• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Alright. I'm officially spooped.

I'M OUT!

Sleep Tight <3

bd44d70cf8471e5254932ae505939831.jpg

There's something really wrong about the image.

That gif represents what the horror genre has become. Just really cheap jumpscares.

Because "Oooohhh..isn't that spooky ghost lady spooky?"

No. She's fucking stupid.

Now I'm worried about Silent Hills.

Woke up just in time for the direct.

i remember this being the only good part of a movie i watched but i dont know what movie it was. or i could be wrong

Mama, directed by Del Toro

There's something really wrong about the image.

Now I'm worried about Silent Hills.

As long as Silent Hills develops some kind of interesting story that fucks with your mind somewhat instead of just throwing in some cheap ass jump scares then I will love it.

At least P.T told a story when you played it the further you went on, and it represented the further you investigated what happened the further you went into the abyss and the more fucked up things got.

Skrams

I don't know if this is RealGAF or anything, but whatever, off topic bullshit as is the usual

So I had my Vita out at my part time job because I want this Platinum in Tearaway. One of two other guys notice while on break and this sparks a conversation. Talking about games leads to SAO Hollow Fragment. This somehow leads to me saying the anime is shit because why not. Then the guys proceed to tell me they love/like it. One has seen it once and the other has seen it 4 or 5 times? 4 of those times might of also been straight in a row and including the second season. That can't be real. This is a 28 year old saying this. Then because I'm insane I stuck around for 45 minutes after my shift ended and talked with them about shit. I learned he likes the best friends, doesn't care about gaf because arguing or something, likes Kill La Kill/Gurren/Stuff. and hates souls because you die and who has time for that. This all feels weird. I'm also afraid I go into shitty power nerd mode now when nerd shit happens because I rarely socialize at this job so it was a breath of fresh air at the time. It might of mostly been because the SAO. Other guy said I was intolerant of opinions since SAO shittalk or something. He's also said he's autistic a good 4 or 5 times for some reason, so I don't know whether to take the intolerant thing to heart or if he's just misinterpreting me wrong. I'd be bummed if I am intolerant of opinions by default. I feel like I mostly just kind of jump to buddy mode where I can argue/shoot shit with people and push their buttons, or I'm just being a dick. It's hard to tell.

Also the guy has a level 500 kirito in a korean version of SAO Hollow Fragment and 150 something in the american version. This feels really fucking weird.

And fuck, SAO is bad.

Also slightly hoped he would like gaf and have read this thread or participated in it. That would of been pretty funny. Now he'll just find this post somehow down the line and it'll be the weirdest/funniest thing?

Follow up to this hot garbage because I really want to talk about it.

I was talking to 22 year old guy again about a thing and he brought up SAO again for some reason. I smiled/laughed because I didn't expect it to get brought up again since why. I said something along the lines of don't even start. I was then enlightened to a new not development. They told some other nerd that works there about my rant some time. When I went on break last night, the three were on lunch. The new nerd said something along the lines of "ABOUT THAT SWORD ART ONLINE." I didn't know he said this because I had headphones on, so I didn't hear his provoking at the time. I only found about it tonight. I love this. I don't even know how to describe this feeling. My "first" impression to these people is some SAO hater or power nerd. I find that fucking hilarious for some reason. It's the weirdest. I also responded to the new news by kneeling in the fetal position while having a gigantic smile on my face. The only words that came to mind was that it was precious. I don't know why this is the funniest shit to me. I kind of love it.

Follow up to this hot garbage because I really want to talk about it.

I was talking to 22 year old guy again about a thing and he brought up SAO again for some reason. I smiled/laughed because I didn't expect it to get brought up again since why. I said something along the lines of don't even start. I was then enlightened to a new not development. They told some other nerd that works there about my rant some time. When I went on break last night, the three were on lunch. The new nerd said something along the lines of "ABOUT THAT SWORD ART ONLINE." I didn't know he said this because I had headphones on, so I didn't hear his provoking at the time. I only found about it tonight. I love this. I don't even know how to describe this feeling. My "first" impression to these people is some SAO hater or power nerd. I find that fucking hilarious for some reason. It's the weirdest. I also responded to the new news by kneeling in the fetal position while having a gigantic smile on my face. The only words that came to mind was that it was precious. I don't know why this is the funniest shit to me. I kind of love it.

I knew a guy who thought SAO was great when I worked at a Deli. I told him to go watch Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell and SAC. Fast forward a few weeks and he told me he burned all of his SAO shit.

I'm doing God's work.

I only watched the japanese version of the Ring, which one's the better?

Japanese.

If there is ever an American adaptation of a Japanese horror movie..always watch the original.
I'm dying. No exaggeration, but you are actually. I love this kind of shit so much. My situation is a little different with the guys actually having watched good things like Gurren , KLK, Big O, and other things, but yeah. I'm just assuming they're kind of lazy and don't really care much for what they watch. Anything that looks pretty and takes up their hours I guess.
He was just new to anime and I think he just got sucked into the SAO hype.

He was basically in love with round steak. Then I gave him some Sirloin and he threw out the round steak and wanted the good shit all the time.

All this talk of Ringu has made me start watching it again.

Good job everyone.

Skrams

I knew a guy who thought SAO was great when I worked at a Deli. I told him to go watch Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell and SAC. Fast forward a few weeks and he told me he burned all of his SAO shit.

I'm doing God's work.

I'm dying. No exaggeration, but you are actually. I love this kind of shit so much. My situation is a little different with the guys actually having watched good things like Gurren , KLK, Big O, and other things, but yeah. I'm just assuming they're kind of lazy and don't really care much for what they watch. Anything that looks pretty and takes up their hours I guess.

Japanese.

If there is ever an American adaptation of a Japanese horror movie..always watch the original.

Noted.

During this year's Halloween I watched this.

Shutterposter.jpg

I laughed once because they reused a jumpscare scene near at the end of the movie.
Although I have to say the atmosphere of Thai horror movies generally are pretty good.

About SAO thing.

It's their preferences. No need to ruin their fun from watching it.

Noted.

During this year's Halloween I watched this.

Shutterposter.jpg

I laughed once because they reused a jumpscare scene near at the end of the movie.
Although I have to say the atmosphere of Thai horror movies generally are pretty good.

About SAO thing.

It's their preferences. No need to ruin their fun from watching it.

Is that uhh..fuck what was it called..Shutter?

I just told him to give Bebop and GitS a try and he loved it and I guess realized SAO was garbage on his own. I didn't actually tell him it was garbage.
Yes.

I was referring the statement to Skrams btw ;)
Oh alright, I would of told him to watch Eva, but I only tell people to watch that if I know they'll enjoy it. People either love it or hate it. There is no in between.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Is that uhh..fuck what was it called..Shutter?

I just told him to give Bebop and GitS a try and he loved it and I guess realized SAO was garbage on his own. I didn't actually tell him it was garbage.

He's going places.

Also, Ju-On is way better than The Grudge IMO. Asian horror is great.

YO HAS ANYONE SEEN HOUSE? (Asian horror film)

Numb

Why are we horrorGaf now? I'm a big babby

The biggest baby over here. I am basically forced to watch horror movies and games are the same. The last one i played was outlast and i lasted till the sewers. Jump scares are way too effective on me even if i see them coming.

croten

The biggest baby over here. I am basically forced to watch horror movies and games are the same. The last one i played was outlast and i lasted till the sewers. Jump scares are way too effective on me even if i see them coming.

Games rarely scare me, though outlast did, but movies are my bane.

Skrams

Yes.

I was referring the statement to Skrams btw ;)

Hey man, if a guy enjoys poop being smothered into his face then that's fine. I'm still going to tell him it's poop being smothered into his face though. A part of it is also curiosity because I wonder if he knows it's poop being smothered into his face. He might see it as a delicious cake at the time so I feel like I need to know. I also could be an asshole and acting like I want to educate him or something. I've not looked into my soul long enough to know if that's the truth or not.

Also the guy actually fucking said something along the lines of "they're not blood related," when I talked about the incest. I can't.

croten

Hey man, if a guy enjoys poop being smothered into his face then that's fine. I'm still going to tell him it's poop being smothered into his face though. A part of it is also curiosity because I wonder if he knows it's poop being smothered into his face. He might see it as a delicious cake at the time so I feel like I need to know. I also could be an asshole and acting like I want to educate him or something. I've not looked into my soul long enough to know if that's the truth or not.

Also the guy actually fucking said something along the lines of "they're not blood related," when I talked about the incest. I can't.

Wait, aren't they cousins? That's a blood relation

The incest isn't what bothered me about SAO it was the shitty story telling and the Mary Sue God known as Kirito.

Incest doesn't really bother me, if you wanna be with your brother/sister/cousin. Okay fine, just don't go around boasting about it.

Skrams

These are the words I said. There might be a weird loophole in family trees where this doesn't happen, but I haven't researched it because incest.

The incest isn't what bothered me about SAO it was the shitty story telling and the Mary Sue God known as Kirito.

Incest doesn't really bother me, if you wanna be with your brother/sister/cousin. Okay fine, just don't go around boasting about it.

The incest is just the main grating point to me and the easiest point to bring up. There's plenty of other bad points like how episodes 1-7 or something are just him acquiring all the waifus. I can also never get over bullshit like Beater and the fact he's called The Black Swordsman. Guts and Kirito share the same nickname. nopenopenope

Like Woolie said during the Indigo Prophecy LP. It hurts enough just when the thing is bad, but when the thing then rips another thing off as well? It makes that thing seem even worse off.

These are the words I said. There might be a weird loophole in family trees where this doesn't happen, but I haven't researched it because incest.

The incest is just the main grating point to me and the easiest point to bring up. There's plenty of other bad points like how episodes 1-7 or something are just him acquiring all the waifus. I can also never get over bullshit like Beater and the fact he's called The Black Swordsman. Guts and Kirito share the same nickname. nopenopenope

Like Woolie said during the Indigo Prophecy LP. It hurts enough just when the thing is bad, but when the thing then rips another thing off as well? It makes that thing seem even worse off.

Holy fucking shit did he really call himself the Black Swordsman??!

Fuck that shit.

I only knew it as Beater which was already dumb as fuck.

I would be curious too. But it always ends up to pointless argument, for me at least.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
iW0IzOTHVZcT8.gif

I haven't, finding these movies is tough at your local video store.
I've seen it at book stores in their clearance DVD section.
But at your local video store you could probs find it. It's pretty famous.

Insest really bothers me because I have brothers and sisters.

Fuck that shit.

There was to be SAO X Berserk fanart then.

Skrams

Fuck that shit.

I tried to look for shitty deviantart things, but that's all I could find in 2 minutes.

I would be curious too. But it always ends up to pointless argument, for me at least.

It certainly was a pointless argument. I was just too curious. I feel better now that I have some understanding of it though. I'll never talk about it again unless they bring it up because there's not much point. I still really enjoy that my image is now of this annoying SAO hater though. It's just too good.

Someone on the internet has to have made an image of them doing a fistbump right? That has to exist somewhere. I'm salivating at the idea of it existing.

I found a pony Kirito though. That's something.

I've seen it at book stores in their clearance DVD section.
But at your local video store you could probs find it. It's pretty famous.

Insest really bothers me because I have brothers and sisters.

Eh some people are into it, some aren't. I won't judge either way.

I'll have to dig deeper then.

I tried to look for shitty deviantart things, but that's all I could find in 2 minutes.

It certainly was a pointless argument. I was just too curious. I feel better now that I have some understanding of it though. I'll never talk about it again unless they bring it up because there's not much point. I still really enjoy that my image is now of this annoying SAO hater though. It's just too good.
SAO can fuck right off now.

Top Bottom