• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Zenfalcia

You thought you could get away with no one seeing this, but I'm bringing it back, baby.

You thought CringeGaf was over, but it was me, DIO!

Allright I'm jumping in there.
So a little prefacing.
Throughout my life, due to all my self confidence issues and whatever, I've been pursued romantically far more than I've ever pursued others(partially because I didn't even think I was deserving of such a thing). I was also really fucking oblivious to the world and people around me, and even moreso romantically(as in I barely noticed unless they went out of their way to spell it out for me in one form or another).
So with that being said, let's dive in to one of several stories that came out of these traits. Taken on their own, they aren't the worst, but as a whole... They tell a sad story indeed.

So back in junior year, I was in English class with a girl. She was a really nice, pretty cool girl(as I later learned), and she'd been in my English class for about 2 years. Apparently during those years, she developed a bit of a crush on me, though I hadn't the foggiest idea that this was happening. So one day, after class, the girl walks up to me. She's a little tense, and a bit embarassed, to the point where even I could tell something's going on. And she says to me, "Hey [semisonic], I've umm.. I've got something to tell you. But first, I want to know one thing."
At this point I could tell what's coming. So I ask what she wants to know.
"What's my name?"
I just kinda stand there for a while. The girl, though she certainly spoke up in class a bit, and had been in my class for 2 years at that point, had a name that I couldn't remember for the life of me. (It was in fact a rather odd name, and one that most people don't have.) So I fumble around in my mind for a while, remembering only that it starts with an m. I'd feel too fucking bad if I didn't say anything, so I at least try for it.
I get it wrong. She gives me a hint. Because it is still a very uncommon name, and because I don't bother with that sort of thing for the most part unless the person in question is my friend, I fuck it up still.
Since I know what it is she built up the courage to say, I feel fucking awful. But after I fuck it up 2 times, she kinda down and whispers, "well that's discouraging."
I get super embarrassed and look for any excuse to shift my own failure onto anyone else(including her) something I'm deeply ashamed of to this day, even more so than the rest of the incident. "You should speak up more in class"
"I do, actually. A good deal." etc.
It's super pathetic, but I was out of my element due to my own romantic issues, and I was floundering around like there was no tomorrow. At the end of this fucking travesty, I ask her what she wanted to say. She told me it was nothing, and kinda walked away with her shoulders slouched.
So, in the end, I made an effort to learn her name, and we wound up being somewhere between acquaintances and friends, but I doubt I will ever fuck things up this much in a confession ever again(although I've had some close calls). I still feel like a huge piece of shit whenever I think about how I responded to her feelings, but she later wound up with a nice guy for the rest of high school(better suited to a relationship than my immature ass was, too), so I guess everything worked out way better than it could have.

I still suck at names tho. You'd think this would have made me pay more attention to them, but I just can't remember that shit.

10/10 Flawless victory. Don't you love it when you try to think of how things could've went differently if you did something else? I do too.

semisonic

Banned
You and me can be the arbiters of fashion in this thread. I will keep pushing my Mens Shoes OT til the day I die!

Come, brother!
Let us purge these fools of their subpar casual american fashions, and bring them into the new world of really nice clothes!
I'll take the coats, scarves, ties, and vests, you take shoes and whatever the fuck else you know about! No one can stop us now!
20150128_220230.jpg
Shitty bathroom selfies will usher in a new era of classy clothes!

EDIT: Oh shit I didn't actually expect the cringeGAF to be posted again for some reason. Dunno why, considering I brought up my master plan. Now it feels weird to have a picture to match the shitty story.
Aw...

Come, brother!
Let us purge these fools of their subpar casual american fashions, and bring them into the new world of really nice clothes!
I'll take the coats, scarves, ties, and vests, you take shoes and whatever the fuck else you know about! No one can stop us now!

If i walked around outside like that here, I'd get jumped.

I don't even know what the hell you would get for ten dollars. I didn't even go to rich people schools, maybe all the ones at my school were better at forward thinking
You get the full experience. My school has rich, middle, and poor people, all based on what one of the 3 towns you're from. It's ironic that the prettiest and the best are the cheapest. From what I understand, these are the rich girls who want to stick it to their fathers, and don't care much about the money aspect of it.

Zenfalcia

I've already told Xi I'm going to buy him a hoodie at some point just so I can steal it from him after a couple weeks.

Especially when it has his scent on it.
She's making fucking random motions while watching someone else play? She must be really good, we should put her in the guy's place. I mean, the guy is certainly a gamer considering he lives with his mother and has a captain kirk costume in his closet, but this girl is certainly something else!
Not in the original vid, unfortunately =P. Just put screeching music over the entire scene so that you can't hear anyone say anything and turn off the TV or switch channels because of the excruciating pain the sound is causing you and the scene becomes infinitely better.

I mean, she has to be amazing right? Don't you love getting all your coworkers to watch you play Vidya games during work hours? It's amazing how that one guy knew she would be amazing.

You get the full experience. My school has rich, middle, and poor people, all based on what one of the 3 towns you're from. It's ironic that the prettiest and the best are the cheapest. From what I understand, these are the rich girls who want to stick it to their fathers, and don't care much about the money aspect of it.

That sounds like I doujin i read once where a girl was paying dudes to let her bang them.
Lucky you for rich daddy issue girls???

croten

I wouldn't trust a prostitute that goes for that cheap. Also not that desperate.

semisonic

Banned
Semi's story:
iATyIkdDQxpWm.gif

No that's my plan, not my story.
My story is worse than that. And slightly less self-inflicted.
If i walked around outside like that here, I'd get jumped.
Yeah but you'd look really nice while you did.
And maybe a ladyfriend
or manfriend I really can't keep track of who all's gay and bi here anymore, not that it matters anyway
would take pity on you and then one thing leads to another and then BAM!
Classy wedding with a classy soulmate.
You're welcome

Zenfalcia

Come, brother!

EDIT: Oh shit I didn't actually expect the cringeGAF to be posted again for some reason. Dunno why, considering I brought up my master plan. Now it feels weird to have a picture to match the shitty story.
Aw...

Down with SelfieGaf.

It's the best.
Semi's story:

It's fine.
That sounds like I doujin i read once where a girl was paying dudes to let her bang them.
Lucky you for rich daddy issue girls???

Those chinese comics are the best! Those Doe Jeans.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Come, brother!

Aw...

I got shoes and button-up shirts. I'm really bummed that I can't wear my leather oxfords outside right now because they salt the ice and that dissolves the sole of the shoe.

I got shoes and button-up shirts. I'm really bummed that I can't wear my leather oxfords outside right now because they salt the ice and that dissolves the sole of the shoe.

I normally go with a button up shirt and some jeans and my DC's. Unless I feel lazy then a t-shirt,jeans,hoodie etc.

semisonic

Banned
Normally, I wouldn't either. But I was given a high recommendation from good friends of mine, so i'm taking the risk.

But do you really want to have the story of your first time be "that time I paid a mid-low-quality hooker like 20 bucks for illegal sex?"
Well, it's your choice anyways.
I just think it's the wrong one.

Yeah but you'd look really nice while you did.
And maybe a ladyfriend
or manfriend I really can't keep track of who all's gay and bi here anymore, not that it matters anyway
would take pity on you and then one thing leads to another and then BAM!
Classy wedding with a classy soulmate.
You're welcome
You know what? You're right! I'll go out right now and buy a snazzy outfit and get my ass beat. Nothing better than 'oh god, you just got beat up' sex.

But do you really want to have the story of your first time be "that time I paid a mid-low-quality hooker like 20 bucks for illegal sex?"

I would have to agree, not to say you gotta wait till marriage or some shit but that prostitute shit is bad news.

I thought about it, but then said fuck it. I know who it is, we're in a couple classes together, so it's either going to be amazing or terrible. I'm willing to risk it.

Top Bottom