• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

I can handle it just fine.
hajime-no-ippo-super-suplex-o.gif

... Was that a grapple just now, Mr Fraudzam?

Xiraiya

THEN FEEL LIKE WATCHING GINTAMA, IF YOU WATCH GINTAMA I WILL FORSAKE YUKIKO AS MY WAIFU AND TAKE RISE AS BEST GIRL!!!

Shame on you, a true man is loyal to his "waifu" until the very end, your love for Yukiko is nothing short of false if you can willingly forsake her over something like that.

Shame on you, a true man is loyal to his "waifu" until the very end, your love for Yukiko is nothing short of false if you can willingly forsake her over something like that.
I love Gintama 10X more then I love Yukiko. Again yukiko is only best girl in P4
Shes not even best persona girl thats mitsuru.

joe2187

Banned
I was gonna go to be bed but they're showing "The Warriors" on TV

and I cant not watch that.

CAAAAAAAN YOOOOUUUUU DIIIIIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIIIIIIT!?

giphy.gif

Even if that were the case, it took nearly a decade for it to kick in, which means Gintama is far away.
giphy.gif

In that case watch Welcome to the NHK. Its like 25 episodes and its all about a Hikkikamori dealing with pressures of the real world and his own anxieties. Its fucking way to real.
I've seen people compare Gintama recently to a Japanese Simpsons and I'd say that's pretty accurate most of the time.
Huh maybe shilling Gintama to Matt might be easier if we tell him that.

How else you gonna handle girth.
Never seen any grappler do a suplex

Also, I'm heading off to bed. Night frienders.

They call him.... Alex...

Also, 'G'night, looser'

Also also, I am not a fraud for knowing this. Because, A; I am the ultimate fighting game master and know everything about them! And 2, as a rushdown player, I live my life in constant terror of grapplers, and thus have studied them intesly in order to keep my bum safe!

Huh maybe shilling Gintama to Matt might be easier if we tell him that.

Doubtful.

I didn't say it was as good at the Simpsons. Just that it was a good comparison. However, when Gintama tells real stories outside of their one-of Simpsons-esque episodes I think it blows everything else out of the water.

Oh wow. I thought the Tiger shit with Sendo was an Osaka thing. I didn't realize Rocky is literally walking around with a fucking tiger on his back.

Rocky has a tiger Stand? I need to see this.

Randy42

Sports manga and the like get the most absurd animation quality. How is this fair?

Because Kuroko isn't just a sports manga, its an outright battle shounen using basketball as a vehicle for it. And also it's Production IG which is one of the top 3 studios in work right now. Also its really good.

Randy42

That's my point though. Mega popular series like One Piece don't get this treatment outside of movies. Why do sports manga always seem to?

One Piece anime exists to sell the manga. The anime barely sells (tho it does well in TV ratings). They don't need to give it a high budget. Plus there's nothing to budget up when they refuse to take a break for a couple years so the show is 80% fluff these days (tho we still watch it for the 20% that isn't) .

That's my point though. Mega popular series like One Piece don't get this treatment outside of movies. Why do sports manga always seem to?

One Piece probably costs way more than this, but it airs nonstop, as where Kuroko has had 55 episodes over like, 3 years, so they can actually animate things regularly.

Also, like I said, people really like sports anime, so the ratings are consistently high, making having a higher budget for one much more common. On top of that, Kuroko is very popular and sells merch like crazy over in Japan, so they can extra afford to animate stuff.

Nordicus

Sports manga and the like get the most absurd animation quality. How is this fair?
I would guess it's partially because it's easier due to copy-pasteable backgrounds and because the character designs are very similar thanks to sports equipment making up a lot of it.

Randy42

The manga is the best selling series in Japan, far exceeding even Dragonball. The anime doesn't do anything for those sales.

It keeps the popularity high by introducing it to a younger generation that may not have the money to buy Jump every week (so they can ask their parents for the money)

One Piece probably costs way more than this, but it airs nonstop, as where Kuroko has had 55 episodes over like, 3 years, so they can actually animate things regularly.

Also, like I said, people really like sports anime, so the ratings are consistently high, making having a higher budget for one much more common. On top of that, Kuroko is very popular and sells merch like crazy over in Japan, so they can extra afford to animate stuff.

Breaks can definitely help and it's clear that series that don't stop such as One Piece or Naruto can't really benefit from taking breaks like something such as JoJo can, but you would think with them being as popular as they are they would have a bit more of a budget behind them compared to most.

I mean hell, look at some of the loli bait series out there that also get the absurd animation treatment.

Breaks can definitely help and it's clear that series that don't stop such as One Piece or Naruto can't really benefit from taking breaks like something such as JoJo can, but you would think with them being as popular as they are they would have a bit more of a budget behind them compared to most.

I mean hell, look at some of the loli bait series out there that also get the absurd animation treatment.

One Piece anime is going to sell the same amount regardless of the quality. Something like Kuroko or random loli series need things to give them value to people who don't already know what they are. The entire anime industry runs off blu-ray sales and no matter what One Piece does it will always sell the same amount, because fuckers love that shit and will buy it regardless.

I swear to god DBZ looks better than One Piece.... so they're actually getting worse as time goes on!

I think the super high parts of One Piece, like the arc ender moves, look better than anything in DBZ, but it's ridiculous when there's more animation in Goku and Piccolo driving cars than there was in serious fights in OP.

I'd like Madhouse more if they were a little more consistent. You can tell when they care and then everything else is just DBZ four frame fight loops.

Yeah both are high tier, but I'm never watching another madhouse adaptation of a western series ever again they've all been complete dumps.

I can forgive them when they give me fucking god tier moments like this.

Huge Hunter x Hunter spoilers in that though for anyone ever interested in watching that series.

I swear to god DBZ looks better than One Piece.... so they're actually getting worse as time goes on!

The worst thing about the One Piece anime is the pacing. Pat, if you're still here and you ever plan to get back into catching up with One Piece I want you to know that the pacing in the anime eventually gets real bad. It's a true shame.

Randy42

Man its not even fair to mention HxH in an argument about anything tho, its the greatest adaptation of a shounen series ever.

Also yeah totally do not click that above link if you havent watched HxH its like the climax of an arc that's half the series in length

Top Bottom