• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Ok, wow, I've done that shit before.

Yeah it could be worse. Like it's bad, but it could be worse.
If you missed my edit, you can get a good amount from just playing.
So I'm watching Rocky right. A movie I've refused to see for like 10 years out of spite. 10 minutes in and I'm like oh my god Ippo is such a fucking riiippp offff hooly SHIIIT
ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE CHARACTER IN A SPORTS MOVIE/SHOW TRAINS AND THEN GOES TO WIN A MATCH

So like, I love the Kill La Kill dub, it's so damn good.

Dub superiority continues.

Mako is amazing.

Also that last episode of One Piece was insane, CHEF DUDE got WRECKED. Enie's Lobby is really heating up now after all that bullshit filler crap they shoved in there while they literally stared at the bad guys for a dozen episodes, DBZ style.

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE CHARACTER IN A SPORTS MOVIE/SHOW TRAINS AND THEN GOES TO WIN A MATCH
Ill know its a rip off if rockys left eye swells up in every match after getting his shit punched in for 8 rounds and wins with a tiny scrape of the chin.

Ilvocare

The energy refills and you don't really need the gems. You can also get more cards with points you get through playing.

Like I said, I've done this song and dance before, no pun intended. I used to play something literally called Quiz RPG partly because what other game exists just to fling trivia at you and partly because back when I used to pay attention to them Extra Credits recommended it.

I'm familiar with the energy system of F2P. It's a shame.

Im actually referring to the fact that his fish gimmick is identical to Kimuras and that his girl thing is the same as Ippo and Kumi at the bakery.

Zenfalcia

So like, I love the Kill La Kill dub, it's so damn good.

Dub superiority continues.

Mako is amazing.

Also that last episode of One Piece was insane, CHEF DUDE got WRECKED. Enie's Lobby is really heating up now after all that bullshit filler crap they shoved in there while they literally stared at the bad guys for a dozen episodes, DBZ style.

Boo this man! Boo!!!

HE'S JUST LEARNING NEW ABILITIES TO DO THE ROCKY ROLL.
Rocky 4 should've ended with an America Roll
Ill know its a rip off if rockys left eye swells up in every match after getting his shit punched in for 8 rounds and wins with a tiny scrape of the chin.
Uh, well. Uh.
Im actually referring to the fact that his fish gimmick is identical to Kimuras and that his girl thing is the same as Ippo and Kumi at the bakery.
Ohhh ok. Yeah. Actually yeah wow. Huh.

Jman014

I can watch Bladerunner over and over again.

Incredible film and each version of it is almost wildly different from the last, I remember seeing the Final Cut after only seeing the Theatrical and holy shit... what a difference. I have the Blu Ray set that has like all 5 versions of Bladerunner on it, still need to watch the Workprint cut of the film, it's supposedly even better than The Final Cut.
I'm watching the anniversary version and I'm liking it so far. I recently got back into watching movies since I lost interest in watching them awhile ago. I think I'll watch Mad Max tomorrow since after this movie is done it'll be super late at night for me.
Just found out that I bombed the exam that I thought I did well on.

God fucking dammit.

I am going on a GAF break

Wow really? Sorry man. :\

Rocky 4 should've ended with an America Roll

Uh, well. Uh.

Ohhh ok. Yeah.
wait does that happen?
1405914031768.png

Holy shit?! Is Rocky boxing to
pay off peoples debts that can't pay their protection money after he shakes them down?!

Someone kept telling me to watch it over and over and I was like fuck off.

Oh man, you should have watched before Ippo. Because once you know how actual boxing works, you can't really unsee how bad the actors fight in those movies. People dropping their guard with every damn punch, wtf. Still love them tho.
On that note, there is an unusually high ratio of super good movies about boxing...

Skrams

My internet has been garbage for the past 10 hours. I feel my soul dying. I should of just played Parasite Eve rather than try and do anything else. I'll probably bed after this.

I don't think movies are bad, I just don't like the format and as a result very few of the things I hold near and dear are movies.

If it just comes down to the format and that doesn't groove with you then sure. I get it.

The only reason I list Movies on the bottom of my media pool is probably my attention span. Even Anime movies have trouble keeping me unless it's something I really like. Like Aaron I like the freedom of being able to stop after 30min, even if I marathon a series I know I'm committing to an hour long Episode at most.

That being said, I don't think movies are bad in anyway, though I prefer movies attached to a series or it being a movie series rather than a stand alone film. And I will still watch a movie if it interest me. I can't completely shut out a whole media's worth of content.

This also sounds like a reasonable thing to me. I think peoples attention spans are pretty fucking shitty these days, but I can't really change that. Movies aren't very important to me, but I'd never go as far as to shut them out completely. I don't go to the theater often and I'm selective about what I watch usually. I still watch movies because it's an entire medium and I couldn't really think of shutting it all out. Although I'm sort of a hypocrite since I never cared about music or books that much. I don't shut them out or hate them, but it's just me not caring very much.

It's not entirely rational but it's also not entirely irrational. I don't hate all movies, the ones I like I like quite a bit, but over all I personally prefer not watching movies compared to other forms of media.

Restating what I said to 360pages, but understandable. It's lower tier for me in media I care about. There's not a ton in my listings I can think of, but it's less cared about than regular series or games at least.

Isn't there an episode early on that's name directly references Rocky?

Late on this probably, but isn't Sendo's nickname Rocky of Okinawa or whatever city it is.

Oh man, you should have watched before Ippo. Because once you know how actual boxing works, you can't really unsee how bad the actors fight in those movies. People dropping their guard with every damn punch, wtf. Still love them tho.
On that note, there is an unusually high ratio of super good movies about boxing...

It's a brutal sport that's obviously adversarial. It lends iself incredibly well to a good story because you can have the outside of the ring narrative reflected inside it.

You want someone who was crazy old? Check out DeForest Kelly in some of his first roles, back in fucking black and white where he looks IDENTICAL. Robert Stack too.

Some people age rather gracefully, if early.

It's a shame DeForest Kelley was cremated. They could've had his bones interred like Robert Stack.
Unsolved Mysteries was great.

Ilvocare

Holy shit this is the flimsiest excuse for EXP fusing and Evolution fusing I've ever seen.

SACRIFICE ALL THE LITTLE GIRLS FOR THE ONE TRUE IDOL MOE MOE KYUN GODDESS

Yeah, I'm used to the high amount of stimulus video games provide that I find a lot of other things boring.
Personally books are the closest I feel other media gets to something interactive. You set the pace of comprehension, and that works with comics or mangos too.
Holy shit this is the flimsiest excuse for EXP fusing and Evolution fusing I've ever seen.

SACRIFICE ALL THE LITTLE GIRLS FOR THE ONE TRUE IDOL MOE MOE KYUN GODDESS
IT'S FINE THEYRE HELPING EACH OTHER TRAIN WHICH SOMEHOW CONSUMES THE LESSER IDOLS

I can't shake the image that all these girls get gathered together and the one who is to reap the rewards is like "MMMMM DELICIOUSMELL"

Also how do you possibly practice and consequently consume
yourself????
You could probably ask some flexible guys about that.
This joke doesn't make any sense

Top Bottom