• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Zenfalcia

B9E35rxCMAAQl_c.jpg:large

FUUUUUUUCK

The hype is reall!!!!!

Xiraiya

You're just in time for the amazing wait for potentially the most nothing trailer for P5.
Oh that sounds fun.

We've been over why you think I'm wrong. Rise's a flip flopper and this is fact.
I don't want to be an idol anymore, oh wait yes I do.
Don't be so salty and judgmental of a nice young girl like Rise, this is why you won't find a nice woman.

Not quite. It's more like I can't handle being an idol because of all the creepy pressure society puts on me and I'm exhausted from showbiz. Compared to Yukiko being like man running my family inn is sooo hard because I'm incompetent. The basic deal is that Yukiko is being handed something but is so terrible she feels locked in, whereas Rise has to take a break from being too succesful than her own needs can't keep up.
Both my girlfriend and I have had this discussion with him, not the Yukiko part because she isn't worth wasting words on.

But the fact Rise's whole deal is that her passion is being an idol, and that she got tired of all the shitty parts of that business, so she needed some time off to figure herself out and all that, after she did that she saw what was happening in the business and knew she wanted to keep doing it, I don't really get how that's flip-flopping.

It would be like you temporarily legitimately being tired of doing the LP stuff because of certain shitty aspects, but then after going through a Scooby Doo adventure with your friends and reaching out to the truth, something makes you realize you still care about doing LPs and wanting to do so, only for people to be like "Wow Pat, what a goddamn fucking flipflopper."

Skrams

I love the smell of waifu wars in the morning.

It's also nice going with Chie since rarely anyone attacks you for it.

Please don't attack me.

ALSO HIS STANDPERSONA LOOKING HELLA RAD

Also does that mean he's like 5'6" or 5'8"? That seems kind of short, but also it's Japan so I don't know.

Taking over the inn is going to be hard when she inexplicably gets murdered on screen at the end of the Dancing all night solo.

EDIT: Seriously though, there's a difference between momentarily succumbing to the active pressure of something you're doing and feeling trapped by future what ifs that aren't actually even happening. Rise ain't a flip flopper, that's Yuki-town fo sho
but yukiko has been given this pressure of taking over the inn since she was a little kid, Rise choose to become an idol because of her low self esteem. Yukiko wasnt given a choice at all.

Zenfalcia

Oh that sounds fun.

Don't be so salty and judgmental of a nice young girl like Rise, this is why you won't find a nice woman.

Both my girlfriend and I have had this discussion with him, not the Yukiko part because she isn't worth wasting words on.

But the fact Rise's whole deal is that her passion is being an idol, and that she got tired of all the shitty parts of that business, so she needed some time off to figure herself out and all that, after she did that she saw what was happening in the business and knew she wanted to keep doing it, I don't really get how that's flip-flopping.

It would be like you temporarily legitimately being tired of doing the LP stuff because of certain shitty aspects, but then after going through a Scooby Doo adventure with your friends and reaching out to the truth, something makes you realize you still care about doing LPs and wanting to do so, only for people to be like "Wow Pat, what a goddamn fucking flipflopper."

It's always fun to wait hours for something.

Emouse

It doesn't help that there are 2 more strikes on the 13th and 16th. And fuck your right, it's so goddamn cold I can't feel my hands anymore. It also started to rain/hail, fantastic...

I completely forgot about those ones, man shit just gets worse and worse, and yeah its fucking cooold, when I got in to work my hands were completely red and I couldn't even hold a pen to sign myself in, not fun

Also what's this waifu war even about, everyone knows Aigis is the only choice

I always thought Thanatos' skirt of coffins was just a hair over the edge.
Eh I personally liked them, then again I was going through my darkness phase when i played p3 for the first time so that might have had something to do with it...but I still think thanatos is sick....BUT THIS GUY FUCK

Xiraiya

Going by the artwork yesterday of the masked guy, it makes me wonder if the whole thing about P5 is that we'll be the antagonist instead.

I didn't mind Thanatos, I preferred Izanagi.

Zenfalcia

Going by the artwork yesterday of the masked guy, it makes me wonder if the whole thing about P5 is that we'll be the antagonist instead.

Possibly, they have a lot of themes about crime and being a prisoner. Even the poster is like one of those police line ups for mugshots, etc.

It's looking like it'll revolve around more of an actual detective mystery theme than P4's Scooby Doo mystery theme. I'm okay with that.

Skrams

Giorno's chest opening is shaped like a heart. This new persona has a heart on his shoulder. Get ready for spiderman Persona in Persona 6.

God, he looks so fucking rad compared to Izanagi. Izanagi is very reserved, but this is just straight up evil demon shit. It's great. Also prepare for tipping of fedora/tophat jokes.

Giorno's chest opening is shaped like a heart. This new persona has a heart on his shoulder. Get ready for spiderman Persona in Persona 6.

God, he looks so fucking rad compared to Izanagi. Izanagi is very reserved, but this is just straight up evil demon shit. It's great. Also prepare for tipping of fedora/tophat jokes.
alas Persona zoned again.

The head is a god damn top hat you guys
I can't see shit

I completely forgot about those ones, man shit just gets worse and worse, and yeah its fucking cooold, when I got in to work my hands were completely red and I couldn't even hold a pen to sign myself in, not fun

Also what's this waifu war even about, everyone knows Aigis is the only choice
If my second bus doesn't arrive by 12pm then I'm going home,my hands feel like their gonna fall off any second now. All this hassle all because of different pay rates or something

Xiraiya

His Persona makes me think that it's like the
Magatsu-Izanagi version of whatever it is called and someone else will have the regular version.

Zenfalcia

People on twitter are telling me that the top of the poster says

"What awaits you is either Glory or Ruin"

Here's what a mod translated it to, which is about the same as what you said.
"What awaits us? Will it be glory? Or will it be destruction?" is what it says in the top-left. More or less.

No, that's kind of a story premise thing. Persona doesn't have SMTs choice. It's not its way.

It does have the final choice for bad ending and good ending.

Skrams

This better not be fucking region locked. Who is publishing this again?

It's coming out on PS3. PS3 games are rarely region locked as far as I know. Why would you even buy it though considering the language barrier?

Inb4 the reveal is that poster.

Not like you'll be able to understand it anyway.
Unless you can, in which case TEACH ME SENPAI

inb4 we hit 7 AM EST and then get another countdown for 5 minutes then a piece of the poster then 4 minutes then another piece of the poster then 3 minutes and so on.

I showed my friend that poster and his reaction is to respond to me with the following video.

the fuck

It's coming out on PS3. PS3 games are rarely region locked as far as I know. Why would you even buy it though considering the language barrier?

inb4 we hit 7 AM EST and then get another countdown for 5 minutes then a piece of the poster then 4 minutes then another piece of the poster then 3 minutes and so on.

He means for Europe. P4Arena was the only region locked game on PS3.

This better not be fucking region locked. Who is publishing this again?
Atlus. So sorry EU
No, that's kind of a story premise thing. Persona doesn't have SMTs choice. It's not its way.
Huh its got me fucking intrigued thats for sure, like so far we have 4 things for this game, the chair trailer, glasses trailer, the mask poster, and this poster...ugh so little info but at the same time so much!

Alfebit

Banned

M'Persona.

Understand what? This game is definitely going to come to the US.

I figured you'd want to import it from JP so you can avoid spoilers since it's not a simul release as far as I know.

The hypest 6 am posters.

It's a joke on DmC. AngryJoe used that song when doing his review of it to make fun of the new Dante.

Top Bottom