• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Good thing 2015, especially the next few months, is going to be absurd.

Exactly. People will be too busy playing all the hype games to make dumb posts. At least till the end of the year where the cycle begins again.

I mean hell, I almost made a thread about Persona 4. But now, all I want is my n3DS XL and Monster Hunter and Majora so bad.

And by the time I get bored/done with those, its Bloodborne time.

Shackzam

Huh, got an email from UPS right now saying MH4U will be here tomorrow. Wasn't expecting that.

Got my capture card working for the most part as well so whenever you guys are up for some Ultimax starting tomorrow let me know. Only issue I'm having is I can't hear game sound because the way it records delays the video and sound by like a second and I'm not sure how to fix that just yet.
Gonna be out for most of tomorrow, but I'm glad you can start streaming stuff now.

Holy fuck I just beat Dragon Maleficent in one try. That boss was such a pain in the ass for me back in the day I thought I would be struggling with it again. Tinkerbell summon plus Aerora helps a lot.

Skrams

I have a Donkey Kong, Peach, and Yoshi amiibo in my best buy cart because I can get them for $8 each. I also have MH4 and a new 3DS in my cart. I should pull the trigger. I also don't have a 3DS and haven't upgraded anything since the first DS. I really should. I guess I'd also need a 3DS charger maybe? I just really want to try this new form of portable, reusable crack. It sounds really nice.

Which is why I'm in ultra pessimism mode right now. I can't get my hopes up because I'd flip every piece of furniture in my apartment

To be honest the Cat Loves Food thing makes me kind of think that's fake, but that's so many recorded lines from the man himself to be fake. Hell, the game is even out right now (kind of) so this would be debunked quite quick if it were.

I decided staying up all night was a sensible idea. Time to go to class sleep deprived and hungover!

OJ5PUDl.gif

Oberon

Banned
Playing a game you never heard before sure is a strange experience ( speaking of life is strange here ). It's published by square enix? And is this some kind of adventure game?
"Your choices will matter!" I believe it when I see it.

Playing a game you never heard before sure is a strange experience ( speaking of life is strange here ). It's published by square enix? And is this some kind of adventure game?
"Your choices will matter!" I believe it when I see it.

I think that's the game made by the Remember Me people if I recall correctly.

Seems as though i just missed your stream. Sorry about that, was really tired.
I am surprised you started with KH. Was expecting some more Ultimax and seeing you learn.

I didn't start with KH. I've been streaming a while now but only started taking it seriously recently. I'm playing KH now because it's what my viewers voted on seeing me play next.

Dammit, 2000 points shy from getting this events SR card, had to just fall asleep while waiting for the meter to fill. Well I better get back to drawing for 12 more hours.

Final boss time in P3..
EDIT: I...am definitely not read for this boss..can't keep up with Almighty Attack spam.
What asshole decided to make this boss fight this long? Made it to the 8th phase..
Your at the final boss already, jeez people are beating games at break neck speed (well compared to me)

The cross examination I'm talking about was the final one. At that point, the team had already figured everything out as well.
So they slso knew the shooting took inside the plane, but they just completely ignored that in order to make the final cross examination sound a bit more hectic and dire, despite that not being the case. The only info missing was the finger prints on the bullets, but they had no way of blaming the journalist woman, yet did so anyway.

I finished it then fell asleep.
Hmm, well then I really don't know why they would still blame the reporter, I need to go back and replay it someday, well at least you finished the first case. Did the trapdoor play any important part in the while thing? I looked it up but it was only mentioned about 2 or twice.

grimmiq

Dammit, 2000 points shy from getting this events SR card, had to just fall asleep while waiting for the meter to fill. Well I better get back to drawing for 12 more hours.

Your at the final boss already, jeez people are beating games at break neck speed (well compared to me)

Hmm, well then I really don't know why they would still blame the reporter, I need to go back and replay it someday, well at least you finished the first case. Did the trapdoor play any important part in the while thing? I looked it up but it was only mentioned about 2 or twice.

Good JRPGs I'll start playing at like 7pm then what feels like 3 hours later notice it's 3am..plus I work from home XD

Well there's your problem. You're eating bagel bites and not pizza rolls! Blasphemy!

The 7/11 didn't have any! It was Bagel Bites or frozen fried chicken!

Of course the one PlayArts figure with an okay looking face is Cloud. Every other PlayArts face looks like a monster, but not Cloud. Especially not a $120 version of Cloud with Omnislashing Swords.

They knew they couldn't fuck up Cloud. They'd be crucified if the did.

EDIT: D'awwwwwww! Look at how cute this is! It's like $30 but I neeeeeed it!

You might have not seen them, so here are my photos

How are you single? People just don't appreciate good natured voguing anymore.

Friend and I at a wedding last year were given many scandalous looks about our constant JoJo Posing.

They were just jealous of our fabulosity, and they're all just jealous of your!

Unrelated, but going back on my facebook pictures far enough to find those images, I found a bonus image of 17 year old Aaron holding his nephew for the first time.

So young, so innocent. If only he knew what was waiting for him in the next couple years. The horrible and filthy acts he'd take part in, he'd probably faint.

Morning everyone.

How was NXT Rival last night?

I'm behind on NXT so I didn't watch it, but what I heard was that they blew the roof off the place.

How are you single? People just don't appreciate good natured voguing anymore.

Friend and I at a wedding last year were given many scandalous looks about our constant JoJo Posing.

They were just jealous of our fabulosity, and they're all just jealous of your!

Unrelated, but going back on my facebook pictures far enough to find those images, I found a bonus image of 17 year old Aaron holding his nephew for the first time.

So young, so innocent. If only he knew what was waiting for him in the next couple years. The horrible and filthy acts he'd take part in, he'd probably faint.

I'm behind on NXT so I didn't watch it, but what I heard was that they blew the roof off the place.
I'm watching it now, I'll let you know how good it is.

So, rewatching the Heavy Rain LP,
I'm noticing that not only does Shelby's inner dialog make absolutely no sense, but Madison's doesn't either! When she first shows up at the motel she sees Ethan and is all like "Who is this guy?" despite the revelation later being that she's only at that motel explicitly for the purpose of seeing him!

I'm beginning to suspect David Cajay may be a poor writer.

I still love this game, though, that first experience is like nothing else I've ever played.

So, rewatching the Heavy Rain LP,
I'm noticing that not only does Shelby's inner dialog make absolutely no sense, but Madison's doesn't either! When she first shows up at the motel she sees Ethan and is all like "Who is this guy?" despite the revelation later being that she's only at that motel explicitly for the purpose of seeing him!

I'm beginning to suspect David Cajay may be a poor writer.

I still love this game, though, that first experience is like nothing else I've ever played.
I've been playing every telltale game and life is strange to ge that first time heavy rain high again.

I've been playing every telltale game and life is strange to ge that first time heavy rain high again.

Unfortunately none of those games have been able to recapture the magic. Playing Heavy Rain a second time revealed that none of my choices mattered and that made it click in my mind that everything is just a big work to get you to think it's all important.

Man, I wish I could erase that bit of knowledge and just enjoy these games at face value.

Heavy Rain is easily his best game and despite it being super dumb, I kind of enjoyed it the first time. The feeling of severity of your choices turned it into quite an interesting playthrough. Falls apart entirely the second time, but whatever.

It's like, my second playthough made the game fall apart, but the first time was so good that I forgive it for that and just remember it for the good time it gave me.

Morning. It looks like i missed some heavy stuff last night. Oh well, i'll just read it later.

You're probably better of not doing that.

We went it to superrealgaf mode

Let's never do that again. Ever.

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as you did, but I certainly appreciated it far more than any of his other games.

I played it with a friend and we traded off characters, so that was probably a large part of why I enjoyed it so much, but yeah, from what I've seen of the others, Heavy Rain has at least some objective quality that is missing from the others.

Emouse

I personally really enjoyed Heavy Rain at least the first time I played it, I even had somewhat of s controller mishap which ended with one of the characters dying which was pretty cool, I never went back and played the entire game again though but I can see the issues with it and whatnot

I dunno, maybe I just really enjoyed the extremes of Ethan's 'trials' and how it ended up having a sort of saw vibe to it

Top Bottom