• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Fuck it. RealGAF

I honestly hate myself. I hate that no matter how hard I work I feel like I am destined to fuck up. I hate that I am both so prideful and so ashamed of myself to ask for help from my friends and family. I have had issues with depression since I was 16 years old and I go through phases of it. What does put me in one of these phases is when I do fuck up. I have told others including my mother but I don't feel like they understand it.

I am not sure I will be able to pass one of my classes which is an important prereq. If I fail or drop the class that will set me back a term.

I come from a family of very intelligent people and I hate that I feel like the idiot of the group, the fuck up. I feel ashamed of the fact that I am not doing as well as I can. I hate that I can't look a lot of them in the eye when discussing school or plans for my future.

I am not looking for advice (although I won't say no to it), I just wish I could process my emotions and vocalize this to the people around me

I don't care how cheesy or dumb this is, but I'm gonna pass on a certain quote that actually helped me get through my darkest years of college.

Sometimes you just gotta ask yourself, 'what am I willing to put up with today' NOT FUCKING THIS.

It seems odd that probably the most hilarious line from Gamegrumps is one of the things I've carried with me through serious times, but its a god damn powerful one and something that none of us ask ourselves enough in our life.

Sometimes we go through rough spots in college and even life, it totally happens. That's why you need to kick back and relax when you're feeling at your lowest and get a good nights sleep and when you wake up tomorrow, ask yourself how you're feeling. If you feel like the shit you're going through is not worth it in the long run, then grab a big ass cup of coffee, sit your ass down in front of a computer and start looking for fucking anything that might interest you. A job, internship, different courses, etc. because you never know what you might find and its not fucking worth it to be depressed, or even in my case, suicidal over some fucking college courses that probably won't even matter 10 years.

If you really are interested in what you're doing, then its time to get help. Go to your professor and just tell him what you have to do to pass this course and what will help. Tutoring, spending extra hours doing extra homework, coming to every office hour. Email your professor about every single thing you're unclear about. Just fucking do something.

You might be right that you can't do stuff by yourself, that totally happens in life. Your friends and family can help you all you want, but nothing is gonna change unless you decide to help yourself. And just doing something different will help you.

Don't let something as small as some dumb letter grade on some dumb class for some dumb college make you feel as shit as you are now.

SkLa I can't add anything but sappy as it sounds that actually made me feel better. Thanks. Hope anyone who feels the same takes it to heart.
Really? I've only been told about doing calculus (the other class after calculus) and discrete mathematics for the major.
Nah, I gotta take probs and stats along with those
MAT 128 - Calculus A
MAT 227 - Calculus B
MAT 228 - Calculus C
STA 250 - Probability and Statistics
MAT 385 - Discrete Mathematics

Shackzam

I guess I need to get gewd... which is easier said then done.

I also need to remember that no matter what, people will always be there.

And my stats class is like 200 people in a lecture hall so I don't get the face time with the professor that I would like.

And Shack stats is required for a ton of majors.

Sorry about generalizing. Just didn't want to worry about doing more math after I'm done with community college so I can focus on CS

Xiraiya

Fuck it. RealGAF

I honestly hate myself. I hate that no matter how hard I work I feel like I am destined to fuck up. I hate that I am both so prideful and so ashamed of myself to ask for help from my friends and family. I have had issues with depression since I was 16 years old and I go through phases of it. What does put me in one of these phases is when I do fuck up. I have told others including my mother but I don't feel like they understand it.

I am not sure I will be able to pass one of my classes which is an important prereq. If I fail or drop the class that will set me back a term.

I come from a family of very intelligent people and I hate that I feel like the idiot of the group, the fuck up. I feel ashamed of the fact that I am not doing as well as I can. I hate that I can't look a lot of them in the eye when discussing school or plans for my future.

I am not looking for advice (although I won't say no to it), I just wish I could process my emotions and vocalize this to the people around me

I'm sorry to hear that, unfortunately I don't really think I have anything useful to tell you other than shit happens, just because you have a run of things not going the way you want it doesn't mean you're a fuck up, it means you're a regular human being who makes mistakes and simply hasn't found the right mindset yet.

It sounds like you're not doing something you care about very much, if I had bothered to take courses in things after highschool then I'd have probably ended up failing them and so on too because I wouldn't really care. I mean I know that I'm not stupid, it's just not my passion, I can't do anything about that fact, I'm not going to kill myself over something I frankly don't care about just because it's the "normal" thing to do, not to be all rebel and all that, but your life isn't over if you don't follow a schedule exactly, it especially isn't long enough to be wasting time on things that make you unhappy.

It's a no wonder you're not happy. With that kind of family pressure put on you, whether they've done it to you or you've put that pressure on yourself I don't really know.
I think maybe you just need to take a step back and re-evaluate what you want to do in life, what you really care about, not what you think you should be doing, or what other people think you should be doing.

You're saying all these things about yourself that you feel like this or that, yet no mention of anyone forcing you to feel that way or do anything.

And with that, bed time.

And my stats class is like 200 people in a lecture hall so I don't get the face time with the professor that I would like.

I'm not even talking about tutoring or anything, even in huge classes of a student expresses sincere interest in not wanting to fail a class they usually have some kind of extra credit work you can do. Sometimes just the act of showing you care enough to ask will get you a passing grade.

Calm down. Thats the booze and lack of crack talking.
Fuck sake where is my crack. It should be dispatched already...

Sorry for not helping out realGAF. I don't think I'm in a state myself to help :(

KKMrnsy.jpg

Mathaou

legacy of cane
To all of you with problems, don't lose heart. Trust in those around you, everything will be alright.
Sorry to leave in the middle of realGAF, but I need to go to bed. NightGAF.

I've been say here eating crackers while feeling really down. I think I ended up in a bad part of drunk and I think everyone hates me. I don't feel real enough for real gaf. I'm just a very in general paranoid person and think people dislike me very easy. So much so I just avoid people. I've made good friends at uni but now I don't even think they like me. Being slightly drunk sucks.

Also fucking worst of all, MH4U hasn't been dispatched yet.

Hey man, you're a cool guy here. Don't be cry! Drinking to get over sadness is a bad idea, so right now is one of the few times I will ever recommend sobering up. Drink to make happy occasions more fun. Don't associate alcohol with sadness, that leads to alcoholism. If you think they hate you, then fuck em. Go make new friends and be happy!

semisonic

Banned
When I was homeless, nearly broke my leg and had absolutely no prospects, I listened to Homemade Kazoku's Nagareboshi while on a walk. That shit got me through it.

Holy shit dude, you were homeless?
What haven't you been through at this point?

Now it's going to be hard yelling at you next time you start moeGAF. I don't even deserve to anymore...

Holy shit dude, you were homeless?
What haven't you been through at this point?

Now it's going to be hard yelling at you next time you start moeGAF. I don't even deserve to anymore...

I've been homeless twice before. I forgot I told those stories threads ago and that people probably don't know about it anymore.

It's part of why I always try to be positive, talk about things I like and help people whenever I can. I've had enough bad shit in my life and don't want to dwell on that shit anymore.

You don't know real until you talk your mom out of suicide.
^RealestGAF

semisonic

Banned
I've been homeless twice before. I forgot I told those stories threads ago and that people probably don't know about it anymore.

It's part of why I always try to be positive, talk about things I like and help people whenever I can. I've had enough bad shit in my life and don't want to dwell on that shit anymore.

You don't know real until you talk your mom out of suicide.
^RealestGAF

Holy shit, now everything makes more sense. Jeez. I don't even have the words.
Or have your Dad try it while you sleep in the next room
You too? Oh man.
We are now officially woobiegaf.
I'm just going to go off and reflect on my life. And write that philosophy paper I've been putting off all night.
You guys uhh... You have a good night.

Holy shit, now everything makes more sense. Jeez. I don't even have the words.

You too? Oh man.
We are now officially woobiegaf.
I'm just going to go off and reflect on my life. And write that philosophy paper I've been putting off all night.
You guys uhh... You have a good night.

This is why I don't usually contribute to realGAF. I got shit on that level of bad for days. Don't want to bring the thread all the way down like I just did.

My dad cheated on my mom so she raised my three siblings and I on her own.

I'm getting off this ride, but that's cool of your mom

Sorry I didn't respond. I had to take an online quiz. I give my condolences and being the weakest link in your family sucks, but dedication is a good thing to have and I wish the best of luck.
I'm probably not helping. Sorry if I made you upset.

What anime character are you?

semisonic

Banned
My dad cheated on my mom so she raised my three siblings and I on her own.

Alright now you're just having a sad life contest.
One that me and my deformity lose handily. Fuck.
And don't worry about bringing the thread down. That shit happened, it's not like you're never allowed to talk about it. Although now I feel bad for all those times I yelled at you for shit.

Still won't stop me doing it again in the future tho.

Rizzi

I just sliced my knuckle open on a can of dog food.
Today is going great.
This really fucking hurts, why did I pour alcohol on it jesus fuck.

semisonic

Banned
See now this whole anime quiz discussion made me take an actual 42 question which anime character are you quiz.
I'm hinata.
Fucking amazing.

Damnit bestgaf this is all your fault

Top Bottom