• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

croten

Sure, I'm just saying speaking my opinion in saying that
Catherine is pretty much the worse choice in every possible way. She may represent chaos, but you actually have to go for the character in order to do that route, which is a poor decision and the ending even confirms just that. Besides, you'd be a cheating piece of shit by going with Catherine as well. I'm not looking at this in a "What kind of girl would I go for" perspective (If I were to do so, I'd still go for Katherine and stability a billion times before going for an unstable, terrible human being like Catherine), as Vincent is not a blank slate, but a character of his own in a situation of his own.

I agree with you completely, though I do think you are supposed to put yourself into Vincent, he may not be a blank slate but he doesn't know how to live his life you have to make those decisions for him, you have to decide what is best for him. Some people don't want commitment, some people want a
succubus harem

I agree with you completely, though I do think you are supposed to put yourself into Vincent, he may not be a blank slate but he doesn't know how to live his life you have to make those decisions for him, you have to decide what is best for him. Some people don't want commitment, some people want a
succubus harem
We all know the 9th secret ending is the true one anyway

Cathrine 9 spoiler
Where you are so good at block puzzles, the Afro host reveals that she is the god of love and she wants you to be her partner

jUS3TDp.png

This took so much longer than I thought but I got it perfect

Oberon

Banned
I just found out that there's some sort of weeb convention on the 14th and 15th.
It's actually genius that they do it during Valentines day and on the release date of Monster hunter 4.

Raidou games are actually prequels to the SMTverse. they're not directly connected to Devil Survivor, Raidou is Devil Summoner.

I meant DS as Devil Summoner. Did the PSPmake for Devil Summoner on the Saturn never get localized?

EDIT: Actually neither did, okay never mind

I did more looking up RK games are prequels to DS. I need all four now and only the RK game are on PSN.

EDIT: FUCKING SMT WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY GAMES
Its genius tho. Pumping out really budget games with good themes and concepts is what I need. I think most of my backlog is MegaTen games.
I meant DS as Devil Summoner. Did the PSPmake for Devil Summoner on the Saturn never get localized?
Yeah since PSP games are hard to localize apparently. RIP Eternal Punishment remake...

croten

Then don't give your character a very clear pre-existing personality and situation. How am I supposed to put myself into Vincent if he is the opposite of who I am? I can try to see it from his point of view, but I can't see myself as him when he is his own character the whole way through, with his own dialog and line of thinking.
He's a passive shit who can't stop pussyfooting around every fucking decision in his life. He refuses to either either commit to a relationship or get out of it by breaking up and would rather stand on the sidelines of his own life in the hopes that nothing will change or progress. Catherine is the temptress, trying to lure you to make the wrong decision. If you do, you end up with nothing at the end of the game. If you go with Katherine, Vincent enters what is seemingly a happy marriage. One ending is with Vincent happy, the other is with him not.

Again, even when taking them as representations of law and chaos, it's unbalanced. If we were to say that freedom of commitment to a relationship is chaos, then the fact that Vincent could just break up with Katherine at any time means she could represent both law and chaos? Catherine is merely chaos, the temptation of having a horny girl riding your dick all the time with no responsibilities or decision making tied to you.

If you break up with Kathrine that would assume you are abandoning order would it not? I don't see how she represents both. Staying with Kathrine is Order, it's having a commitment. Siding with Cathrine is chaos, choosing neither is neutral.

Top Bottom