• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Its probably everyone's ignorance on the first three Persona games, but that really gets on my nerves when people shit talk them. I guess people can pick on me with my weird taste in battle mechanics in RPGs (eg:p2)

I wonder if I even have a gimmick? Or am I just a less weird Aaron who's handicapped? Is my Confident Shameless Passionate Narcissist thing just a weaksauce version of Aaron's? These are the questions that fail to keep me up at night.

Insult me if you can.

semisonic

Banned
Its probably everyone's ignorance on the first three Persona games, but that really gets on my nerves when people shit talk them. I guess people can pick on me with my weird taste in battle mechanics in RPGs (eg:p2)

Is this cause I shit on p2 earlier?
I don't even have an opinion on that yet
You're good, man

I wonder if I even have a gimmick? Or am I just a less weird Aaron who's handicapped? Is my Confident Shameless Passionate Narcissist thing just a weaksauce version of Aaron's? These are the questions that fail to keep me up at night.

Insult me if you can.

I think you're a way better version of me. You make salient points way more often and have a Dai Gurren flag.

Don't take that actually personally
GET IT

But really, there's plenty of P2 love in here, a good amount really. Those jokes are more bittersweet laughter for me now.
Nah it was mostly on that Persona stream thread
ohhhhh
yeahhhh
nooooo
I think you're pretty theatrical. I imagine you're super captivating in person from how much attitude goes in your posts.

I ain't never runnin' out! Fuckers die 2 fast!

I beat it other ways! And those movies are just too mean spirited for me man! I can't handle it!
cudepejwy3cddui4ldgm.gif

cant kill me if I roll through all your spells.
I played P2 and thought the story was good but the gameplay got boring.

sjay1994

Insult me if you can.

I CAN'T!

YOUR WHEELCHAIR COMBOS ARE TOO SICK!

Also parting gift for all you shit talkers.
yoonmask.jpg

I finished watching Chip and Ironicus' LP of killer7, and I fucking love Yoon Hyun even more now.

That was really the summary of everything that you wrote that happened. Wow.
Yes. Yes it was.

Only Suda in his prime could have pulled off shit like this.

We are brothers in arms and we will spread the good word about P2, maybe P1 when/if you get to it
Is this cause I shit on p2 earlier?
I don't even have an opinion on that yet
You're good, man
Nah they're just not popular, and people like to joke about how they don't exist/don't matter/etc

I think you're a way better version of me. You make salient points way more often and have a Dai Gurren flag.

Well obviously. But it's polite to be a little self-deprecating.
My swagger is somewhat theoretical. It definitely exists, but I don't get much opportunity to use it. You're also slightly more photogenic than I am. I've still got all this acne, it sucks

ultimax

But just because the first three were great doesn't mean 4 sucks
Even if it is scooby doo
It's really well written, fun scooby doo

Not trying to start a P4 argument, if you really wanna know the full story go read the giant ass essay that skLa posted

semisonic

Banned
My swagger is somewhat theoretical. It definitely exists, but I don't get much opportunity to use it. You're also slightly more photogenic than I am. I've still got all this acne, it sucks

I feel you man.
Mine's (acne) starting to come back all of a sudden for the first time since high school ended
It's gross and sucks

but at least I'm not deformed anymore
that's a plus

Was that choice of words intentional? Cause I'm literally an actor. Theatre major and everything. Don't actually know if I've ever talked about that...
At least you have swagger, I have neither looks or swagger

I played P2 and thought the story was good but the gameplay got boring.
Meh diffrent strokes. I really like that it seemed super simple, but has a hidden layer of depth and I absolutely love it. The PSP version is really unbalanced tho.
We are brothers in arms and we will spread the good word about P2, maybe P1 when/if you get to it
I picked up P1 in my local video game store. Man they should have made me more attached to the
Butler
, but god damn it was such a cool scene.

semisonic

Banned
At least you have swagger, I have neither looks or swagger

jokes?
smarts?
Kindness?
You've gotta have something, man.
Don't look down on yourself.
Hell you've dated a girl.
That's more than 1/3 of this thread, myself included, can say.
And I've got both those things

But just because the first three were great doesn't mean 4 sucks
Even if it is scooby doo
It's really well written, fun scooby doo
He's saying P2:IS and P2:EP are seperate games btw
Was that choice of words intentional? Cause I'm literally an actor. Theatre major and everything. Don't actually know if I've ever talked about that...
I don't think so, but I guess I nailed it so heyyyyyyyyyyyyy

jokes?
smarts?
Kindness?
You've gotta have something, man.
Don't look down on yourself.
Hell you've dated a girl.
That's more than 1/3 of this thread, myself included, can say.
And I've got both those things
Kindness is about it but how can a girl think im nice if I cant even talk to them?
And sometimes I think im an asshole.
Also I dont think a dude playing with your feelings for the lols counts.

semisonic

Banned
God I love p3 movie yuki
"Ah. That's impressive."
"Huh?"
"You chained your nose to your face so you won't lose it."
am cri rite now

semisonic

Banned
Kindness is about it but how can a girl think im nice if I cant even talk to them?
And sometimes I think im an asshole.
Also I dont think a dude playing with your feelings for the lols counts.

Wait what?
That was a dude?
Oh god did I get you confused with someone else?
Whatever, man.
Even just kindness will get you somewhere. Try volunteering somewhere(charity, animal shelter, or otherwise), see who you can meet. The charity scene's probably better than you think, and working with someone on something, especially voluntarily, naturally inspires conversation.

Top Bottom