• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

sjay1994

I'm fucking fucked. I'm recording two sessions of video today, I woke up early today to try and reset my schedule, and one fucking day in it's 5am and I'm wondering if I should go to Tim Hortons and cram as much coffee and bagel into my face as I can manage because this god damn persona trailer is in 2 hours

I guess you should go for it, what keeps you going.

Also

e23b3c753abbc305f2229171e0fe14af.gif

Skrams

This is me legit asking, and not hating, but she looks....weird I dunno, like shes a bit too...i dunno...

IVE NEVER EVEN TOUCHED A DREAMCAST!!!

You probably shouldn't go there and also you chose a bad username if that's the case.

what a sexy beast

He looks sick, but now I'm bothered that it might get switched to Teddy for the english release.

I've been gone, so I guess I need to catch up on all the dancing all night content I missed.

zefraudcast over here.
WEVE GONE OVER THIS LIKE 30 TIMES!
You probably shouldn't go there and also you chose a bad username if that's the case.
oh I wasnt gonna say anything offensive, I dunno the model just looks weird like the propotions are off, but its probably just my imagination.

And the story behind my Username was that I went to a TBFP watch together and I thought id choose a username that was TBFP related and I know they always make fun of the dreamcast so I thought id use it and it sorta stuck.

Emouse

I'm tired, cold and my hands hurt and I sat in gridlock for over an hour because fuck London and these asswad bus drivers for striking, today is not fun

How is everyone?

Emouse

London buses on strike and I can't get to my college destination. I can just see my 100% attendance record shatter in front if my eyes

It's the worst, I imagine we're in different parts of London but it's seemingly happening everywhere, hooray for really awfuly managed public transport

Pat wants my waifu dead so fantastic.

Doesn't sound like a fun time! No ones waifu deserves to lose their laifu

Zenfalcia

I'm fucking fucked. I'm recording two sessions of video today, I woke up early today to try and reset my schedule, and one fucking day in it's 5am and I'm wondering if I should go to Tim Hortons and cram as much coffee and bagel into my face as I can manage because this god damn persona trailer is in 2 hours

IT'S FINE! Super fine!
Oh, is this the "fucking up your sleep cycle" party? I'll just grab a seat.

Welcome to the club.

It's the worst, I imagine we're in different parts of London but it's seemingly happening everywhere, hooray for really awfuly managed public transport
I was about to go home until I saw the bus I need come around the corner after 20 minutes of waiting. Now that I'm on one, i see there's still quite a few buses still running. Well in South London at least

Emouse

I was about to go home until I saw the bus I need come around the corner after 20 minutes of waiting. Now that I'm on one, i see there's still quite a few buses still running. Well in South London at least

I'm more NorthWest London and it's pretty bad here, I think the major route here isn't running which is just causing major delays for everyone, especially around the schools which is typical because that's where I need to get to, I ride a motorcycle too so I shouldn't even have an issue but everything was backed up so much I couldn't get through at all, it being bloody cold too doesn't help

demidar

Well I'm playing Bowser Inside Story while waiting for something--anything--to happen on the Purse Owner stream.

It's a pretty good game and Bowser should star in more games.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I'm more NorthWest London and it's pretty bad here, I think the major route here isn't running which is just causing major delays for everyone, especially around the schools which is typical because that's where I need to get to, I ride a motorcycle too so I shouldn't even have an issue but everything was backed up so much I couldn't get through at all, it being bloody cold too doesn't help

I remember working in Soho during the underground strike last year. The whole of central London was mad with idiots who thought riding one of the Boris bikes would be an adequate replacement without knowing what the traffic is like down there.

tumblr_lw6bkhAgYM1qzbics.gif

it was never about the damn inn!

OH NO I HAVE TO INHERIT THE INN OH GOD OH NO WAIT I GUESS I WILL LOL

Fucking Yukiko is so shit. All she can cook is poison, and all she does is act indecisive and then jump to being too decisive and slap Brosuke over nothing. Yukiko is a worthless waifu and she's only good for THREE THINGS

1. Healing spells
2. Fire Magic
3. Dying for you so that you survive the battle to go chill with Rise at the wherever who cares.

You know it'll probably just be the same fucking trailer with 2 extra seconds added on right?
Expect the worst and you'll never be surprised.

Also yes, Yukiko is a flip flopping mess. Then again so is Rise.

Ill say it for the 50th time the whole cast of P4 is super uninteresting, except Kanji, and Yukiko is my favorite design cause, red is her primary color and red is fucking great, and I got a thing for girls with hime cutes, or just long dark hair.

demidar

Fucking Yukiko is so shit. All she can cook is poison, and all she does is act indecisive and then jump to being too decisive and slap Brosuke over nothing. Yukiko is a worthless waifu and she's only good for THREE THINGS

1. Healing spells
2. Fire Magic
3. Dying for you so that you survive the battle to go chill with Rise at the wherever who cares.

So you're saying she should be an assassin.

Zenfalcia

Good morning thread.

So the first thing I see after waking up is you throwing out hilariously unprovoked hostility at fictional characters?

Good start to the day.

You're just in time for the amazing wait for potentially the most nothing trailer for P5.

You can't hide from the truth man.

Rise doesn't flip flop. She took a break from her rampant success to figure out what she wanted to do with her life. Unlike some red harpy that was literally being handed fortune after being a fucking shitheap and she's like uhhh i dunno i should let down my family and Im bad at everything

We've been over why you're wrong.

We've been over why you think I'm wrong. Rise's a flip flopper and this is fact.

I don't want to be an idol anymore, oh wait yes I do.

Rise doesn't flip flop. She took a break from her rampant success to figure out what she wanted to do with her life. Unlike some red harpy that was literally being handed fortune after being a fucking shitheap and she's like uhhh i dunno i should let down my family and Im bad at everything

She wanted to quit and only later decided that she just needed a break because she got all butthurt that someone else was getting roles she would have otherwise gotten.

Rise's nowhere near as indecisive and ridiculous as Yukiko is but she still does it.

1. Healing spells
2. Fire Magic
It was about getting a choice! It wasnt about inheriting the damn inn it was about her feeling forced into the role by her family, and society! She didnt wanna do it at first cause she felt she had no choice im the matter. And she thought he was hitting on her which Yosuke is known to do!
and at least she tries to get better at cooking unlike rise whos cooking tastes like nothing. Now lets see what rises useful for

1. Reminding me that there are two enemies left
2. Not getting a full scan like Fukka until her S link is maxed out
3.cant even die for you so you can hang out with based yukiko

We've been over why you think I'm wrong. Rise's a flip flopper and this is fact.

I don't want to be an idol anymore, oh wait yes I do.

Not quite. It's more like I can't handle being an idol because of all the creepy pressure society puts on me and I'm exhausted from showbiz. Compared to Yukiko being like man running my family inn is sooo hard because I'm incompetent. The basic deal is that Yukiko is being handed something but is so terrible she feels locked in, whereas Rise has to take a break from being too succesful than her own needs can't keep up.

Not quite. It's more like I can't handle being an idol because of all the creepy pressure society puts on me and I'm exhausted from showbiz. Compared to Yukiko being like man running my family inn is sooo hard because I'm incompetent. The basic deal is that Yukiko is being handed something but is so terrible she feels locked in, whereas Rise has to take a break from being too succesful than her own needs can't keep up.
What no everyone was saying "wow so youre gonna take over the inn right? Of course you are, you dont get a say at what you wanna do with your life cause were telling you to." Shes actually an amazing inn keeper, she just cant cook, but none of the girls can. At the end of the S link she realizes that she does have a choice, and that her family supports her with whatever she does and that just happens to be taking over the inn.

What no everyone was saying "wow so youre gonna take over the inn right? Of course you are, you dont get a say at what you wanna do with your life cause were telling you to." Shes actually an amazing inn keeper, she just cant cook, but none of the girls can. At the end of the S link she realizes that she does have a choice, and that her family supports her with whatever she does and that just happens to be taking over the inn.

Taking over the inn is going to be hard when she inexplicably gets murdered on screen at the end of the Dancing all night solo.

EDIT: Seriously though, there's a difference between momentarily succumbing to the active pressure of something you're doing and feeling trapped by future what ifs that aren't actually even happening. Rise ain't a flip flopper, that's Yuki-town fo sho

All right, I'll just shit on all the waifus:
Chie: A cool friendly girl who is basically part of the team from the start, but gives off a more "best friend" vibe than a potential romance.
Naoto: Probably the best background story, but her S-Link is very underutilized. Also Kanji trouble.
Rise: Not a flip flopper at all and is a passionate dedicated person, but also incredibly clingy and manipulative.
Marie: poorly written, hollow waifu bait forced into the story.
Yukiko: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I feel like this is still meant to shit on a single waifu more than the others...

It doesn't help that there are 2 more strikes on the 13th and 16th. And fuck your right, it's so goddamn cold I can't feel my hands anymore. It also started to rain/hail, fantastic...

Top Bottom