• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Can anyone help me out with making a P5 avatar? I want it to be the the gif where the protagonist has what looks like blood on his face and his eyes are yellow.

Maya was pretty cool, but
it just doesn't feel the same when she's a silent protagonist.

B-but it's whoop ass time....

You think so? I'm thinking Summer to Fall-ish for DAN.

DAN isn't coming out in Japan till the summer. And since both Sony and Atlus have both come out and said p5 is coming this year, it'll probably be here by November the latest since most games ship before the holidays. Around the time DAN would probably take to get translated and localized.

Of course Atlus would be fucking insane to release them both at the same time BUT WHO CARES P5 LOOKS AWESOME. Everything about dancing all night can fuck off forever because the new era is here!

It's okay we are here for you...for nyah

tumblr_mvj9n2YhH11r4sj1co6_500.gif

Can anyone help me out with making a P5 avatar? I want it to be the the gif where the protagonist has what looks like blood on his face and his eyes are yellow.

image.php

Don't use this. It's Xiraiya's
DAN isn't coming out in Japan till the summer. And since both Sony and Atlus have both come out and said p5 is coming this year, it'll probably be here by November the latest since most games ship before the holidays. Around the time DAN would probably take to get translated and localized.

Of course Atlus would be fucking insane to release them both at the same time BUT WHO CARES P5 LOOKS AWESOME. Everything about p4 except the fighting game can fuck off forever because the new era is here!

The rule of the day is no p4 whining.

I still like silent protags, but I get why they annoy people.

I think its the worst. I don't put myself inside a game as a character. Especially now where it just destroys any kind of immersion when people are calling you by an awkward nickname or surname to hide that fact too and your character just says nothing in return.

Have a character call the MC by their actual name and have them respond like a normal character.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think its the worst. I don't put myself inside a game as a character. Especially now where it just destroys any kind of immersion when people are calling you by an awkward nickname or surname to hide that fact too and your character just says nothing in return.

I like it when Rise calls me senpai. :3

Xiraiya

Think of my reply as misses bull posting the Spongebob imagination picture.

360pages

What is wrong with the P5 trailer? And what does it have to do with P4. Internet has been down for awhile at my house so...

Jojo part 4 spoilers

Wow, everyone and their damn grandma are stand users in this town. I think there's like 4 characters who aren't.

It doesn't interrupt my immersion at all. I get why people think a randomly mute character is dumb, but I think it's just fine. It's a very simple way to write, but it doesn't bother me.

360pages

It works much better in something like Dark Souls or most Western/Western-styled RPGs, but its terrible in a majority of JRPGs.

It works in Dragon Quest...the only game I feel it falls flat is DQ9 (Ironically since it's the only game that lets you change your appearance) mostly because all of your party is also create a character.

Hell, the EO series, your entire party is create a characters.

It works in Dragon Quest...the only game I feel it falls flat is DQ9 (Ironically since it's the only game that lets you change your appearance) mostly because all of your party is also create a character.

Hell, the EO series, your entire party is create a characters.

Create a character parties are awful and are the fastest way to make me stop playing a JRPG. It's why the EO demo was such a turnoff.

I like it when Rise calls me senpai. :3

tumblr_mmuhblmOPy1sr4wq2o1_250.gif

Think of my reply as misses bull posting the Spongebob imagination picture.

I don't really play games with an imagination. If I'm getting a heavy amount of dialogue it just seems weird to have a long awkward silence when the MC is just standing there silenty and no one is referring to him by name. It makes them feel like third wheel of the party.

I do prefer when the silent character has a name, though, ala Gordon Freeman. The text on screen not matching the VA causing a tiny, temporary rift of dissonance.

360pages

Create a character parties are awful and are the fastest way to make me stop playing a JRPG. It's why the EO demo was such a turnoff.

Well, you can also play the super casualized Untold for a party/characters.

But then you won't be able to customize your team very much. But I think it's a fair trade off if story is so important to you. Classic mode for customization/Party Building Freedom and the other for people who want a story.

It works much better in something like Dark Souls or most Western/Western-styled RPGs, but its terrible in a majority of JRPGs.

"Whatever"

(I hope Care Bear won't be mad at me later. I have stuff to do like save the world.)

I do prefer when the silent character has a name, though, ala Gordon Freeman. The text on screen not matching the VA causing a tiny, temporary rift of dissonance.

He's the worst kind of silent protag, because we know what he looks like and we have background info on him, but we're supposed to be him and do all of these action movie things?

joe2187

Banned
I always name my create a character something stupid and immature

The Adventures of Shithead in Dragon Age origins were legendary.

Top Bottom