• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

irGF0CM.png

I NEED BLONDE BRO AVATAR ASAP PLEASE!

Skrams

It's not an uncommon thing to do, but I really like the lack of detail on characters that aren't you. On the train everyone seems to have no eyes. Also you have a fucking cat in your party. A cat. That cat helps you plan a heist in a fucking bar. A cat. Man, the style of this trailer and UI during the battle is really cool.

There's also the what I assume to be mockup of the menu. Skill, Item, Equip, Persona, Party, Cooperation, Mission, and System. Then you got Weapon, Gun, Protector, Accessory, and Clothes under the equip tab. Then there's the lab for weird shenanigans.
Also we're heisting from shadows. This is all weird and I want it.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I'm meant to be working editing MMO dialogue, but I'm going to take a half hour break now to watch the trailer looped a dozen times while eating a microwave cheeseburger. So good.

ultimax

Wait...so now that we get to transform into personas....DOES THIS MEAN WE FINALLY GET TO PLAY AS MARA? YES.

I can't wait till half of the thread have P5 avatars.
It won't happen, but that's the lack of sleep talking.
Still not as good as cake avatars

Okingjrr

Don't be that guy.

Play P3 and P4 and find out, or don't.
I'm just asking for arguments to justify getting the hardware needed to play those games.

Watch the trailer and don't not get hype

Watch the fucking trailer!
I'm in school, I'll watch it when I get the chance.
Because FUCKING PERSONA THAT'S WHY.

But no it's fine if you don't get it.
Well I see you guys lose your collective shits over the games.
I wanna know, can you show me! *Cue strangers like me*

Zenfalcia

Alright. Let's watch this P5. Maybe if we're lucky they'll show 5 seconds gameplay foot--

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. OH MY GOD.

OH

OH

OH

OH.

THE HYPE IS REALLLLLL.
Wait...so now that we get to transform into personas....DOES THIS MEAN WE FINALLY GET TO PLAY AS MARA? YES.

Still not as good as cake avatars

Shhhh.... shhh.... Just be hyped.
So did anyone else think that someone in the trailer looked a lot like the MC of Cathrine?

I thought it was weird how similar he looks.

Skrams

Heist, Stealth Gameplay, Sort of Evil Protag, Catherine, Catherine Bar, Durarara, CatCatCat, Detective Conan, Lupin, Musiccccc, Kamen Rider Pose, Twins for Velvet Room Assistant, and man he looks a lot like Vincent. Also his persona enveloping all of him is the weirdest and best thing.

So did anyone else think that someone in the trailer looked a lot like the MC of Cathrine?

Yes. It was really obvious looking when he was in the cell. That's at least when I first thought it looked that way. It'd also be funny if your main hideout is that bar/cafe/diner thing where you're planning the heist with the cat and others.

Xiraiya

I'm just asking for arguments to justify getting the hardware needed to play those games.
Well if you don't already know about/have a PS3/PS4 for other games then I doubt it's worth it.

I assume the full character party will be more than those 3, all the Party members that aren't Highschoolers might actually be famous thieves/prisoners you break out or something, such as that Catherine looking guy.

Skrams

I assume the full character party will be more than those 3, all the Party members that aren't Highschoolers might actually be famous thieves/prisoners you break out or something, such as that Catherine looking guy.

I'd imagine so with there being a Party menu option. That Catherine looking guy is just the MC too. I doubt it'd be some other guy that just happens to look exactly the same.

They do look a bit older than your typical Persona characters

They're still high schoolers. He gets knocked in the head with an eraser or something. I have to imagine it's an abandoned bar or something.

Xiraiya

Wait, there was a Persona 5 trailer? Someone tell me what happened, I can't get on youtube where i'm at.
jvtqrn.gif

I genuinely interested in the series, just don't have the proper push.
P4G's on the Vita. And I don't know what the best version of P3 is.
True enough, P3P is pretty fun, it doesn't have overworld running around (It's a point and click thing instead which I still liked) but Dungeons and battles are all 3D and the same as the console versions of Persona 3.

Skrams

So, we got

Igor coming back
Twin velvet room attendants
Demons as regular enemies
Guns return
Stealth sections
Co-op mode?

Anyone else think they look like two twin girls? One has a ponytail and the other has buns.

Also surprised Guns and Weapons are a separate thing.

If cooperation in the menu really means coop then fucking whattttt. I'm also curious for what Mission means. I should go see if someone has already translated some shit so I can figure out what the lady doctor is for.

Wondering who the fuck that is at :42 in the trailer too. The mask doesn't look like the others to me. There's also a tail.

Huh so I dont think co operation means coop, I think thats replacing SLinks and are basically S Links but only exist with your party member and you guys work better together, or your Cooperation increases.

Top Bottom