• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

I've wondered if books/comics/mangos are interactive mediums.
It's flimsy, if sorta comparable. I think physically interacting with pages works (and having to process it mentally with reading is kinda justification). Personally it's part of why I dislike ebooks, is the lack of physical pages to turn.

That said you can't actually change anything, so there's a really solid argument to it not being interactive.

TL;DR: Yes, for Choose Your Own Adventure books.

Jman014

It's flimsy, if sorta comparable. I think physically interacting with pages works (and having to process it mentally with reading is kinda justification). Personally it's part of why I dislike ebooks, is the lack of physical pages to turn.

That said you can't actually change anything, so there's a really solid argument to it not being interactive.

TL;DR: Yes, for Choose Your Own Adventure books.

Your avatar's hair is nuts!

Your avatar's hair is nuts!
Ghost Trick is really good.

Imma pass out now I wanted to sleep two hours ago like goddamn I got a ton of shit to do tomorrow what am I doin making stupid arguments about books being interactive, they're mostly probably not, but maybe a little, holy shit I should sleep.

Jman014

Ghost Trick is really good.

Imma pass out now I wanted to sleep two hours ago like goddamn I got a ton of shit to do tomorrow what am I doin making stupid arguments about books being interactive, they're mostly probably not, but maybe a little, holy shit I should sleep.

Gnite!

joe2187

Banned
Im sad we never got to see a rocky movie with Rocky Vs. The Birthday robot

IIZ4MMN.gif

It's a brutal sport that's obviously adversarial. It lends iself incredibly well to a good story because you can have the outside of the ring narrative reflected inside it.

I don't know if just that explains it, but sure. It's definitely a formula that hits home for me personally rather easily for some reason.

But I got to say, if you've been holding off watching all boxing movies, and not just Rocky movies... there is some good shit waiting for you.

Power going out in the middle of a stream. Freaking power company needs to get their shit together. -__-

So what's going on, you guys talking about Rocky? Never seen any of those as a whole. Just bits and pieces over the years.

Jman014

Power going out in the middle of a stream. Freaking power company needs to get their shit together. -__-

So what's going on, you guys talking about Rocky? Never seen any of those as a whole. Just bits and pieces over the years.

Pat is watching Rocky for the first time and I'm watching Blade Runner for the first time. I like this movie.

Pat is watching Rocky for the first time and I'm watching Blade Runner for the first time. I like this movie.

There's so many old movies I haven't seen. In fact, know how I can turn the entire BestGAF community and Zaibatsu itself against me?

I've never seen Aliens.

Jman014

There's so many old movies I haven't seen. In fact, know how I can turn the entire BestGAF community and Zaibatsu itself against me?

I've never seen Aliens.

It's a pretty awesome movie. Also it's fine, I haven't watched that many classics so I'm trying to catch up.

Alfebit

Banned
I keep confusing you for missus bull because he had that exact cat in your avatar as HIS avatar like maybe a week ago? I have bad eyes, I know.

I'm probably going to change it soon. I noticed Beloved is also using an avatar of this art. Except it's a close up on her face. Just need time to start cropping art again.

Yup. It also contains Micky's soul and has to grapple with relearning human emotion while reconciling it with his innate drive to enslave humanity

I just realized, the Rocky series is the only thing that goes full circle. It starts out amazing, then it slowly becomes 'amazing',
then it's dogshit
, then it's back to amazing.

Zenfalcia

I keep confusing you for missus bull because he had that exact cat in your avatar as HIS avatar like maybe a week ago? I have bad eyes, I know.

Week? it was only around 2 days ago that he had the cat avatar.
I'm probably going to change it soon. I noticed Beloved is also using an avatar of this art. Except it's a close up on her face. Just need time to start cropping art again.

It's a close up and also filtered with a blue tint.

Top Bottom