hyped and wanting to play Kara badly?
I enjoyed that little demo alot.

Squishy3

I'm curious, how has Mighty No 9 been doing? I haven't read about it in a whle.
I don't like Inafune and I'm convinced now he is ultimately responsible for the current state of Capcom, considering he was the biggest Westaboo there. And he was the one to announce DmC and whatnot, in addition to pushing for MML3 and MM Universe and then leaving the company shortly after they got announced, so of course they get canceled after the executive that was spearheading the projects quits the fucking company.

I regret giving them sixty fucking dollars.

360pages

I don't like Inafune and I'm convinced now he is ultimately responsible for the current state of Capcom, considering he was the biggest Westaboo there.

Come now, he was overseeing that awful Ninja Gaiden spinoff, but outside of that. I'm sure Mighty No. 9 will be fun...though looking at it. I'm starting to think it's going to be worse than Shovel Knight, and maybe even GunVolt.

Mostly because while Shovel Knight feels like it's paying homage to the original Megaman series and platformers with Gunvolt paying homage to the Megaman Zero/Zx side. Mighty No. 9 feels closer to a game trying to recapture that without trying to perfect it like Shovel Knight or trying to do anything new like Gunvolt.

I don't like Inafune and I'm convinced now he is ultimately responsible for the current state of Capcom, considering he was the biggest Westaboo there. And he was the one to announce DmC and whatnot, in addition to pushing for MML3 and MM Universe and then leaving the company shortly after they got announced, so of course they get canceled after the executive that was spearheading the projects quits the fucking company.

I regret giving them sixty fucking dollars.

He is. Inafune destroyed Capcom from the inside out, and forced Capcom into the predicament they are in now.

Squishy3

Come now, he was overseeing that awful Ninja Gaiden spinoff, but outside of that. I'm sure Mighty No. 9 will be fun...though looking at it. I'm starting to think it's going to be worse than Shovel Knight, and maybe even GunVolt.
Inafune has huge issues and I'm not convinced he can produce anything of worth when he's at the head of a project now.

See: MIGHTY NO.9 BEING ANNOUNCED AS A FRANCHISE A YEAR BEFORE THE FIRST GAME WAS EVEN OUT

Squishy3

Inafune is mostly just credited as Illustrator/Producer on most of his games. I don't know what to actually attribute to him other than Soul Sacrifice.
He's the director of No. 9 and is the founder and CEO of the company... so I can totally shit on him all I want for stuff regarding No. 9.

Plus the fact the game had to be kickstarted to even happen

I don't think it being kickstarted is a reason to dislike the franchise announcement. In fact, it makes sense. If MN9 takes off as a franchise, I helped establish it with my backing. If Comcept announces another campaign to fund a franchise entry, then the pitchforks come out.

Top Bottom