• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Xenosaga 3 ties so hard into Xenogears. To the point where its without a doubt a prequel.

Haven't you noticed that Nephilim in Episode 1 and 2 totally looks like a younger version of Elly?

char_56696.jpg

It is a damn shame. It just makes 3 all the better.

I'm not going to play it and I don't give a shit. Hit me with it. Now.

With all this talk about the Xeno games, I should pick one up. The only thing I know about them is Albedo from Xenosaga. How's Xenogears? I might buy it off of psn.

Albedo is fucking awesome.

Xenogears is fantastic.

Xenosaga Ep 1 and 2 are mediocre, especially with Ep 2 having one of the most awful battle systems ever made

Xenosaga Ep 3 is by far the best game in the Xeno series

Xenoblade is really good.

I'd also start with Xenogears.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Well then it's a fucking shame that 1 and 2 are so god awful.

I went on this stint where I wanted to play .hack// and Xenosaga from the beginning. I bought .hack//infection and Saga 1 and haven't played any other games in either series aside from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I did not enjoy either of those.

grimmiq

You can poison bosses?!

I've used it a couple of times as a crutch..
One of the floor bosses that was 3 dancers took like half HP, while I bitched out one vs 3 statue sword dudes by poisoning them and healing constantly (Thor blocked half their attacks, he's a badass, plus he has high counter so it was doing 100 poison damage, 50 counter damage every turn while negating half their attacks)..

And Mitsuru-Senpai finally noticed me! Need to finish Fuuka's fast..The bad at cooking reminds me of Yukiko.

Albedo is fucking awesome.

Xenogears is fantastic.

Xenosaga Ep 1 and 2 are mediocre, especially with Ep 2 having one of the most awful battle systems ever made

Xenosaga Ep 3 is by far the best game in the Xeno series

Xenoblade is really good.

I'd also start with Xenogears.

Get the fuck out. There's no way EP3 is better than Gears if it requires the completion of two shitty games to play.

Hey, you like Xenogears, right? I'm looking at it on my Vita, and I have 10 dollars to spare, so I was thinking about picking it up. What can you tell me about it?

It's more of a sequel to Chrono Trigger than Cross was, is the actual sequel to that games music, has the best story of any RPG ever made and is an Evangelion fan project.

Numb

Wating for the summer drought to get into Xenoblade before X comes out, unless TPP comes out around then like rumored.

I'm not going to play it and I don't give a shit. Hit me with it. Now.

Xenosaga 3 major spoilers

In Xenosaga 3 two of the main characters outside of the cast are Nephilim and Abel, who both are the physical representation of the Xeno universe's God. At the end of Xenosaga III, they both *kind of* sacrifice themselves in order to supress the eventual destruction of the universe and promise to meet the main characters again in a certain land. That land, at the end of the game that Kos-Mos's dead body is floating towards, is in fact Earth, where they promised to meet again, setting off the events of Xenogears. If that wasn't enough, here's Abel's dungeon music which is a huge throw back to One who bears fangs at God, Abel looks exactly like a younger Fei, and if that's not enough, a secret boss in that game is Weltal and Weltal-ID.

Seems like the image thing isn't working in spoilers, so here's a (still spoilers) picture

Xenosaga 3 major spoilers

In Xenosaga 3 two of the main characters outside of the cast are Nephilim and Abel, who both are the physical representation of the Xeno universe's God. At the end of Xenosaga III, they both *kind of* sacrifice themselves in order to supress the eventual destruction of the universe and promise to meet the main characters again in a certain land. That land, at the end of the game that Kos-Mos's dead body is floating towards, is in fact Earth, where they promised to meet again, setting off the events of Xenogears. If that wasn't enough, here's Abel's dungeon music which is a huge throw back to One who bears fangs at God,
and if that's not enough, a secret boss in that game is Weltal and Weltal-ID.

...hmm. That's some serious retcon that I don't appreciate it. Gears use of its mythology was perfectly self contained.

I've used it a couple of times as a crutch..
One of the floor bosses that was 3 dancers took like half HP, while I bitched out one vs 3 statue sword dudes by poisoning them and healing constantly (Thor blocked half their attacks, he's a badass, plus he has high counter so it was doing 100 poison damage, 50 counter damage every turn while negating half their attacks)..

And Mitsuru-Senpai finally noticed me! Need to finish Fuuka's fast..The bad at cooking reminds me of Yukiko.

There's always that one persona that makes a difficult boss fight piss easy,also thor is great, he's the main persona I'm using atm

...hmm. That's some serious retcon that I don't appreciate it. Gears use of its mythology was perfectly self contained.

Xenosaga uses a lot of christian symbolism, to the point that
Jesus makes an appearance in a flashback with Chaos.

Its very heavy on religion, but dissects a lot of it. Like how the universe has
multiple gods and the upper and lower domain and a lot of completely crazy shit.

Xenosaga uses a lot of christian symbolism, to the point that
Jesus makes an appearance in a flashback with Chaos.

Its very heavy on religion.

I don't know man. I know I'm taking this way out of context n shit, but like...cmon. Xenogears use of it's plot stuff was totally justified without any of the extra shit you're adding, and Episodes 1-4 were not about the space shit. I dunno. I don't like it. I prefer my Gears, personally.

grimmiq

There's always that one persona that makes a difficult boss fight piss easy,also thor is great, he's the main persona I'm using atm

My system at the moment is save, run in blind, try to survive as long as I can to see what element they use..If I can't win change persona to a null/drain of that element. A bit harder with physical ones though, but that's where Thor excels.

I don't know man. I know I'm taking this way out of context n shit, but like...cmon. Xenogears use of it's plot stuff was totally justified without any of the extra shit you're adding, and Episodes 1-4 were not about the space shit. I dunno. I don't like it. I prefer my Gears, personally.

That's fine, but your Citan Uzuki also shares the same last name as the main characters in Xenosaga, Shion Uzuki and Jin Uzuki.

Also, Jin and Citan have the same Japanese voice actors and are both
swordsmen
, so..........

Also, as hard as it is to believe (trust me a month ago I was in the same position), Xenosaga Ep. 3 is better than Xenogears. And I despise Episode 1 and 2 as much as you do, though I appreciate the games more strictly because of Episode 3.

Oh right and
Sofia (one of Elly's past lives) and Nephilim are both wearing the same cross shaped necklace as well.

Its hard to accept it all, but makes so much sense in the overall picture.

Alright, I narrowed down what game i'm going to get when I get my Wii U in a week or two to either Bayonetta 2 or Wonderful 101. Which one should I get?

My system at the moment is save, run in blind, try to survive as long as I can to see what element they use..If I can't win change persona to a null/drain of that element. A bit harder with physical ones though, but that's where Thor excels.
If only I had the time to do that. I just use a wiki straight from the get go to tell me what they have and what their weak too. Shameful I know... but I don't do that on the main story bosses.

That's fine, but your Citan Uzuki also shares the same last name as the main characters in Xenosaga, Shion Uzuki and Jin Uzuki.

Also, Jin and Citan have the same Japanese voice actors and are both
swordsmen
, so..........

Also, as hard as it is to believe (trust me a month ago I was in the same position), Xenosaga Ep. 3 is better than Xenogears. And I despise Episode 1 and 2 as much as you do, though I appreciate the games more strictly because of Episode 3.

I gotta disagree. Mainly because the stuff you're talking about kind of detracts from Gears' singular cohesiveness. It didn't need to be connected. That being said, even if Xenogears is a 90% and Saga 3 is a 95%, I mean, fuck. I beat Saga 1 and blew, didn't even get through Saga 2. But you have to do both to even really play Saga 3.

Top Bottom