• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Hajime_no_Ippo_Takamura_Gif_by_PrOTuL.gif
I can see why youre angry Romars.

360pages

Oh, so he gets stabbed and plays it off like it's not a big deal while everyone loves him? How incredibly not like Kirito that is.
Except that that is exactly like Kirito in everyway.
They even have similar designs!

Look at this shitty Digimon.

I am one of the least negative people about anime, anime designs, anime tropes and JRPGs, but Tales of Vesperia is one of the most infuriating things in the world to me. I cannot stand that game or any of the characters.

I don't think Rita legit cares about Yuri too much, nor does Judith or Raven. (Outside of being his friends) The characters that really look up to him are Karol/Estelle. I honestly don't think Rita really even has that big of a conversation with Yuri.

Though I also don't think Flynn would have made a good main character.

I don't think Rita legit cares about Yuri too much, nor does Judith or Raven. (Outside of being his friends) The characters that really look up to him are Karol/Estelle. I honestly don't think Rita really even has that big of a conversation with Yuri.

Though I also don't think Flynn would have made a good main character.

Everyone being friends with the MC is the same as Kirito.

And no, he wouldn't have made a good one. A better one in my opinion, yes. But none of the characters were remotely interesting enough to carry that shitty game to its shitty end.

360pages

Everyone being friends with the MC is the same as Kirito.

And no, he wouldn't have made a good one. A better one in my opinion, yes. But none of the characters were remotely interesting enough to carry that shitty game to its shitty end.

To be fair, one of the big things about the Tales of Series is that usually everyone is friends with everyone. (Outside of Abyss where you wonder how these people even stand being around one another after awhile)

Everyone was Lloyd's friend, it's something that always happen in tales of game. Hell, everyone ended up being Luke's friend at the end as well.

To be fair, one of the big things about the Tales of Series is that usually everyone is friends with everyone. (Outside of Abyss where you wonder how these people even stand being around one another after awhile)

Everyone was Lloyd's friend, it's something that always happen in tales of game. Hell, everyone ended up being Luke's friend at the end as well.

But the story of each game usually revolves around the MC being kind of a fuck up and having to earn the friendship of everyone. Though they have gotten worse about that as time has gone on, the earlier games had a lot more development put into the friendship of the party. Vesperia onwards it has been shitty excuse after shitty excuse to justify why these people are going on this journey together. Yuri was just great guy Yuri the whole time and nothing changed. He started as a great guy who people liked and ended as a great guy who people liked.

Luke fucked up big time and had to face the problems he created. Lloyd made a lot of shit decisions too and they all grew through it together. Yuri just kinda did everything right and it all worked out!

360pages

But the story of each game usually revolves around the MC being kind of a fuck up and having to earn the friendship of everyone. Though they have gotten worse about that as time has gone on, the earlier games had a lot more development put into the friendship of the party. Vesperia onwards it has been shitty excuse after shitty excuse to justify why these people are going on this journey together. Yuri was just great guy Yuri the whole time and nothing changed. He started as a great guy who people liked and ended as a great guy who people liked.

Luke fucked up big time and had to face the problems he created. Lloyd made a lot of shit decisions too and they all grew through it together. Yuri just kinda did everything right and it all worked out!

To be fair, a lot of Lloyd decision was though more of force rather than being a shit like Luke. (Though everyone fucks up big time in Abyss...just Luke is really the only one called out on it...that cast was just so...unpleasant.)

I don't mind having a main character once that seemed like he already went though his development. Yuri is one of the older main characters in the Tales of series being 21/22. So it was only natural that he seemed a bit more mature. And no Jade super fake baby mature either.

I don't mind having a main character once that seemed like he already went though his development. Yuri is one of the older main characters in the Tales of series being 21/22. So it was only natural that he seemed a bit more mature. And no Jade super fake baby mature either.

I don't mind the idea, but when the reality of having that results in there just being nothing, I kinda get super annoyed and bored by that. I'll take a shitty character I hate getting over his problems and fucking everything up along the way over nothing.

360pages

I don't mind the idea, but when the reality of having that results in there just being nothing, I kinda get super annoyed and bored by that. I'll take a shitty character I hate getting over his problems and fucking everything up along the way over nothing.

I do agree the execution could have been much better. Though I do like the idea of them going with a different lead for once.

C'mon now, who needs stupid stuff like character development in an rpg.

360pages

I do think character development is important, but not every story needs to have a deep character study. As long as the ride is fun, I can probably get past with the bare minimum of development as long as the character themselves are fun to watch.

Character development is great and more games need flawed characters, despite how hated they may be by the community. However, I'm of the opinion that said development for Luke is done terribly, to the point where I'm not sure whether having a simple, static character would be any worse.

The entire Abyss cast is a fucking mess.
Yeah, characters starting out as worthless shit stacks is fine. But only if they change over the course of the game. And yeah, I don't think I liked a single person in abyss. Not even guy cause he's just too generic. Jade's a sanctimonious asshole, that loli girl doesn't any personality than greed, and while tear doesn't do anything wrong per se, she don't do anything right either. It seems the further i get from that game, the more i hate it.

Home sweet home.

Now, I'm gonna watch the Best Friends videos I've missed and play Kingdom Hearts for the rest of the evening until I fucking pass out. This is my goddamn reward for all of the past week.

Yeah, but it's usually about the culprits somehow finding ways to deny that they did it. Find excuses or loop holes as to why they're not the killer; this isn't the case with this one.

There are possibilities, but not within the game's and Edgeworth's own logic. There are a few things that still bother me and are part of a theory of mine, but I'll get to that later.
A few things have been established by practically everyone, including the "culprit" himself (I'm not concluding anything before the game is finished):
- Rooke was, according to the investigation's logic, shot inside the plane. The bullet with his blood on it was found in a camera that is placed inside the plane.
- There is no blood on the stage, there is only a pool of blood inside the plane, hence he must have been shot inside.
- The journalist woman was established to be on the left side of the stage when the firing happened (the laser, the tape), yet Rooke was fired in a position that would only be possible from the right side of the audience section.
- The Journalist could not have gone in through the plane's door. What, did Knightley open the door and let her in so that she could shoot him and then leave again? How does that even make sense? She couldn't sneak either as the entire place was shut off. So according to the cast's logic, it would be impossible for her to be the killer, yet they're discussing about her being the killer anyway.-

However, there are a few things I'm thinking about.
What is the significance of the trap door? It was mentioned multiple times, but it never went anywhere. Could it be possible that it might have something to do with the truth behind the case? Could it have been opened and could someone have entered/escaped through it or put something there?
Who would have hired De Killer to perform the actual assassination anyway?
I'm not entirely sure about what happened inside that plane. A lot of things are just presented and left out in the open.

I'm just letting my mind drift though. These are just baseless speculation.
Wait, do the characters in the game figure out what you just said above. Because I had times where I figured stuff out first before the game did then slowly reveal what you knew along. Maybe
you figured out that the murder took place in the plane but the characters in game still think the murder took place outside. You maybe a lot further now then when you posted this so I may be completely wrong.

Top Bottom