• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

That's not possible, he had never heard of Persona. Yes. The editor and chief of a videogame coverage website had never heard of either Shin Megami Tensei or Persona.

Let that shit sink in for a second.
Well, they do have relatively small fanbases in the west. Rabid and obsessive, but somewhat small nonetheless.

Jman014

This is the best I can find for RL Blade Wolf
ImIsZG0.gif

This is what my google search turned up:

aBLo5M.gif

This is adorable

360pages

I actually liked Luke with long hair, mostly because he was in stark contrast to most of the other main characters. But honestly most of the cast in Abyss was asses, which is shocking to see 4/6 of them on the list.

What did he say about it?

I'm honestly not surprised. Though, if you're running a game enthusiast site ehhhh
He said he understands why people are so passionatr about it and likened it to being the next Final Fantasy where the style, music, and characters are something people love and get attached to. I think he said he thought the trailer was cool but didn't have 169 hours a week to commit to playing the games.

Basically he gets it, and respects it but he doesn't really care. He was very diplomatic about it, the host was obviously a persona fan but the other guys on the show didn't care either so they moved on fairly quickly

He said he understands why people are so passionatr about it and likened it to being the next Final Fantasy where the style, music, and characters are something people love and get attached to. I think he said he thought the trailer was cool but didn't have 169 hours a week to commit to playing the games.

Basically he gets it, and respects it but he doesn't really care. He was very diplomatic about it, the host was obviously a persona fan but the other guys on the show didn't care either so they moved on fairly quickly
I bet he's pretty sick of Pat and Woolie going on and on about it. Sucks hearing that Matt always talks about how busy he is, but I guess the job
and his fiancee
are priorities.

ultimax

Why the fuck is that piece of shit Luke second place? No Abyss character belongs on the top of any popularity poll ever as every one of them are poorly written, aggrevating garbage characters (aside from the generic Guy)
Why is Emil higher than Kratos and Lloyd? Fuck Emil and fuck ToS2, the game that doesn't exist.
Why is Raven so high? He's mostly just your generic pervert.
Why do people care about the nonexistent character that is Flynn? Is it because he's the stoic white knight rival to the most popular character?

Fuck this poll.

You now know how i felt when that Persona poll came out

360pages

To be Fair Leon and Yuri would have been top two if left on the list. That being said, I don't like Luke being so high up thinking about it.

360pages

Also estelle is on the list at all. I'm just glad they disallowed yuri. I really don't like him. Damn hypocrite.

I legit like Yuri though, mostly because he's not an idiot, and while he is massive Hypocrite, I don't think that's a bad thing. Considering he is mostly right about a lot of things.

Recent Tales of Poll.

Please note, due to Leon and Yuri winning so much that they were banned from the ranking/Torunement.
I've only played Hearts R so I can't comment of the list but I'm surprised to see characters from Xillia 1 and 2 taking the 1 and 3 slots. Didn't those games get a good amount of hate? Is this another thing were the most recent people are the most popular like how Lightning wins FF character polls?

I legit like Yuri though, mostly because he's not an idiot, and while he is massive Hypocrite, I don't think that's a bad thing. Considering he is mostly right about a lot of things.
He is a pretty good character overall, it's just that one scene with the giant chicken that bugs me. Maybe I'm being unfair.

360pages

I've only played Hearts R so I can't comment of the list but I'm surprised to see characters from Xillia 1 and 2 taking the 1 and 3 slots. Didn't those games get a good amount of hate? Is this another thing were the most recent people are the most popular like how Lightning wins FF character polls?

Xilla 1 got a lot of hate because it was a half finished game with a meh combat system compared to how Vespira perfected the TP system and Graces F perfected the CC system.

Spoilers:
- At first I assumed that the reporter was just a sidekick I'd have for the intro mission, but once Kay showed up, I knew she had a bigger role, to the point that she might be part of the assassination plot, though not necessarily the actual assassin.
- Once I went inside, I knew that something was up with the president and his guard and when they tried to link the murder to their local police, thought that the entire assassination thing might be some kind of ruse
- This thought process was established even further after I checked out both the bullet proof vest and saw where Rooke was hit. The bullet having gone through Rooke and hit the bullet proof vest would be impossible due to three reasons: Rooke was shot somewhere underneath his left shoulder while standing to the RIGHT of the president, whereas the bullet on the vest is on the bottom left side. It's nonsensical. It had to be some kind of set-up.
- A second later I realized it was impossible that Rooke was shot outside, considering the placement of the shot, the lack of blood on the stage and the tons of blood inside the plane. My suspicion went to Knightley, though I didn't suspect the president.
- Then I looked at the camera feeds and Edgeworth talked about a camera being moved and there being pieces of glass lying around. I then deduced that Rooke must have been shot inside and the bullet hit the camera, hence it was moved.
- They started talking about whether the gun planted outside would be the bullet that killed Rooke and while everyone was like "no of course not", I thought yes. The gun is missing two bullets however and I'm assuming the second one is in Mr. De Killer's arm. Haven't confirmed this yet.

Everything from the initial time you look through the plane was enough. The game has then taken like half an hour to discuss these theories in small steps. Not done yet, so maybe my thought process was wrong.

What I don't understand is the game's logic.
- How is the reporter still a suspect? Everyone, including Knightley seems to accept that the gun was fired in the plane, which she never ever entered.
If your that far then you've pretty much figured it out, I don't remember much about the reporter's situation so I can't answer that, maybe they still suspect her as 'the one in the red coat' or a accomplice? I don't remember.

Recent Tales of Poll.

Please note, due to Leon and Yuri winning so much that they were banned from the ranking/Torunement.

I don't really care about polls but I find this pretty funny

360pages

If your that far then you've pretty much figured it out, I don't remember much about the reporter's situation so I can't answer that, maybe they still suspect her as 'the one in the red coat' or a accomplice? I don't remember.

I don't really care about polls but I find this pretty funny

To be fair, they are pretty much the Meta Knights of Popularity.

Also, what's wrong with Yuri's design? Though it would have been better with a ponytail rather than just long.

Top Bottom