• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Mathaou

legacy of cane
With all this P5 hype, I'm not surprised if any one has forgotten about the Xenoblade Chronicles X direct tomorrow

Wait, what? I didn't even know this was a thing.

Also, how is the Destiny OT on it's 17th thread? What do they even talk about? Are they like us?

Armaly

So I have my friend designing some fightstick artwork for me. Could I get some opinions from you guys?

We've gone through two mock ups so far. The backgrounds are just place holders.

Mockup #1:

jsNcUaT.jpg

Mockup #2:

Mockup #2.1:

I know that there's a severe difference in pixel quality between the sprites that needs to be addressed. Just thought of the idea of adding a pixel rose/muscle drink border for each side. Also considering getting rid of the middle thunderbolt sprites or maybe all the sprites. What do you guys think? Any ideas/recommendations? Thanks.

So I have my friend designing some fightstick artwork for me. Could I get some opinions from you guys?

Mockup #1:
Mockup #2:
Mockup #2.1:

I know that there's a severe difference in pixel quality between the sprites that needs to be addressed. Just thought of the idea of adding a pixel rose/muscle drink border for each side. Also considering getting rid of the middle thunderbolt sprites or maybe all the sprites. What do you guys think? Any ideas/recommendations? Thanks.

I'm really liking #1 in comparison to the other two, since they're a bit too busy for my tastes.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Mockup #1:

Mockup #2:

Mockup #2.1:

1 or 2.1. 2 is too lazy, that's a goddamn gradient.

How can people get 17 threads outta nothing?

Shitposting. Only explaination.

croten

There are almost four times as many people posting there. Despite our speed being insane, we're not going to be able to keep up with a massively popular game's fanbase too easily.

We do have more regulars though. While they're highest poster is little over 126 posts out of 2759 total in that thread we have far more.

Armaly

You have a good friend

Indeed, it only cost me 1 little mac amiibo.

I'm really liking #1 in comparison to the other two, since they're a bit too busy for my tastes.
Yeah, I think we went a little overboard with the sprites. Do you think deleting 1 or 2 sets might help or do you just hate them all?

1 or 2.1. 2 is too lazy, that's a goddamn gradient.

None of the backgrounds are final. Trying to get opinions on what primary background color to use.

Neol

Mockup #1:

Mockup #2:

Mockup #2.1:

I dig 1.

Feel like 2 and 3 has too much going on. When I look at a fight stick I want it to be simple and pleasing too the eye at one glance.

Yeah, I think we went a little overboard with the sprites. Do you think deleting 1 or 2 sets might help or do you just hate them all?

I think replacing the small "Vs" set of sprites on the bottom right with the clash on the bottom of the other ones with a bit of a lightning effect would be pretty sick. And it's not that I hate the other two, they're just not as good as the first example.

croten

True, though their OT16 has even more people than the one they have now, whereas ours have already been visited by practically all of the regular posters. We do have people with massive amounts of posts, but a relatively large amount of members have less than 10 posts to their name. Having a small group of dedicated posters is fine, but when the opposition probably has 5x the amount of people you have, they don't need to post that much individually. They went through their previous thread in less than two weeks and you have to keep in mind that Destiny's popularity has decreased since its release. Try to imagine the speed of OTs back at its peak. It's probably one of the biggest reasons why they're ahead.

Oh I'm not disagreeing I'm just saying that we have a tighter community

Mathaou

legacy of cane
True, though their OT16 has even more people than the one they have now, whereas ours have already been visited by practically all of the regular posters. We do have people with massive amounts of posts, but a relatively large amount of members have less than 10 posts to their name. Having a small group of dedicated posters is fine, but when the opposition probably has 5x the amount of people you have, they don't need to post that much individually. They went through their previous thread in less than two weeks and you have to keep in mind that Destiny's popularity has decreased since its release. Try to imagine the speed of OTs back at its peak. It's probably one of the biggest reasons why they're ahead.

We have like 30 or so regular or semi regular posters. I feel like many potential new posters are off put by how tight knit we are and how often we are off topic. They have to kind of shove their way in or lurk us for a while to see how we work, then seamlessly assimilate into our conversations. Also how fast we move is off putting.

croten

Oh absolutely! This is one of the tightest communities I've ever seen. I'm definitely not trying to compare them to us in that regard, I'm strictly talking about post speed.

I'd also say that individually we have people who post far more than any one person in those threads but they definitely trump us in numbers

Xiraiya

We have like 30 or so regular or semi regular posters. I feel like many potential new posters are off put by how tight knit we are and how often we are off topic. They have to kind of shove their way in or lurk us for a while to see how we work, then seamlessly assimilate into our conversations. Also how fast we move is off putting.

Or just kind of jump in and not think too hard about it, most of you are truly weirdos, some of you have things you could probably do with working on (Who doesn't?)
But over all everyone in the community is surprisingly nice and good people on average, and that is a lot more than I can say about other places, anyone wanting to jump in and post should just do it if they haven't done so, no one bites.

Zenfalcia

I suppose you're right. All I could say to those that are a bit put off by these things to join us anyway. Best friends talk is generally more a side-subject at this point, but it's still the best place to talk about them. And if you notice that people aren't talking about things you like, start up a conversation and people will surely follow. Once you get to know us, you'll realize we can be weird, but really nice people.
I for one love all of you guys and girls =)
I barely spend time on the rest of gaf anymore.

There's more to the Neo than this place? Are you sure you're not lying to me?

Beloved

Or just kind of jump in and not think too hard about it, most of you are truly weirdos, some of you have things you could probably do with working on (Who doesn't?)
But over all everyone in the community is surprisingly nice and good people on average, and that is a lot more than I can say about other places, anyone wanting to jump in and post should just do it if they haven't done so, no one bites.

I bite a lil bit tho

There are a few one offs, I remember when CthulhuSushi first joined he pretty much fitted in here day one

Top Bottom