• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

croten

If somebody could just throw a comic sans 5 next to Nep-Nep on my avatar, that'd be great.

This isn't getting in the way of anything, right?
3eYW9V2.png

From the Megaten subreddit

MC is just called MC, meaning he's your typical SMT Silent protag
Blonde Guy: Tatsushi Sakamoto
Cat: Morgana
Blonde girl: Hard to tell because of the kanji but it's either "Anna Takamaki" or "Anzu Takamaki”

Do you know if it's better to do a genre shift in a story or keep the tone consistent?

Depends on the story and tone. If it's like Shonen Jump style shifting genres just to keep ratings up then it's probably for the worse. But if you plan a genre shift from the start then it can be a fun twist.

I wrote a story for school that was 20 pages long, 15 of it were a family sitcom, then on page 16 all of the family was murdered by an ancient martial arts master, having the youngest son walk into the house to see him covered in their blood and vowing to get vengeance through learning the way of Karate.

It was fun and people loved the twist.

360pages

Depends on the story and tone. If it's like Shonen Jump style shifting genres just to keep ratings up then it's probably for the worse. But if you plan a genre shift from the start then it can be a fun twist.

I wrote a story for school that was 20 pages long, 15 of it were a family sitcom, then on page 16 all of the family was murdered by an ancient martial arts master, having the youngest son walk into the house to see him covered in their blood and vowing to get vengeance through learning the way of Karate.

It was fun and people loved the twist.

Maybe, hmm. I know Negima genre shift was for the better...

croten

P5 will be the first Persona game I'll actually own, so I'm hoping to god that since it's a console release, we'll get a Japanese audio option.

I am not listening to 200 hours of dubbed Persona, I just refuse.

Did P4 or P3 have a Japanese option in the western releases? If not this one will probably be the same

Xiraiya

The only non offensive dub character in Persona 4 was Kanji, he was actually decent and had some good moments, Yu was fine too, for obvious reasons.

Did P4 or P3 have a Japanese option in the western releases? If not this one will probably be the same
Not so much, but they're both pretty damn old, it's a fairly common thing these days.

croten

The only non offensive dub character in Persona 4 was Kanji, he was actually decent and had some good moments, Yu was fine too, for obvious reasons.

Not so much, but they're both pretty damn old, it's a fairly common thing these days.

P4G isn't that old, if they were going to do it they would have done it then.

Nope, they usually dont do dual audio

it's a stretch but maybe it had something to do with the dvd sizes? This is their first game that uses Blu Ray right? Catherine used blu ray on PS3 but the xbox version was on dvd as well so I could see that being a reason not to include it in that game. just making bullshit up of course, The music in nocturne is compressed to all hell and I'm grasping at straws

Oberon

Banned
There is a difference between refusing all dub and just having standards as to what is acceptable in dub form.

Persona is not one of those acceptable things.

What?
I mean, I am the kind of guys who turned off the VA in p3 because there was no japanese option, but I don't think that they were that bad.

360pages

Ya'll never played Chaos Wars. Unless the Dub is that bad, I can easily stand it/enjoy it. I would never watch a JoJo dub, mostly because it's impossible for my brain to switch the voices.

Top Bottom