• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Kind of. Its a video about Alien Isolation and I'm using CM to make a point. I might just stick in a "Imagine Aliens: Colonial Marines footage here because I sure as hell ain't playing it" or something to cut a corner.
Show the game box and zoom slowly then cut to a picture of Randy Pitchford with a FUCK YOU on it

Fuck, I need Colonial Marines footage for a video but I really really don't want to have to buy/play/deal with it in any form.

Ask somebody on youtube if you can use their footage if you credit them.
Ask Max if you can use some of his if you credit him. They did a whole playthrough on YoVideogames.
Shhh no homework. Only super star.

But Persona though, and hiragana practice

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Oh yeah, it's not even remotely as good as either of those two, but it's still quite charming and fun despite its flaws.
I don't know if its because of when I was born, but old isometric games really require a lot of patience for me to play. I never did finish fallout 2.

Gamer Y

Kind of. Its a video about Alien Isolation and I'm using CM to make a point. I might just stick in a "Imagine Aliens: Colonial Marines footage here because I sure as hell ain't playing it" or something to cut a corner.
Seems like lowballing the video, never heard of sacrificing for the sake of art before? Do you have the game anyway?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
All these CrunchyRoll passes puts me in the mood for some sushi.
I've never had genuinely good sushi or ramen. I've had things that look a lot like sushi or ramen, but aren't really the genuine article. Granted they were still really good, but I'd be nice to have the real thing someday.

Jman014

image.php

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've never had genuinely good sushi or ramen. I've had things that look a lot like sushi or ramen, but aren't really the genuine article. Granted they were still really good, but I'd be nice to have the real thing someday.

What kind of area do you live in?

I find that a lot of people need to try really good sushi before they can tolerate mediocre or less extravagant sushi.

Tako

I made sushi before and then head chef said I needed at least a years worth of practice to get the technique down.

Beloved

Is it worth it to pay for Crunchyroll if your internet can't handle 720P and 1080 streaming?

Yep, mine cant handle it so I have to use SD or 480p. The quality is still better that what you can usually find from your local anime store, and the subtitles are never shoddy.

Not to mention you don't have to wait, new eps are immediately added when they come out and it only takes them like..30 minutes to get proper subs added.

Xiraiya

Probably not. It does come with access to all the manga too tho.

480p looks fantastic though if you're not in the habit of running stuff in fullscreen, so I think it is worth it.
CR's player is really good, it has a few glitches but more dubious players are way more infuriating and look like shit.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
What kind of area do you live in?

I find that a lot of people need to try really good sushi before they can tolerate mediocre or less extravagant sushi.
Minneapolis. There's really expensive places downtown, but I don't have money, a car, or the balls to go there. It's also in a really dangerous area.

Skrams

Not having played either, in what way is Paper Mario a successor to Super Mario RPG?

It was originally Super Mario RPG2 before they had to change the name because Square or something. They're both RPG with timed action commands for bigger damage on attacks, quirky humor, and other things I can't think of.

The majority of the Mario and Luigi games came out within the last 10 years. And they're just as charming as the Paper Mario games.

Which is why I said Paper Mario. I love the M&L series, but only played the first two. Bowsers Inside Story seems to still be great, but I've heard mixed things about Dream Team. It'd just be nice to see Paper Mario get a good proper game again in it's series at least.

Quote to reveal, there's three of em

Thanks, used 6HY7RAJ9DM5. Time to watch Parasyte and all the other garbage I forget.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Ah, I really like fallout 2. More than the 3D fallout games. But I can understand if it doesn't do it for you and that's fine.
I tried playing Neverwinter Nights. Let's just say I didn't get 20 minutes into it.

I also don't know fucking anything about Dungeons and Dragons, so that mighta been it.

Probably not. It does come with access to all the manga too tho.

Yep, mine cant handle it so I have to use SD or 480p. The quality is still better that what you can usually find from your local anime store, and the subtitles are never shoddy.

Not to mention you don't have to wait, new eps are immediately added when they come out and it only takes them like..30 minutes to get proper subs added.

480p looks fantastic though if you're not in the habit of running stuff in fullscreen, so I think it is worth it.
CR's player is really good, it has a few glitches but more dubious players are way more infuriating and look like shit.
I might try it out for a month and see how it goes. 480P goes look decent as long as it's not in fullscreen.

Thanks for the opinions.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Minneapolis. There's really expensive places downtown, but I don't have money, a car, or the balls to go there. It's also in a really dangerous area.

Beg for money and order some delivery. I'm sure you can find a decent place using yelp or a zagat guide.

Oberon

Banned
I can't seem to finish FF6. Game is not for me.

I can't seem to play any games anymore. Expect smash. Everytime I want to play a new game of finish an old one, I just go back to playing smash for glory...
And I wish there was a way to watch ippo and play Valkyria chronicles at the same time

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Beg for money and order some delivery. I'm sure you can find a decent place using yelp or a zagat guide.
I have PS4's to buy. Maybe one day...

I can't seem to play any games anymore. Expect smash. Everytime I want to play a new game of finish an old one, I just go back to playing smash for glory...
And I wish there was a way to watch ippo and play Valkyria chronicles at the same time
If there was I wouldn't be here.

Xiraiya

I tried playing Neverwinter Nights. Let's just say I didn't get 20 minutes into it.
I also don't know fucking anything about Dungeons and Dragons, so that mighta been it.

Those RPGs really vary, people fucking love Diablo 2 yet something about the way it looks and plays annoyed me, so I always preferred Arcanum as my main isometric RPG by far.
Regardless, they all have a lot of random bits of depth and detail that can take a bit to understand, for me that just makes me appreciate a game more, the deeper it is the better and more enjoyable I'll probably find it.
But if your attention span or patience isn't great then those games will probably never be your kind of thing.

I'll probably end up using the slightly larger one, or the pop out one. I personally find the default window to be really small.
I have 1080p monitor and the default player takes up like 2/3 of the screen so I always thought it was a decent size.

Those RPGs really vary, people fucking love Diablo 2 yet something about the way it looks and plays annoyed me, so I always preferred Arcanum as my main isometric RPG by far.
Regardless, they all have a lot of random bits of depth and detail that can take a bit to understand, for me that just makes me appreciate a game more, the deeper it is the better and more enjoyable I'll probably find it.
But if your attention span or patience isn't great then those games will probably never be your kind of thing.

I have 1080p monitor and the default player takes up like 2/3 of the screen so I always thought it was a decent size.

Wait are you speaking of the default size for subscribers or for non subscribers?

The one for subscribers is great.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
How so? Do note that I'm not particularly fond of isometric games. I just don't have anything against them as long as they're good. I often either just play them for their writing or because they're just a blast to play (like playing Divinity with Croten).

Neither did I at first and it can be a bit overwhelming at first, but you'll probably need to spend a little bit of time learning the system, but once you actually get into it, it's not too hard to handle. Also, I never played Neverwinter Nights. Not planning on doing so either.
Me neither.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I have tons of patience and my attention span is something I take pride in. I played Dark Souls and DS2.

But It's just when it comes to isometric games. Especially turn based ones.

Top Bottom