• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Alfebit

Banned
I just looked up some Criminal Girls gameplay because I realized I've never actually seen any of it besides glimpses of the punishment stuff. I watch 30 seconds of the punishment stuff before I figured It'd be easier to check Fakku.
Gameplay looked a bit simple.

semisonic

Banned
God Hector hard mode is such bullshit. Those early chapters are dreadful to go through.

The lunatic+ mode in Awakening is the hardest FE experience ever tho.
You'd think so, but it's way easier to break FE:A than it is to break FE7. Largely due to having unlimited chapters to level up your units, inherently worse game balance through the use of forging and items like nosferatu, and the fact that random unit placement means that it isn't as well thought out. FE7, the worst you can break it is arena abuse, and everything is carefully designed for maximum penetration of your squad's collective anus. No way around that shit.
There is a pretty steep learning curve in learning RTS's that many people, including myself, can't get into. Console RTS's just sound terrible in general.

No there's one good one. The kingdom under fire games kick ass, though they are outlandishly difficult. Prohibitively so, even. But there is so much depth there it drives me absolutely nuts

Neol

Man looking at the FE7 sprite art, I miss the ridiculousness of those GBA animations.

latest

dbf365eb1a945e40445591a94b7cf6b77a531dd3_r.gif

Zephiel_king.gif

I just looked up some Criminal Girls gameplay because I realized I've never actually seen any of it besides glimpses of the punishment stuff. I watch 30 seconds of the punishment stuff before I figured It'd be easier to check Fakku.
Gameplay looked a bit simple.
Fakku game when
Diablo 2 is the greatest in its genre. Diablo 3 is utter trash.
The pacing of D2 is what kills it for me mostly.

Neol

You'd think so, but it's way easier to break FE:A than it is to break FE7. Largely due to having unlimited chapters to level up your units, inherently worse game balance through the use of forging and items like nosferatu, and the fact that random unit placement means that it isn't as well thought out. FE7, the worst you can break it is arena abuse, and everything is carefully designed for maximum penetration of your squad's collective anus. No way around that shit.

Was thinking it from the early chapters standpoint but on the long run I realize what you mean and I agree.

I always forget how broken nosferatu is in FE:A.

God Hector hard mode is such bullshit. Those early chapters are dreadful to go through.

The lunatic+ mode in Awakening is the hardest FE experience ever tho.

I'd say its one of the more bullshit FE experiences. Lunatic+ is dumb, those first 6 chapters in particular.

Hardest FE experience is either no rescue staff FE11 on hardest difficulty, FE5, or FE12 H4

semisonic

Banned
I'd say its one of the more bullshit FE experiences. Lunatic+ is dumb, those first 6 chapters in particular.

Hardest FE experience is either no rescue staff FE11 on hardest difficulty, FE5, or FE12 H4

Yeah but then you're imposing artificial difficulty. Nuzlocking the game, so to speak. I think we're talking vanilla challenges

semisonic

Banned
Holy shit I didn't even realize they were adding these characters.

Don't really play PM anymore but if they continue to add new chars then I'm on board with this. Lets hope they don't get hit by copyrights.

This pm hype reminded me that I finally finished my project m custom music pack. If anyone wants it, I can just drop it in the google drive
aaaaaaand dp

Neol

Third one is FE6, but I agree.

I think it might be my fav animation in the GBA series. Seeing it the first time made my mouth drop.

Also for those who never played FE6, play FE6.

That's my biggest problem with Awakening. The animations just aren't as cool.

I feel ya. I get that there 3d models now but I felt they could've put more effort with the crit animation at least.

Always wanted to try out the pre-GBA FE games. From what I've heard some of those are ridiculously unfair at parts.

Always wanted to try out the pre-GBA FE games. From what I've heard some of those are ridiculously unfair at parts.

Yeah, kinda. The worst case of RNG in the series is Lunatic+ FE13. But 5 can get pretty brutal, it just has alot more going on in its difficulty so it makes it more of a painful learning experience than just being infuriating and random. Definitely play FE4 if you want to get into earlier ones, its my second favorite.

semisonic

Banned
Guys, for those of you who ordered n3ds monhun bundles from gamestop, have your orders shipped yet?
They fucked up almost everything about mine, as I have oft bitched over the past few days, but it still hasn't begun to ship. Normally, I'd trust in this, but precisely because they fucked everything else up, I have no confidence they didn't do the same here.
Anyone mind reassuring me?

Squishy3

Guys, for those of you who ordered n3ds monhun bundles from gamestop, have your orders shipped yet?
They fucked up almost everything about mine, as I have oft bitched over the past few days, but it still hasn't begun to ship. Normally, I'd trust in this, but precisely because they fucked everything else up, I have no confidence they didn't do the same here.
Anyone mind reassuring me?
I have tracking but tracking hasn't updated in the past 16 hours.

Top Bottom