• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

semisonic

Banned
You will. The song never changes but the animation does and the Chimera Ant one is just so hype. The 5th ending is godlike as well.

They do kind of contain spoilers but they're the type kind of like End of THE WORLD where unless you know them you won't recognize them.

Opening 5

Ending 5

Oh jeez I forgot how godlike these were
I need to rewatch chimera so bad.
So much good shit to analyze there
And also it's really goddamn entertaining

Beloved

ahhhhhh dont tell me Leorio and kurapika stop being important D:

The characters that have the focus in HxH vary by arc since there are 4 protagonists. Sometimes you go a long time without seeing a particular person, but I promise you it doesn't matter.

If it makes you feel better,
Leorio is basically the MC in the currect manga arc
but unfortunately it's after the anime ends.

The characters that have the focus in HxH vary by arc since there are 4 protagonists. Sometimes you go a long time without seeing a particular person, but I promise you it doesn't matter.

If it makes you feel better,
Leorio is basically the MC in the currect manga arc
but unfortunately it's after the anime ends.
Ok that makes me feel better, I thought it was gonna pull a Naruto and neglect two of the 4 protagonist and focus on the protag on his best friend
i wanna so boyfriend so badly.

ultimax

And then when it's ultimax ILL BE THE SMARTEST FRIENDER AND YOULL ALL REGRET IT MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EntireScientificKingbird.gif

I don't listen to anime endings after the first time, so I don't remember any of the Hunter X Hunter ones. The OP is the literal only anime opening I've ever skipped past with every episode. Unbearable after 50 in a row.

I don't listen to anime endings after the first time, so I don't remember any of the Hunter X Hunter ones. The OP is the literal only anime opening I've ever skipped past with every episode. Unbearable after 50 in a row.

I thought the same until Chimera Ant. I don't know what the fuck did it but it just made it amazing again. I think it's because I knew the hype surrounding that arc and I was so pumped up to get to it.

I'm legitimately entertained by seeing your reactions to various episodes. xD

You're now realizing why I love watching stuff with people and seeing their reactions. :D

I thought the same until Chimera Ant. I don't know what the fuck did it but it just made it amazing again. I think it's because I knew the hype surrounding that arc and I was so pumped up to get to it.

I was like, "Wow this new animation looks really exciting and dark!" then it was really exciting and dark but they kept the same happy fun time adventure song and it tore me right out of the tone. Something really fucked up happens and then a Saturday morning cartoon show theme comes on and it really hurt the impact in a lot of places. At least for me.

If i were a Sol user i would be going super saiyan all the time.
Is he your main now?. People seem to have an issue finding a main nowadays.
It costs half meter, but I should really abuse it more, but the cooldown animation is pretty bad sometimes.
I prefer playing Ram, but I'm basically 50/50 playing him and Ram.

Fucking n3ds. 3 Dead pixels, so I gotta return it to EBgames...but I already completed the transfer. Which means I can't do so until another week. So I gotta hope they keep a monhun bundle in stock until friday afternoon, and then hope I can manage to do the transfer in store (they don't have internet in this store, so I might have to use my fucking phone as a mobile hotspot) and if that doesn't work I foresee a really tired argument.

Numb

It costs half meter, but I should really abuse it more, but the cooldown animation is pretty bad sometimes.
I prefer playing Ram, but I'm basically 50/50 playing him and Ram.
Ram was the character i wanted to play first but then i saw her gameplay that involved placements and puppet control and gave up.

Will pick up Bedman once i git decent at the game.
Sticking to slow man Potemkin till then.

Fucking n3ds. 3 Dead pixels, so I gotta return it to EBgames...but I already completed the transfer. Which means I can't do so until another week. So I gotta hope they keep a monhun bundle in stock until friday afternoon, and then hope I can manage to do the transfer in store (they don't have internet in this store, so I might have to use my fucking phone as a mobile hotspot) and if that doesn't work I foresee a really tired argument.

I saw your tweet. That really sucks, man. Talk about shit luck.

mike0dude

Man you can't catch a break with all this new technology eh.

Ram was the character i wanted to play first but then i saw her gameplay that involved placements and puppet control and gave up.

Will pick up Bedman once i git decent at the game.
Sticking to slow man Potemkin till then.
Well... You don't ACTUALLY have to play her puppet... Equiped Swords are really good at punishes.

If it's any consolation, your shilling got me to play monhun and I'll pick up the game in a week or 2 when it's available.

First your ps4, now this, sorry man that sucks :/

Also thanks for the shout out on todays mayrio rpg, even if you were just talking shit.

Beloved

It's like technology exists only to troll you.

Yeah same here, your shilling made me pay 40 bucks I really didn't have on a game I've never touched and might not even enjoy. Did the tutorial and got into the hub city for tonight though and I'm intrigued so far.

It's like technology exists only to troll you.

It's almost as if some deity hath blighted him.

Speaking of Ultimax, I got my capture card now and I might pick up Xrd this weekend as well so if you guys ever do tournaments and wanna stream them I'm the one that can make it happen!

*Raises eyebrow

It starts slow but the payoff with
Gon vs Hisoka
was worth it. Really everything involving
Hisoka and the learning of Nen
were fun parts of that arc.

Nen exposition is just tedium to me tho. It's my least favorite aspect of the series, they spend waaay too much explaining it, especially in that arc. It's dbz kai and stands, we get it untucked shirt guy! Geez...

But I'm glad I stuck it out, HxH gets so damn sick after the first two arcs. Yorknew and Chimera Ant arc especially.

Top Bottom