• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Good for you. Did I miss something that happened or are you just feeling good today?

And nobody is as shit as they think they are, everyone always say that and one day I realized they're probably right, so I just started assuming I'm amazing and boom, wild social success and bountiful confidence.

We should open a life coaching firm.

I believe its a prequel. You are probably fine

It might? If not it should only be related to Xenoblade Chronicles

What? Where are you getting that from?

Someone spam little girl anime gifs and creep out Pat.

Maybe Xenoblade 1? Its not very clear honestly, but it doesn't seem like it.

You don't need to know a single thing about Xenogears or Xenosaga though to fully enjoy that game outside of a very few obscure references that might not even be references.

well I guess we will wait to know more. Hopefully it being singular or not needing previous knowledge is the case. thanks for the replies
I don't know, people's opinions were changed by that last star road match
some of them were, but I'm sure a lot of people are still butt mad about a "meme" making it in
Sup nerds. MonHun4 is great and I have it and you don't

I swear you just come in here to stir shit up now, first the Yukiko waifu war, the Yukari waifu war, Other M and now twice with the monster hunter.
Jokes

360pages

Its just one of those games that you spend way too much time on and then ask yourself "why the fuck did I play this so much when I don't even really like it?"

Yeah, though it's more that, the game is flawed and not horrible. So I can enjoy the aspects I like for it during the post game. Even if the flaws in post game are still prevalent.

Alfebit

Banned
Sup nerds. MonHun4 is great and I have it and you don't

Anime-image-anime-36372046-500-281.gif

well I guess we will wait to know more. Hopefully it being singular or not needing privous knowledge is the case. thanks for the replies.

Yeah, the Xeno lore is fucking outrageous. Between all the games and the outside knowledge I've spent like 300 hours total learning about this series and I still don't feel like I completely understand it. It'd be nuts to have this tie in to other Xeno games, especially with Xenogears being owned by Square and Xenosaga being owned by Bamco.

A few off the top of my head are Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, and Ragnarok Odyssey.

Toukiden is by far the most similar, but Monster Hunter has a lot more depth and mechanics than those games. There's a lot more about chasing the monster, you can set up traps to beat on them or capture them, it has a lot more weapons (with more moves than Toukiden) it has more than 3 times the amount of Monsters. Toukidens getting there, but it's absolutely a total MonHun clone. It's a good one, but it's not there yet. If you want a lighter (visually), more visually interesting (I love MonHuns art) hunting game like Toukiden that has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more features and stuff to get, that's MonHun. 4U has the new terrain which is a fantastic addition, plus mounting monsters. The only thing you'd miss from Toukiden is no hard lock on, instead replaced with target lock (recentering your camera on the monster instead of the character direction.) Cutting shit off Monsters is less visually crazy than Toukiden, but broken shit stays broken, they don't grow phantom limbs to grow shit back.

Yeah, the Xeno lore is fucking outrageous. Between all the games and the outside knowledge I've spent like 300 hours total learning about this series and I still don't feel like I completely understand it. It'd be nuts to have this tie in to other Xeno games, especially with Xenogears being owned by Square and Xenosaga being owned by Bamco.

Wait WHAT?! Blade and Saga ACTUALLY tie into Gears?! I know everything there is to know about Gears, but fell off the wagon halfway through Blade and ugh Xenosaga. Never got through Ep 2.

grimmiq

Conglaturations, you missed some dialogue. It's fine tho.

I'll assume it's just about Junpei, he's recently pushed ahead of Ken for least favourite character
..Please don't go all emo and drop back to Ken tier.
..I've actually started to warm up to Yukari after
finishing her SLink and her change in relationship with Mitsuru.

Toukiden is by far the most similar, but Monster Hunter has a lot more depth and mechanics than those games. There's a lot more about chasing the monster, you can set up traps to beat on them or capture them, it has a lot more weapons (with more moves than Toukiden) it has more than 3 times the amount of Monsters. Toukidens getting there, but it's absolutely a total MonHun clone. It's a good one, but it's not there yet. If you want a lighter (visually), more visually interesting (I love MonHuns art) hunting game like Toukiden that has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more features and stuff to get, that's MonHun. 4U has the new terrain which is a fantastic addition, plus mounting monsters. The only thing you'd miss from Toukiden is no hard lock on, instead replaced with target lock (recentering your camera on the monster instead of the character direction.) Cutting shit off Monsters is less visually crazy than Toukiden, but broken shit stays broken, they don't grow phantom limbs to grow shit back.
Wow, this sounds awesome. I'm going to have to pick this up when I get the chance.

Jman014

Has anyone played Tribes Acsend recently? Do you know if it's dead or not? I liked what I played awhile ago and wanted to get back into a fast fps.

Zenfalcia

I'll assume it's just about Junpei, he's recently pushed ahead of Ken for least favourite character..I've actually started to warm up to Yukari after
finishing her SLink and her change in relationship with Mitsuru.

It's more than that, but oh well.
stanley-hudson-nodding.gif

Yukari is pretty good.

Xiraiya

We should open a life coaching firm.

We should yes.

And have classes like:

1. Getting a girlfriend, a single mans perspective!
2. How to exaggerate your way to popularity!
3. How to acquire an anime waifu!
4. Setting achievement goals low enough for anyone to achieve!
5. Internet saltiness and you!
6. How to skillfully hide insecurities from discerning individuals!

I'm sure it would be a raving success.

Wait WHAT?! Blade and Saga ACTUALLY tie into Gears?! I know everything there is to know about Gears, but fell off the wagon halfway through Blade and ugh Xenosaga. Never got through Ep 2.

Xenosaga 3 ties so hard into Xenogears. To the point where its without a doubt a prequel.

Haven't you noticed that Nephilim in Episode 1 and 2 totally looks like a younger version of Elly?

char_56696.jpg

Well then it's a fucking shame that 1 and 2 are so god awful.

It is a damn shame. It just makes 3 all the better.

grimmiq

Oh jeez, I clicked that spoiler without even thinking and thought it was the final boss

Not that far in XD Been climbing a lot of floors in Tartarus lately..last few bosses have been very weak
Used Poison mist on 1 because it seemed to resist everything else..took like half it's health in 1 turn

Damn, can't find any other SLinks today other than Gourmet King.

ultimax

We should yes.

And have classes like:

These classes almost sound like Gintama episode names

We should yes.

And have classes like:

I actually do have high goals for myself <.<

I could do the other five though =/

With all this talk about the Xeno games, I should pick one up. The only thing I know about them is Albedo from Xenosaga. How's Xenogears? I might buy it off of psn.

Not that far in XD Been climbing a lot of floors in Tartarus lately..last few bosses have been very weak
Used Poison mist on 1 because it seemed to resist everything else..took like half it's health in 1 turn

Damn, can't find any other SLinks today other than Gourmet King.
You can poison bosses?!

Top Bottom