• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Mannn I really need to read the manga once Stardust Crusaders is finished in the anime
That is my plan, it's getting kinda tough with these guys always hyping all the other parts up though. I'm lucky I don't even have enough time to read the mangas I am trying to get through I guess

Jman014

Man I sure hope The Ascension are on Smackdown tonight so they can beat people up. Also I need more Mizdow and the bunny. Plz Vince.

Beloved

Part 7 and Part 6 both have really cool female characters.

Manga is so fucking gooooooood. I'm only on part 4, but HOLY SHIT.

Just read the manga, nowwwwwwww.

That is my plan, it's getting kinda tough with these guys always hyping all the other parts up though. I'm lucky I don't even have enough time to read the mangas I am trying to get through I guess

That you should do. Part 4 is arguably one of the best parts in the series. You don't want to wait for the anime to come out a year or more from now.

Alright fuck it, gonna try to start part 4 this weekend.

I'm waiting for the anime to finish to start Part 4 even though I've read Part 3 because I don't wanna feel like I'm going back after reading ahead.

Is Part 5 worth going through even with the shitty translation?

Alright fuck it, gonna try to start part 4 this weekend.

810011-nniiiiiiice.jpg
Edit: Oh, Mrgoodwil is right. There's spoilers for Part 3 in it. RIP.

Yeah, it is.

I'm waiting for the anime to finish to start Part 4 even though I've read Part 3 because I don't wanna feel like I'm going back after reading ahead.

As long as you don't have massive gaps between times you read chapters it's pretty fine

Xiraiya

Goddamn Darkest Dungeon is so awesome, watching Reynald go from the glorious hero to a hollowed out husk beneath his armor was fantastic.

I'm excited for bold. Haven't seen Lupin ever and I'm on episode 3 of Gintama.
I hope Lupin 2015 is better than Fujiko Mine, because that show was an utter slog to get through an episode and got super self-indulgent in the nudity early on. I quit a few episodes in and don't regret it after hearing how it all turned out.

I hope Lupin 2015 is better than Fujiko Mine, because that show was an utter slog to get through an episode and got super self-indulgent in the nudity early on. I quit a few episodes in and don't regret it after hearing how it all turned out.

Yeah. I loved the art style and animation but it wasn't the best. Hopefully this is more accessible.

Also, am I the only one who loves random encounters?

I don't mind the concept, but they can very quickly go from fun to shitty if they're not great.

Yeah, if the game sucks it falls apart pretty quick. I personally think Pokemon does it the worst where every step feels like a countdown to battle. Final Fantasy feels more like it could just happen at any time.

Yeah. I loved the art style and animation but it wasn't the best. Hopefully this is more accessible.

Also, am I the only one who loves random encounters?

I think random encounters are why I stopped playing JRPGs at all. I can't stand them, and if a game that doesn't have a way to avoid random encounters, I'm not playing it.

I think Pokemon is the only thing I can think of where random encounters truly work well, even at their most annoying moments.
Really? Pokemon is the first game I think of where it falls straight into rote and boring. Especially since the game has so much grind, and how little threat a single pokemon poses. There's being able to catch them, but SMT does that while fixing my previous complaints.

That feeling when you haven't looked at your programming hw and you realize that it's going to be really hard.
ibuEDN1zJacVcv.gif

It's not quite programming, but I remember this exact feeling when reading over textbook chapters and realizing you don't understand a single fucking psyche term on the entire page.

joe2187

Banned

I enjoyed it, the animation and art was amazing. I liked the more mature relationship Zenigata had with Lupin instead of a crazy wacky cat and mouse thing in the older cartoons.

However the whole fujiko
clones/body mutilation mind rape
and Lt Oscars
creepy psychotic obsession with zenigata kind came from out of nowhere

I much rather have visible encounters you can run past, if there's a way to get a head start/surprised that's even better.
Fuck getting butt touched though

I much rather have visible encounters you can run past, if there's a way to get a head start/surprised that's even better.

This is my preferred system. Adding the preemptive strike/ambush mechanic like in the new MegaTen games or Mario and Luigi makes it even better.

Edit: I just realized that I said exactly what you said, but whatever.

Neol

I think they're the worst they've ever been. Cannot stand playing those games because of it.

I feel the caves and water areas in Pokemon are the worst since encounter rates are high in those areas and every step could lead to a random encounter. I do like designated random encounter areas like the patches of grass and such.

Bravely Default is the only one I enjoyed random encounters to its fullest considering you can turn them on or off.

The reason I don't like enemies on the map as much is that it feels much more like a crapshoot.

Like, in some games you can avoid them and move on, but others they're designed to get you no matter how hard you try to get away, making them more like preset encounters and that feels too rigid and boring to me. I'd prefer them happening anywhere.

It's not quite programming, but I remember this exact feeling when reading over textbook chapters and realizing you don't understand a single fucking psyche term on the entire page.
I did the same sort of in high school. I missed a few days because I was sick and came back. During science class we were doing electric boards or something with wires and like the prettiest girl in class came over and asked for help. I had no clue what the hell the class was even doing so she got up and left.

Zenfalcia

That feeling when you haven't looked at your programming hw and you realize that it's going to be really hard.
ibuEDN1zJacVcv.gif

i know that feeling.. it's not a good feeling.

Also, speaking of which, i finished akira.. it was a fun read.

Butt that's the best part.

It's also simple, but Nocturne has a repel spell you can give to a Demon in your stock, as well as an indicator that has an indicator of your risk of random battle. Going a long distance with a red indicator is weirdly tense.
The reason I don't like enemies on the map as much is that it feels much more like a crapshoot.

Like, in some games you can avoid them and move on, but others they're designed to get you no matter how hard you try to get away, making them more like preset encounters and that feels too rigid and boring to me. I'd prefer them happening anywhere.
You can bypass a ton of CT fights, and it's awesome.

360pages

Eh Pokémon is a mix, there is an item that is super cheap last long and what not that you don't have to ever worry about Random encounters again in the post game...

Top Bottom