• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

But backers didn't give money to an idea, and that idea remains with Comcept. Every other game, book, film, show and whatever idea remains with the creator and if the success of that idea is proven, the creator can pursue franchise options without the original supporters. Comcept is being arrogant with it's franchise announcement, but backers aren't investors.

So why don't you have a gripe? You(the backers)are being fucked by the guy, presumably.

Backers shouldn't be upset that he misled them into financing something more than a one time project?

So why don't you have a gripe? You(the backers)are being fucked by the guy, presumably.

Backers shouldn't be upset that he misled them into financing something more than a one time project?
How are backers being fucked? They helped fund the game so it could be made, and it is being made. They're getting what they paid for.

I didn't back "The Mighty No. 9" franchise. I backed the game. I'd be mistaken to conflate the two.

I'd have thrown more money into a franchise kickstarter

Numb

One thing about cage that i will say. He's probably the most underrated comedic writer in the industry. Indigo prophecy is hilarious.

He is the greatest boxer that never boxed before but does Tae kwon do.
If only he was in his element which is comedy.

tumblr_mw14xyGSIp1sknv58o1_1280.jpg
Too bad that Beck's design sucks.

joe2187

Banned
You guys really that upset with the direction MN9 has taken?

besides Ninja Gaiden z yaiba, I think they have a pretty solid track record.

They funded a franchise when they thought they funded a game. How much of that 4 million do you think is going into the game that it was for.
Using stretch goal funds is supposed to be the cost for implementing those features, and considering they didn't accomplish even the basics of what they said they would, it's worth being upset over, and while I can't prove they misused the money, it seems that way.
Too bad that Beck's design sucks.
Beck should have a label that says "Ribbed for her pleasure.'

How are backers being fucked? They helped fund the game so it could be made, and it is being made. They're getting what they paid for.

To be clear, They're getting what Inafune can get, not what they rightfully paid for.
MN9 as it stands does not look like a $20 dollar game.

I didn't back "The Mighty No. 9" franchise. I backed the game. I'd be mistaken to conflate the two.

I'd have thrown more money into a franchise kickstarter

So then he should ethically give backers the opportunity to buy into growing the franchise that he so openly bragged about at that con.

They funded a franchise when they thought they funded a game. How much of that 4 million do you think is going into the game that it was for.

That's the big question: what are the true costs of making a video game in today's market?

What category of spending is "franchise" that isn't tied to the game in some tangible way? Advertising a hypothetical second game?
Maybe hiring a company to go over the data on how social media talks about Mighty No. 9, but other than that building the first MN9 is critical to establishing the franchise in the first place.

Numb

Exactly. I guess until he realizes that, we'll just have to keep talking shit about his 'emotional' stories. I suppose that's just our cross to bear.

Having any 'emotional' experience in his comedies other than laughter is a failure of the movie director.

croten

What category of spending is "franchise" that isn't tied to the game in some tangible way? Advertising a hypothetical second game?
Maybe hiring a company to go over the data on how social media talks about Mighty No. 9, but other than that building the first MN9 is critical to establishing the franchise in the first place.

My point is no one knows, none of this is being handled well.

360pages

Yeah, Mighty No 9 does not look like it's coming together that well. Honestly, games like Shanete and Shovel Knight feel like they legit are using every bit of their money to make tight product.

MN9 easily feels like they finished the game at around the 1million point and just added a bunch of side things and extras without enhancing the core.

Numb

It'll probably happen soon. He was jerkin it pretty hard about that ugly old man's head.

Did they go to Somalia in Beyond two souls?
I can understand the expendables and call of duty murdering us but i am not cool with David cage doing it.
Somalia is not the next Russia or North Korea so stop it.

Help me settle an argument. I'm arguing with my friend about wether Andrew Garfield or Tobey Maguire is the best Spiderman. In my opinion, Tobey Maguire is the undisputed best Spiderman and Peter Parker. What do you think?

Help me settle an argument. I'm arguing with my friend about wether Andrew Garfield or Tobey Maguire is the best Spiderman. In my opinion, Tobey Maguire is the undisputed best Spiderman and Peter Parker. What do you think?
Tobey Maguire is a great Peter Parker, but is a historically awful Spider-man. Just no charisma at all.

Numb

Yeah. But Andrew is not that bad either.

Top Bottom