• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

One of the smallest things that I appreciate the most is the dub calling, for example, Jones-San, Mr. Jones in the english dub.

So small but I really appreciate it.
That's so good, no one needs to hear -san/-chan/-senpai outloud, only in your head when you read it
Let's petition for tri-audio. English, Japanese and Spanish Telenovela
Complete with dramatic zooming and panning?
Could you? I never played it, if they did then maybe it will be unlockable in P5.
I haven't either, guess I'll find out in a few months

Ya'll never played Chaos Wars. Unless the Dub is that bad, I can easily stand it/enjoy it. I would never watch a JoJo dub, mostly because it's impossible for my brain to switch the voices.

I actually did play Chaos Wars. Fuck that game, but the dub was so bad it became fun.

image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php

ultimax

P5 MC would just murder Yosuke if he even tried to give him shit once.
"DUDE I NEED YOU TO HELP ME OUT AT JUNES!"

jvtqrn.gif

it's a stretch but maybe it had something to do with the dvd sizes? This is their first game that uses Blu Ray right? Catherine did on PS3 but the xbox version was on dvd as well. just making bullshit up of course, The music in nocturne is compressed to all hell and I'm grasping at straws

Wait Catherine had dual audio?

Underscoring the need to intensify KPA services' maneuvers of striking carrier task group of the U.S. imperialist aggressor forces, he said if the KPA steadily studies and rounds off the war methods of mercilessly striking the enemy's backbone by the guerrillas-style combat method, well aware of his weak points, it is quite possible to send even a carrier to the bottom of the sea. He gave important instructions for bolstering up the operation capabilities of the units of all services.
Translation: The NK navy shot a small island they thought was a US carrier.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
You all might remember this post from way back in the day of OT9:

Sprites and a character portrait for a game I've been making in RPG maker off and on for about a year. What do ya'll think?

I was still a babby, but I have really overhauled the story. I kept the same premise of:
This is what I've got so far:

It involves 2 countries surrounded by mountains, completely cut off from the outside world.

The two countries, Piege and Links, suddenly start warring when the king of Piege (a monarchy) is assassinated. With literally one person to suspect, they attack Links (a parliament). This war results in a 50 year long stalemate, since both countries are equal in every regard, economically, militarily, and technologically. During the 30th year of the war, Piege has a sudden rush of technological innovation within the span of a month. This event, called the Divine Gift, kickstarts a program called the Peacekeeper program.

The goal of the Peacekeeper program is to create a type of soldier better than anything that Links can throw at them, and quickly end the war. Several hundred clones are engineered of a single soldier, and they are all bred to be what the government wants them to be - killing machines. But then, on the 20th birthday of the clones, when they were supposed to be deployed, both countries come to terms on a peace treaty. The Peacekeepers are dismissed and sent into the reserves, since they are technically just soldiers, but since one of the conditions of the treaty was drastic decrease in military strength on both sides, many are just discharged.

The main character, Jack, or PK71 as he is known legally, is one of the soldiers who were discharged. The story is about Jack, and coming to terms with finding new meaning in his life after being discharged, as well as uncovering the truth to every event in the past 50 years, including the start of the war and the history of both countries.

I'm thinking of rehauling it, perhaps eliminating the gameplay altogether, and making the character of Jack just a soldier, and he interacts with peacekeepers.

What do you all think? I think I have a pretty good story idea that could replace that old one, which I will post soon.

This is so weird. I made like three posts in a row that got completely sandbagged. That's never happened. I must be off my game today.
Guess I'll watch Ippo. ROLLING GO!

Top Bottom