• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

I feel the caves and water areas in Pokemon are the worst since encounter rates are high in those areas and every step could lead to a random encounter. I do like designated random encounter areas like the patches of grass and such.

Bravely Default is the only one I enjoyed random encounters to its fullest considering you can turn them on or off.
Does turning random encounters off affect game balance? Your answer determines if I get Bravely Default.
You've never played CT?

Oh man Oh geez enjoy what may be one of the top 5 RPGs in Gaming history.

I wish I could go back in raw again.

I played a little of it, but never finished it.

Zenfalcia

Random encounters?
...FTL is nice but boy can you end up having a bad trip to the final boss.

Nah... You just need to git gud and do the thing assuming you can even get to the final boss... Nothing is worst than a stalemate when you need to kill the other ship because you have no fuel. ;_;

Neol

Random encounters?
...FTL is nice but boy can you end up having a bad trip to the final boss.

That game is roguelike in general so there's always gonna be that sense of luck in your encounters.

Some of my FTL runs have gone from totally awesome and getting tons of scrap and weapons to on red health and almost running out of fuel.

Also, I bought Fire Emblem Awakening recently. My BX was clearing stock, and it was $20.

Thanks BX, for not giving a fuck on what the actual price of games are.

Jman014

If you guys haven't played FTL you should try it. It's great.
Nah... You just need to git gud and do the thing assuming you can even get to the final boss... Nothing is worst than a stalemate when you need to kill the other ship because you have no fuel. ;_;

That game is roguelike in general so there's always gonna be that sense of luck in your encounters.

Some of my FTL runs have gone from totally awesome and getting tons of scrap and weapons to on red health and almost running out of fuel.
My poor crewmen! Fuck those rebels tho. It's satisfying to destroy the final boss.

Random note but I fucking love the music

Neol

Does turning random encounters off affect game balance? Your answer determines if I get Bravely Default.

I played a little of it, but never finished it.

I mean you still have to be on the appropriate level to fight bosses and such but turning it off and on doesn't change the difficulty that you choose in the beginning.

Its just nice since you can just turn your encounter rate to really high near the beginning of a dungeon, grind and turn it off, heal up and head straight to the boss.

Oh, they will most definitely get punished.

The worst part is i didn't even want to buy it, i accidentally pre-ordered it months ago thanks to that god damn amazon one click buy feature.
best accident ever though

That's how I drunkenly bought that hentai tank top.

No regrets.

ultimax

Unrelated, but how's the android version of TWEWY? Worth it or should I just go with the DS version?

The combat is isn't as deep because of the lack of dual screens, but its still really really good. Also the remixed soundtrack is god damn amazing, and theres a few other extras in there

Neol

If you guys haven't played FTL you should try it. It's great.

My poor crewmen! Fuck those rebels tho. It's satisfying to destroy the final boss.

Random note but I fucking love the music

Oh the music is fantastic. Love the subtle upbeat tempo it goes when you start to engage an enemy ship.

Do the thing and play on hard or Insanity/hardest and perma-death.
whoa.png

You sure have a lot of games that you want to play, Bananarama!
I'm not a responsible adult.

mrmyhthef

Real big dick OG's play Radiant Dawn and the OG Fire Emblem.

I was replaying that recently and I realized that the animation is fucking amazing. Good God.

OG Fire Emblem? Do you mean FE7 cause the only way to play the OG Fire Emblem now is Shadow Dragon and...

648.gif

EDIT: By the way, the Radiant duology are my favourite Fire Emblems.

I should really start that game...
but that copy of criminal girls is still staring me down from across the room and im getting scared
You can't let them intimidate you, they have been naughty and you need to punish them. Use your justice to show them the error of their ways and what is waiting for them if they stick to the path they are on

I am sitting here, looking at 42 mancala pieces, and trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to use these bits to make a simple strategy game for a game design class I have tomorrow afternoon.

Top Bottom