• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

I have no doubt in my mind she's as vanilla as they come. Missonary with lights off, then bed.

I dunno, the plain looking ones seem to have the most issues most of the time. It's a deep Woolie hole you may never escape from.

Also, Nintendo was a bro and let me link my NNID to my New 3DS. God damn tho, why is it such a hassle?

Xiraiya

Yeah I honestly didn't really detest the first half of SAO, I mean of course after all the dramatics you guys put on everyone is going to freak out like drama queens over the smallest flaws it has now.
Mob mentality influence and all that.

But back then right after it had come out, even though it was still kind of soapish in places, it was definitely not the worst thing I've seen, the second half of SAO is just shitty though.

Yeah I honestly didn't really detest the first half of SAO, I mean of course after all the dramatics you guys put on everyone is going to freak out like drama queens over the smallest flaws it has now.

But back then right after it had come out, even though it was still kind of soapish in places, it was definitely not the worst thing I've seen, the second half of SAO is just shitty though.
We exaggerate quite a bit but you could have cut out how many episodes from the first arc? That entire mystery plot could have been thrown out, along with the episode spent with beast tamer loli. I'll defend the fishing episode because apparently Asuna and Kirito's relationship matters so they have to show it off. There is plenty of stupid things and inconsistencies that happen as well.

I didn't really hate it but I was bored most of the way through it.

I will never forget sandwich-kun though
#RIP

Xiraiya

We exaggerate quite a bit but you could have cut out how many episodes from the first arc? That entire mystery plot could have been thrown out, along with the episode spent with beast tamer loli. I'll defend the fishing episode because apparently Asuna and Kirito's relationship matters so they have to show it off. There is plenty of stupid things and inconsistencies that happen as well.

Oh I don't really care about discussing the details of SAO.

What consoles do ya'll own?

I got:

Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
Playstation 3

I have an OG Xbox at my mom's place but no cables for it :(

Im just gonna throw this out there, those xbox one cable features are pretty useful.

this isn't sarcasm btw.

I would hope so after how much they marketed that feature :p

Neither do I. We're on here to have fun and hang out so of course we are going to exaggerate everything but the show has legitimate problems that would have bugged me no matter what environment I watched it in, that is all I'm trying to say

The fitst arc of sao is probly one of the best examples of missed potential I cant think of. An interesting world that could have had cool, interesting characters following a great story. But no, we got a mary sue who's supposed to be an ultra badass in a supposed romance with a main tsundere heroine who could have been a strong female lead. No, it's not as bad as we made it out to be, but it is still bad.

Alfebit

Banned

I didn't really hate it but I was bored most of the way through it.

I will never forget sandwich-kun though
#RIP

But the mystery plot had Raughing Coffin! They're important remember!

I got:

Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
Playstation 3

I have an OG Xbox at my mom's place but no cables for it :(

I would hope so after how much they marketed that feature :p
GameCube
Ps3
PS4
Wii
Wiiu
PS2
N64
Sega Saturn somewhere in my attic.
The only one that isn't hooked up with the Saturn and the 360

I don't really mean to call you out, but I wonder why you state your opinion and then immediately pull out of discussion. It's happened a few times. It's just weird seeing someone pull out rather than concede, considering you cared enough to comment.

Ignore me if I'm being a dick about this.
SNES
Gamboy Color
3 GBAs
2 GameCubes
2 PS2's
2 Dreamcasts
2 Wii's
PS3 (ded)
Wii U
PS4
(Couple DSes that all died)
Vita
3DSXL

Emouse

Currently set up I have, PS3, PS4, Xbox one & Wii U and a half decent PC, also N3DS & Vita

Older stuff that's on hand is: PS1&2, GameCube, Wii, Dreamcast, N64, SNES and a Mega Drive/Genesis, and also various older DS/GBA&PSP models too

I also have an X360 knocking about somewhere in the bottom of my wardrobe with an broken PS3

I have a lot of shit

Actually aside from the DSi XL and the 2DS I think there's at least one model of each DS released in this house

Tako

Who's down for more Xrd?
ywcmso.PNG

Xiraiya

I don't really mean to call you out, but I wonder why you state your opinion and then immediately pull out of discussion. It's happened a few times. It's just weird seeing someone pull out rather than concede, considering you cared enough to comment.

Ignore me if I'm being a dick about this.

I was just making a point that they get carried away about SAO when while it does have issues, I even agreed that it does, it doesn't warrant the reaction people end up having after fueling each other on.

It's pretty simple really.

Nordicus

I liked how the SAO at the beginning was mentioned having a jobless, classless system. Then threw it completely out the window by the 3rd episode

Between a PS4 and an Xbox One, which system would you say is more worthwhile?

They're both great and they're both gonna get better.

Right now, one has the From Soft and SUDA game and the other has the Platinum and SWERY game.

Personally I've gotten more use out of my xbox recently, but its up to you what you want.

I was just making a point that they get carried away about SAO when while it does have issues, I even agreed that it does. It doesn't warrant the reaction people end up having after fueling each other on.

It's pretty simple really.
Sure, but when people try to say it deserves a portion of it and give reasons you pulled out of discussing it. Of course, you don't have to defend your opinion, I'm just wondering why state it and then not do so.

So there's a 5 hour playthrough of The Order online. That basically means that the game is 8 hours long if you play it "normally" and supposedly it's lousy with unskippable cutscenes, maybe like 30-40% of the entire game. Barf.

Top Bottom