• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Neol

But the price is still pretty high.

W101 I've seen for 20-25 dollars.

You know the real answer to this is...

Why_not_both.jpg

I gotta disagree. Mainly because the stuff you're talking about kind of detracts from Gears' singular cohesiveness. It didn't need to be connected. That being said, even if Xenogears is a 90% and Saga 3 is a 95%, I mean, fuck. I beat Saga 1 and blew, didn't even get through Saga 2. But you have to do both to even really play Saga 3.

Well considering there was no chance of Takahashi's plan to have a 6 game series, Xenogears (which again is Episode 5) had to be as much of a closed package as it was. He didn't get to write it the way he wanted as that 6 part series which was why it seems like it has such a strong cohesiveness.

And the first two games aren't good, but that's why I said XS3 is better than Xenogears. The gameplay/music/story/etc. with the exception of maybe the characters, all blow it out of the water with none of the budget issues that Xenogears had (though you can argue that Xenosaga III purely existed because of budget issues). Its a fantastic game that is somehow only made better by the mediocrity of the first two games. It really is that insane.

But the price is still pretty high.

W101 I've seen for 20-25 dollars.
Well hell, if it's that cheap I might be able to get both after I pay off Bloodborne's collector's edition and get the Wii U. I still have never played Bayonetta, despite character action being my favorite genre. I have the ps3, and from what I hear the port is dogshit.

ultimax

How long to beat? I've got a backlog that I'm chipping away at.
Its not really that long compared to other RPG's. I dont remember my final time though.
Is that the god awful bland and broken looking thing Pat and Liam played where a girl somehow had a flower caught in her eye?

Looked painful.

That was Drakengard 3

Nah, I'm good. Too much backlog.

Maybe after I finish P2. Is it better than P2?

Your loss brah

You know what disgusts me? The lack of people in this thread that haven't played Nier! Everyone go play it!

Oh god, now that's a whole other fucking universe I can go into. Christ the Drakengard lore is one crazy fucked up mess and I love everything about it. The fact that Yoko Taro took inspiration from Evangelion for the first Drakengard game is so obvious, but (imo) executed so much better.

Skrams

Alright, I narrowed down what game i'm going to get when I get my Wii U in a week or two to either Bayonetta 2 or Wonderful 101. Which one should I get?

Wonderful 101. Don't let these casuals fool you with their not DMC character action.

Wonderful 101 is for real gamers who like cool things like Gurren Lagann and stuff.

Also play Nier guys. It's good.

Holy shit, Jingle All the Way 2 is in my apartment. I concrete jungled that to my cousin a month ago. That motherfucker must have hid it here when she was over earlier. It's fucking war, now.

360pages

Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song is also pretty good RPG with a fun battle system.

But I'm the type that plays obscure stuff. Even though the amount of Freedom that game gives you to do what you want and the world big enough that it actually makes you feel like you're exploring is great. (Plus there are like 25-30 playable characters)

Top Bottom