• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Guys I know you Americans don't really get Celsius but one is factually far more dangerous than the other.

Water freezes at 0 degrees Celsius, what do you think -17 or -40 will do to you?
I have the equivalent Fahrenheit values too. Not sure how understanding Celcius matters. I understand Freezing points.
Why do you think they steal all our hoodies? Or hog the blanket in bed? And how they're always cold, even in the summer? Women are basically reptiles.
What mysterious creatures

That argument is dumb.

-17c is well below freezing point, it's really dangerous if you're not careful, 38c sucks but it's not going to kill you.

giphy.gif

Xiraiya

It's kinda assuming you've got modern conveniences like heavy winter clothing or any sort of thing to cool you down.

Heating is consistently cheaper and more accessible than cooling.

If you only have fans in your house and no AC, your house is going to get hot regardless and be uncomfortable as hell, there's nothing you can do at that point except take a cold shower or bath, even then the water warms up slightly after awhile.

If it's cold, you just rug up and turn a heater on.

Why do you think they steal all our hoodies? Or hog the blanket in bed? And how they're always cold, even in the summer? Women are basically reptiles.
I think I'd like/understand them more if they were actual reptiles or reptilian monster girls. Then I'd at least have be able to comprehend their absurd lack of body heat and tendency to panic about getting cold.

The poll should've just been do you prefer burning whether or freezing whether.
Me and my friend have just been rolling with those values since it's the extremes of what we get around here.

HAVE ANOTHER THEN
Heating is consistently cheaper and more accessible than cooling.

If you only have fans in your house and no AC, your house is going to get hot regardless and be uncomfortable as hell, there's nothing you can do at that point except take a cold shower or bath, even then the water warms up slightly after awhile.

If it's cold, you just rug up and turn a heater on.
Yeup. There's no truly escaping heat.

Xiraiya

All I know is running a portable heater all winter to warm my room is far more efficient and cheaper than buying/running big wall air conditioner or even a portable one.
Electrical things get warm by default, generating heat is just naturally simpler than generating coldness.

It's how the universe works, nothing we can do about it, the only argument is preference, which at that point who cares?

I guess that's why Xiraiya can act a little cold at times.
I'm sorry, I'll leave for the rest of the day
I liked it.
All I know is running a portable heater all winter to warm my room is far more efficient and cheaper than buying/running big wall air conditioner or even a portable one.

Electrical things get warm by default, generating heat is just naturally simpler than generating coldness.

It's how the universe works, nothing we can do about it.
If you really wanna get pedantic, there is no "Cold" just absence of Heat.

Even by ourselves we both have the problem of ending up kicking covers off or moving limbs out from under them to stop from getting too warm.

I run pretty hot too, I straight up radiate heat in winter.
I do too. It was pretty useful in high school cause all the girls i knew would hover around me in the winter. Especially in band. Those girls were cold.

Boy do I know fucking pedantic you guys love to get sometimes.
Sorry, I'm just kinda like that. I have the disclaimer at least, and your comment before was on point.
Actually, the first one was just a bad comparison. Anyway, cold weather comes with snow, ice, bad driving, hail, etc, so I'll say that one is worse. The lesson here is that Spring is the best season.
Fair enough. And nah, Fall/Autumn is dabes
Just do it perfectly fraudwil! It's not that difficult.
i tri so hrd and got so far

It's how the universe works, nothing we can do about it, the only argument is preference, which at that point who cares?

As someone who works with HVAC vendors, it depends on what you want long term vs short term.

If you required a portable heater in an apartment building, that speaks more to the quality of the boiler in your complex.

I'd be complaining to your super about that.

Xiraiya

As someone who works with HVAC vendors, it depends on what you want long term vs short term.
If you required a portable heater in an apartment building, that speaks more to the quality of the boiler in your complex.
Australia is just different, we have apartments in the cities but they aren't quite as common a thing, I've never lived in one and I have never known anyone who did, in Melbourne you get a lot of regular houses crammed between huge buildings.

I live in the country in a regular house.

joe2187

Banned
California has weird weather. The temperature change was abrupt, not gradual. It's already hot again.

I fucking hate that shit.

Here i am haveing a nice gloomy windy day with barely a bit of sun in the sky and the next morning I wake up and the sun is all up in my asshole.

Top Bottom