• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Squishy3

My favourite Zelda is Link's Awakening.
9kxElda.gif

Favorite Zelda is Majora's and it always has been.

Second favorite is Twilight Princess. Ain't givin' a fuck, Link, Midna, Telma and the Zora were all way too goddamn hot for it not to be my second favorite!

WW had tons of shit, are you kidding me? It was perfectly spaced out and each island had a little something. They dealt with the massive ocean that didn't have islands with watch towers and subs, as well as unique battles like octopi and Zephyr battles.

SS had a good idea and fell flat on it's fucking face. Not only were there islands with fucking nothing on them, with some being literal flat turf that were only used once for a goddamn side quest, but the restricted your movement. WW - the entire map was available for you after a certain point (KoRL keeps bitching at you and forcing you to go in a direction for the first dungeon or so).

Compared to Termina, WW is barebones.

Compared to SS, WW is content filled.

Neol

Twilight Princess is my second favorite Zelda game as well.

I don't know why but atmosphere of that game took me by the fucking balls and gave me a euphoric feeling I've never felt in a Zelda game before.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Compared to Termina, WW is barebones.

Compared to SS, WW is content filled.

Yup.
Termina is one of the best fucking overworlds in a video game. There's so much to do!

The abundance of a Zeldas game or lack thereof doesn't make it bad, in fact, one of the reasons I like WW and TP is because theres tons of seemingly nothingness, but if you go looking you can find shit everywhere. I 100% both those games at least twice.

semisonic

Banned
Oh...

Semi, can I have your NNID?

This guy! This guy gets it! The atmosphere in TP is fucking AMAZING.

Quote to reveal
If it's friend code you want I don't know it off the top of my head
I'm playing divinity with bull earlier in the day, but we'll find time to hunt tonight.
We better fucking find time to hunt tonight.
Or someone's going to get hurt.
I need my fucking crack man
Don't even try to stop me
I doubt you could anyway

Man I can't wait to get the the mh4u jhen mohran fight

Twilight Princess is my second favorite Zelda game as well.

I don't know why but atmosphere of that game took me by the fucking balls and gave me a euphoric feeling I've never felt in a Zelda game before.

I love the art to death and I honestly think it just has some of the most solid dungeons. While not as revolutionary as Ocarina, I think the items and puzzle design is overall just more refined and it plays a lot better.

Also...
NLavzXa.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Here's the schedule folks:
9:30 - 12:00: Single player to get some decent equipment and familiarize yourself with the controls and such.
12:00-whenever the fuck: Play online and get me some fucking awesome shit.

semisonic

Banned
Here's the schedule folks:
9:30 - 12:00: Single player to get some decent equipment and familiarize yourself with the controls and such.
12:00-whenever the fuck: Play online and get me some fucking awesome shit.

I won't be getting mine til at least 300, followed by the system transfer.
But I'm juuuust enough of a cool guy that I can probably manage early game with little to no armor
at least until I figure out insect scythes.
If I got the demo tonight, could I transfer in my stuff tomorrow

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I won't be getting mine til at least 300, followed by the system transfer.
But I'm juuuust enough of a cool guy that I can probably manage early game with little to no armor
at least until I figure out insect scythes.
If I got the demo tonight, could I transfer in my stuff tomorrow

I'm going to be at an annoying waterpark from 6-10. We playin monhun on GAFatnite.

Neol

I love the art to death and I honestly think it just has some of the most solid dungeons. While not as revolutionary as Ocarina, I think the items and puzzle design is overall just more refined and it plays a lot better.

Also...

Dem Zora's.

I love the art as well. Some of the dungeons were hit and miss for me but they were always solid. I remember going through the sky dungeon and when I got the second clawshot I went insane.

Neol

Where is the google doc for the 3ds codes btw?

Gonna ask whoever is managing it to add my code to play with you guys :3

mrmyhthef

There's not really much to say about it. At least I don't think so. Other than people setting up lobbies or whatever.

I gotta rush through low rank anyway, so that like 30-40 hours before I get deep into Online.

Memories of reading the backlog, 10+ pages of Monster Hunter still fresh in this mind.

I would pick it up, but I really need to cap off my backlog before uni starts again.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Dem Zora's.

I love the art as well. Some of the dungeons were hit and miss for me but they were always solid. I remember going through the sky dungeon and when I got the second clawshot I went insane.

I love the more realistic, darker approach they took. They fucking nailed shadows in that game, and the sun and all the lighting looks really fucking good.

Top Bottom