• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Speaking of which. How many 360's has everyone gone through? My OG, launch 360 still works and so does my slim. My power supply got fucked, but that had nothing to do with it just failing and more with bullshit power plugs in old apartments. Still, I've had like, the best luck with that shit of anyone I know.

I bought an Elite, then an Arcade unit that lasted the rest of the gen

Xiraiya

Speaking of which. How many 360's has everyone gone through? My OG, launch 360 still works and so does my slim. My power supply got fucked, but that had nothing to do with it just failing and more with bullshit power plugs in old apartments. Still, I've had like, the best luck with that shit of anyone I know.

None, never buying an XBOX is the best investment you can make.

I still have my fat white one. Have had it since Christmas 2008. Kept in a well ventilated area and install every game that I've played.

Same one, 6, maybe 7 years, going strong. It was a refurb of whatever the second tier was.

PS3 died in under a year lol

I went through 4 before I wisened up and got a PS3. I got another 360 elite somewhere for less than a hundred but It is just sitting there collecting dust. I don't even know why I have it

Xiraiya

Same one, 6 years, going strong. It was a refurb of whatever the second tier was.

PS3 died in under a year lol
Reminds me back way back when I got a DS and got Pokemon Pearl (I wanted Diamond) with it, it was pre-owned and had a save full of hacked Pokemon.

I was so pissed off by that.
I don't want someone's garbage.

I wanna say fuck you, but I don't get my preorder till tomorrow.

It's just really unlikely. No reason to be anymore worried than ordering any other handheld.

You shouldn't though. Hardware failure should be an expected event for every release of every piece of hardware. This is not indicative of the quality of hardware, unless it is an egregious level of failure like with the 360.

Don't mistake this for lack of sympathy should people end up with faulty things, it's just part of the risk of manufacturing
No but shut up tho.

<3
Just one launch console that I bought off someone that lasted quite a few years before a red ring. The next one I got ended working fine until the DVD drive went to shit and I had to slap the console so it would open. But by that time the console lived its purpose for me.
None, never buying an XBOX is the best investment you can make.
Because Microsoft bad right?

I got a PS3 in like, 2012, after realizing that none of the games I want to play were on 360. The only reason I got one was because Tales of Vesperia and the promise that 360 was going to be supported by Japanese games.

Gamer Y

None surprisingly. I still have my original elite 360.

Had one since 2010. It has held up strong.

Mine died in 2012, a few months after ME3 came out. I then managed to sucker Best Buy into paying $100 for it at some trade-in thing they were doing.

My 360 was worth it solely so I didn't have to suffer through RE5 with a Dual Shock 3. Online being better for stuff like Street Fighter was also great.

Xiraiya

Is a pre-owned game still having a save data... Surprising?

Yes Aaron, it was very surprising because I'm stupid and don't know what pre-owned means.

But in reality, it wasn't marked anywhere that it was pre-owned or anything, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was, but anyway it was forever ago.

My 360 was worth it solely so I didn't have to suffer through RE5 with a Dual Shock 3. Online being better for stuff like Street Fighter was also great.
Hell yeah it is, Ps3 and PC is severely lacking in SF4 online.
SF5 new net code and combined player pool means that won't be an issue!
#BlindOptimism #BelieveOno'sLies

I got a PS3 in like, 2012, after realizing that none of the games I want to play were on 360. The only reason I got one was because Tales of Vesperia and the promise that 360 was going to be supported by Japanese games.

I only got a ps3 to play last of us, uncharted 2 and the infamous games.

I guess it was worth it

ultimax

PS3 can't handle being on the same network as Abu
zs1AIbO.gif

Okingjrr

I had a launch 360, it died back in 09 I think, tried my best to repair it with the guides on youtube only for it to die like a week after.
Then I got a Slim in 2010 and it's been fine ever since.
Reminds me back way back when I got a DS and got Pokemon Pearl (I wanted Diamond) with it, it was pre-owned and had a save full of hacked Pokemon.

I was so pissed off by that.
I don't want someone's garbage.
Oh God, I hate pre-owned shit.
I rather pay a premium for a new game than buying it for 5-10 euros cheaper.
I got AC2 for 5 euros in 2011, and that was the last pre-owned game I bought.

I actually generally buy used, since I'm buying games from generations ago. I like saving money.

If it's a difference of a couple bucks I'll just get it new, but if it's anything above like, $10, then I'll usually just get the used. Worst case scenario is that I have to delete a save file, which is only an issue on Nintendo games, which rarely go down in price anyway.

Xiraiya

Oh God, I hate pre-owned shit.
I rather pay a premium for a new game than buying it for 5-10 euros cheaper.
I got AC2 for 5 euros in 2011, and that was the last pre-owned game I bought.

Yeah basically, I don't really care about the cost, I'm buying a thing for it to be brand new and be mine.

Okingjrr

I actually generally buy used, since I'm buying games from generations ago. I like saving money to buy more useless stuff.

If they're games for previous generations, I can understand. Limited prints and what not.
I'm mostly talking about current gen games. Like the ones with pre order codes and club nintendo codes, that kind of stuff.

Xiraiya

I mean yeah, getting fussy over like a PS2 game at this point in time is madness unless you're some kind of collector who wants untouched games.

If it's a difference of a couple bucks I'll just get it new, but if it's anything above like, $10, then I'll usually just get the used. Worst case scenario is that I have to delete a save file, which is only an issue on Nintendo games, which rarely go down in price anyway.
Yeah, I'll spare like $5 or even $10 for new if that's all. Obviously I prefer new, but money.
If they're games for previous generations, I can understand. Limited prints and what not.
I'm mostly talking about current gen games. Like the ones with pre order codes and club nintendo codes, that kind of stuff.
I bought Destiny used and saved like $25.

ultimax

I never buy used games because I always assume the worst of people. Like seriously, there is nothing stopping someone from dick slapping a game before trading it in.
Mother fuckers are crazy, man.

So two things.
A car just rolled up with '1ETA55' on it's plate. I thought that was funny.
And guess who just snagged a date for tomorrow night?

Anung

Un Rama

I'm on my 9th. I ain't even joking. This one has been working fine for years but I dont keep it plugged in anymore. Still I had some awful luck with them.

Xiraiya

I never buy used games because I always assume the worst of people. Like seriously, there is nothing stopping someone from dick slapping a game before trading it in.
Mother fuckers are crazy, man.

More or less, I never imagined anything that insane but you know, I don't go out of my way to buy things all that often, so when I do, it better be brand new.

So two things.
A car just rolled up with '1ETA55' on it's plate. I thought that was funny.
And guess who just snagged a date for tomorrow night?
The guy with the ridiculous plates?

Top Bottom