• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

semisonic

Banned
Man, I am looking forward to Majora's Mask 3D so hard.
I never had an N64 expansion pack, so I couldn't play it when it came out. It's a new Zelda game for me.

It's the best Zelda game for you. And everyone. It's the best forever. No shut up tho. It's perfekt

ultimax

"Guyyyssss, Abu's being meeeeaaannnn"
zs1AIbO.gif

semisonic

Banned
The best part is trolling him at work because then I get to see him complain on GAF in the saltiest fashion

wait you guys actually work together?
I'm so sorry for one, possibly both of you.
I haven't decided which one(s) yet tho
I don't think I could imagine working with any of you cool guys
except maybe mathaou, because we're slowly becoming the same person anyways

ultimax

Yep, and you should feel bad for him because I get a kick out of it

You won't work with me but you'll play a 60 hour rpg with me

Peronsa is basically a complex system of pulleys and levels.
Persona isn't even a real game
Characters are pretty great.

Maybe 4.

P4 is the worst game ever cause s links

Hnnnnnnnnnngggggg
I'll take it, I guess. Wind waker was pretty great too.

WIND WAKER'S PROBLEMS SUCK BECAUSE IT COULD SO BE THE BEST EVER

I love that game so much. Best artstyle ever.

Wind Waker is pure love. What an amazing game.

Wait, Wind Waker was good. I thought it was just pretty.

I don't care the Legend of Zelda series.

Best open world.

Best story.

Best soundtrack.

Best dungeons, even if their lacking in quantity.

And I fucking adored the Triforce quest at the end except for having to fucking break the bank for Tingle that fucking thief.

Best open world.

Best story.

Best soundtrack.

And I fucking adored the Triforce quest at the end except for having to fucking break the bank for Tingle that fucking thief.

Yeah, but it's still Zelda. I'll rather just keep playing Metroid Prime.

Best open world.

Best story.

I didn't care for the triforce quest, but I'm so buttmad that that game was rushed. It fucking deserved polish and it would've been easily the best Zelda. As is I have it tied with LttP.
Where's the Miyamoto quote people overuse.

Remember all the backlash when Wind Waker first came out.

Was like wtf this game is great.

Great is a stretch. It was passable.

WW and SS suffer from the same problem: Huge map with nothing to fucking do.

Especially Skyward Sword. I was pissed at how barebones the content was.

I didn't care for the triforce quest, but I'm so buttmad that that game was rushed. It fucking deserved polish and it would've been easily the best Zelda. As is I have it tied with LttP.
Where's the Miyamoto quote people overuse.

Since its horrible opinion confession time

LttP is my least favorite Zelda game I've played. So god damn boring.

Especially Skyward Sword. I was pissed at how barebones to content was.

Out of all 3D Zelda's, WW is arguably the one that suffers the least from this considering every island on every panel has something to do on it. Ocarina and TP especially have it bad.

semisonic

Banned

Best story.

Actually, the triforce quest was my favorite part of the game.
Fuck the dungeons, I just want to explore zeldaland.
Also, WHAT
Best story
Here's an entire scholarly paper about how fucking sick majora's mask is as both a statement on the nature of growing up and a piece of art.
What do you got

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Man the one game stop I pre-order in Chicago doesn't have a midnight release.
I didn't have one either, but they're opening an hour early for whateverthefuck reason.

tumblr_m7t8afpVHL1r8e8k5o1_500.gif

Neol

Especially Skyward Sword. I was pissed at how barebones to content was.

True. Always enjoyed sailing in WW though and finding new areas in the sea.
Skyward sword was pretty bad tho. Literally was hyped when I was flying and shit and then I discovered everything and I'm like oh that's it.

LttP is my least favorite Zelda game I've played.

semisonic

Banned

I agree with this, save for the idea that LttP is the worst 2d zelda
I played oracle of seasons
It was no LttP
which is still no 3d zelda
Yea Im fine, we'll play tomorrow

I'm going tank

Oh sick.
I think I'm going to mash my shadowblade combo til it works.
Or I might just go mage

Eh, I can see where you're coming from. I love the dungeons and I think the only weak link is combat against normal enemies. Bosses in that game are rad as shit, and I'm a bit biased over that awesome overworld.
That got me. Anyway Wind Waker is probably second to MM in that. Inb4 Mara defends OoT

True. Always enjoyed sailing in WW though and finding new areas in the sea.
Skyward sword was pretty bad tho. Literally was hyped when I was flying and shit and then I discovered everything and I'm like oh that's it.

RIght?! You get your bird companion and you use him for very little awkward combat and to fly around a sky world that is fairly small and kind of empty.

The way I'd rank it:

Termina > Water Hyrule > Skyloft > Hyrule Field(TP) > Hyrule Field (OoT)

That's about what I have it at except with Water Hyrule flipped with Termina. I've never really been too impressed with Zelda's world except for Termina and the Great Sea. The rest feel mediocre to me and just a place with some rupees/heart pieces and a path to get me to my dungeons which is what I really like about those games.

Eh, I can see where you're coming from. I love the dungeons and I think the only weak link is combat against normal enemies. Bosses in that game are rad as shit, and I'm a bit biased over that awesome overworld.

That got me. Anyway Wind Waker is probably second to MM in that. Inb4 Mara defends OoT

Yeah, didn't like the combat either. Also didn't like the dungeons and as bad as it is, I'm the person that likes having something telling me to "Hey, go there" in my Zelda games because of the fact that most of the time the open world is just boring.

semisonic

Banned
opinions :(

I know they don't mean much I'm sorry.
No you still cool. I just like to whip out scholarly papers when people disagree with me because its harder to argue with them. And because i think everyone should read that paper cause it's great
I actually used that as part of my own paper on storytelling through gameplay, featuring bayonetta, nier, majora's mask, ico, and shadow of the colossus.
quote for the thing because personal information(just name and face)
also because spoilers for nier
I didn't have one either, but they're opening an hour early for whateverthefuck reason.

tumblr_m7t8afpVHL1r8e8k5o1_500.gif
tumblr_nbt1fvvggF1sasvhfo3_500.gif

Yeah, didn't like the combat either. Also didn't like the dungeons and as bad as it is, I'm the person that likes having something telling me to "Hey, go there" in my Zelda games because of the fact that most of the time the open world is just boring.
I agree, and really LttP is where that started. I can't fucking play Zelda 1,
and I weirdly sorta like 2 but it's weird
, but LttP has a map with markers, and minimizes the time spent trying to find what you have to do. It gives way more clear hints and goals. Hell the Dark World has the dungeons listed and numbered on the map.

Neol

RIght?! You get your bird companion and you use him for very little awkward combat and to fly around a sky world that is fairly small and kind of empty.

Agreed.

Didn't really like SS in general but the flying whale boss was a good way to incorporate the bird combat.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Out of all 3D Zelda's, WW is arguably the one that suffers the least from this considering every island on every panel has something to do on it. Ocarina and TP especially have it bad.
I can see that, my favorite 2D Zelda is Minish Cap. Goddamn that game is good.
Ocarina is full of fucking nothing and so is TP. But TP had more to do in terms of places to go and secrets. Ocarina's night/day mechanic was really annoying, TP's was fucking masterful. The atmosphere they create at night is goddamn amazing. One of the best I can think of.

Especially Skyward Sword. I was pissed at how barebones the content was.

WW had tons of shit, are you kidding me? It was perfectly spaced out and each island had a little something. They dealt with the massive ocean that didn't have islands with watch towers and subs, as well as unique battles like octopi and Zephyr battles.

SS had a good idea and fell flat on it's fucking face. Not only were there islands with fucking nothing on them, with some being literal flat turf that were only used once for a goddamn side quest, but the restricted your movement. WW - the entire map was available for you after a certain point (KoRL keeps bitching at you and forcing you to go in a direction for the first dungeon or so).
Actually, the triforce quest was my favorite part of the game.
Fuck the dungeons, I just want to explore zeldaland.
Also, WHAT

Here's an entire scholarly paper about how fucking sick majora's mask is as both a statement on the nature of growing up and a piece of art.
What do you got
Already read that shit when you posted it earlier, really good.

I agree with this, save for the idea that LttP is the worst 2d zelda
I played oracle of seasons
It was no LttP
which is still no 3d zelda

Oh sick.
I think I'm going to mash my shadowblade combo til it works.
Or I might just go mage
Yea Im fine, we'll play tomorrow

I'm going tank
Boys, we bout to fuck shit up. I need to make sure I have both your NNID's.

No you still cool. I just like to whip out scholarly papers when people disagree with me because its harder to argue with them. And because i think everyone should read that paper cause it's great
I actually used that as part of my own paper on storytelling through gameplay, featuring bayonetta, nier, majora's mask, ico, and shadow of the colossus.
quote for the thing because personal information(just name and face)
also because spoilers for nier

Drakengard is one of my favorite "storytelling through gameplay" kind of games because most of the dialogue happens in gameplay and each weapon you use actually has its own story that becomes more fleshed out as you use the weapon and upgrade it. Its pretty awesome.

I agree, and really LttP is where that started. I can't fucking play Zelda 1, and I weirdly sorta like 2 but it's weird, but LttP has a map with markers, and minimizes the time spent trying to find what you have to do. It gives way more clear hints and goals. Hell the Dark World has the dungeons listed and numbered on the map.

what.

Top Bottom