• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Holy shit. Was asleep but woke up to pee. Checked the stream and watched that P5 vid. Fucking hype overload. Now back to sleep. P5 has finally came, and so have I.

What I expected: another installment into the dating sim/RPG gameplay of P3/4 with a few tweaks and some minor adjustments to graphics, gameplay, and such.
What I got: OH MY GOD FUCKING NINJA FLIPS, NO MORE SOCIAL LINKS, AW FUCK JUST ACTUALLY GO TO CLASS, YOURE KINDA EVIL AND YOU GOT A CAT SIDE KICK WHERE YOU STEAL SHIT AND STEALTH AND FUUUUUUCK

Oh man the hype is so real. I never thought that Igor was going to come back. The last scene with the MC transforming or whatever is the hypest shit

croten

What I expected: another installment into the dating sim/RPG gameplay of P3/4 with a few tweaks and some minor adjustments to graphics, gameplay, and such.
What I got: OH MY GOD FUCKING NINJA FLIPS, NO MORE SOCIAL LINKS, AW FUCK JUST ACTUALLY GO TO CLASS, YOURE KINDA EVIL AND YOU GOT A CAT SIDE KICK WHERE YOU STEAL SHIT AND STEALTH AND FUUUUUUCK

I don't think he's supposed to be evil, he'll probably be more of a Robin Hood figure
Yeah, it does! I'm really surprised by how great it looks, actually. A massive step forward from P3/P4.

Well P4 was on the PS2 and came out 6-7 years ago. This has to look good.

I don't think he's supposed to be evil, he'll probably be more of a Robin Hood figure
Well they said that they arent going to be straight up good guys, theyre gonna be chasing their own form of justice.
Also im hoping for better waifus, I dont like blondes...

Xiraiya

S-Links are probably called something else now, if there was really no mechanic like that then most of my hype for the game would die, that's like 60% of why I like Persona.

Skrams

I'm debating in my head whether or not I should spend more than $100 importing the special edition of P4 DAN. I want it bad. It also only has 29 songs compared to Miku 1's 32 or so? That's kind of lame. Whatever, Miku doesn't have sweet Nanako dancing. Everyday Young Life Junesu.

Xiraiya

I'm debating in my head whether or not I should spend more than $100 importing the special edition of P4 DAN. I want it bad. It also only has 29 songs compared to Miku 1's 32 or so? That's kind of lame. Whatever, Miku doesn't have sweet Nanako dancing. Everyday Young Life Junesu.
Why would you waste so much money on a dancing game?

croten

Well they said that they arent going to be straight up good guys, theyre gonna be chasing their own form of justice.
Also im hoping for better waifus, I dont like blondes...

Robin Hood wasn't technically a straight up good guy. Yu Reached out to the Truth, Harry Potter is going to steal it.

Because Rhythm games are actually really fun?

grimmiq

Didn't a trailer or teaser that was released last year have some screens or billboards showing 3-4 characters in the background that people thought were party members? Did that happen and do they look anything like the 3 we've seen, or am I completely wrong?

Each S-Link will end with you going on a heist to get them that special item they've always wanted that will make them want to do the (b)romance thing with you.

did you see the menus and hear the sick tunes?!?!
Of course, but everyone is already saying the same things, I didn't want to do a full hype write up about shit we are all already yelling about.

So with the setting being around thieves, do you guys think Naoto is gonna come back and work against you? Atlus loves P4 characters and If personas are involved I'm sure she would be interested in a case like this and investigate right away. She may even have to bring in buddy cop Chie in to act as the muscle

People hate the idea of P4 characters being shoehorned in, but they could actually do it and be easily justified.
I'm not saying I want this by the way, just saying it could happen

demidar

S Links might be gone, but the socializing concept is still probably there.

Gotta do something when you're walking around the city.

That said, that part where you're just walking around the city was great. I hope that part is expanded a lot more, maybe a small open district like in Yakuza.

Numb

JUST WOKE UP TO SOME FANCY P5 NEWS
I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE SLY COOPER IN A PERSONA GAME!
please come to EU

I could care less if people got upset at Naoto and Chie being in P5. I wouldn't get along with those people anyway.

It's Naoto and Chie.

croten

Of course, but everyone is already saying the same things, I didn't want to do a full hype write up about shit we are all already yelling about.

So with the setting being around thieves, do you guys think Naoto is gonna come back and work against you? Atlus loves P4 characters and If personas are involved I'm sure she would be interested in a case like this and investigate right away. She may even have to bring in buddy cop Chie in to act as the muscle

People hate the idea of P4 characters being shoehorned in, but they could actually do it and be easily justified.
Chie will be the new Dojima in charge and Naoto will be the detective they called in to help.

Gotta do something when you're walking around the city.

That said, that part where you're just walking around the city was great. I hope that part is expanded a lot more, maybe a small open district like in Yakuza.
Huh maybe thats what those scenes of them just chilling are, getting your Cooperation up.

Zenfalcia

I was thinking about that too. Since there'll be detectives trying to catch the thieves.

Skrams

I really like the Miku games. I also want the OST in the collectors edition. I'm also convincing myself it's a birthday present for myself. Although if the US version comes out with the same CE content then I'll probably just hold off. I also want to feel cool since I haven't imported a game yet.

Didn't know Akira Yamaoka has remixed Time to Make History for Dancing All Night

I also did a double take when first seeing that. It seems he likes Persona music from looking at his twitter.

...Personer talk?

I'm going back to bed.

Worst Post

And she appears in her Naoto x Detective outfit.

I would fucking buy copies and hand them out for free.

3366123+_2e450d155edac8e03e6967b521f1da18.jpg

croten

I really like the Miku games. I also want the OST in the collectors edition. I'm also convincing myself it's a birthday present for myself. Although if the US version comes out with the same CE content then I'll probably just hold off. I also want to feel cool since I haven't imported a game yet.

I would only import a game due to a delayed release which I might have to do for P5

The only game i've ever imported was All Star Battle's collector's edition.

I'm also trying to wrap my head around the fact that MGS:V and Persona 5 release in the same damn year. It's insane my hype boner is off the charts

Top Bottom