• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

I realize humor doesn't always translate across the internet, but really now, there are limits to how much you can reasonably doubt a person.

I'm pretty sure that would make me some kind of Psychopath or at the very least a sociopath, if not just a terrible person in general.
it was really skirting the limit, I had maybe thought you thought it wasn't just cute lolis but actually creepy or something.

My apologies.

Okingjrr

I'm back frienders! It feels so good to type on my keyboard after so much time away. Missed like 12 pages of shitposting, I'm going back to read them in a while.
What's up?

Yaaaaaay I got a 30 day eviction notice for refusing to pay the cleaning deposit in the apartment I moved into that was not cleaned and the pet deposit that I had already paid! Now I have to move again!

Yaaaaaaay...

Fuck.

Geez, that sucks. It's like it was just yesterday when you moved to your new place!

Neol

That character design reminds me of Satsuki Kiryuin.

What's it about?

A really depressed and pessimistic teacher who always tries to kill himself surrounded by a number of students and characters with different personalities and there everyday lives.

As weird/serious as it sounds it actually is a pretty funny comedic anime with a very unique style. Its something you should watch and see if you like it.

Yaaaaaay I got a 30 day eviction notice for refusing to pay the cleaning deposit in the apartment I moved into that was not cleaned and the pet deposit that I had already paid! Now I have to move again!

Yaaaaaaay...

Fuck.

That sounds like complete fucking bullshit.

Did you take pictures to prove that it wasn't clean when you moved in?

demidar

I realize humor doesn't always translate across the internet, but really now, there are limits to how much you can reasonably doubt a person.

I'm pretty sure that would make me some kind of Psychopath or at the very least a sociopath, if not just a terrible person in general.

The posts where you're serious and the posts where you're not are practically indistinguishable.

Yaaaaaaay...

Fuck.

Do you have any proof that the apartment was dirty before you moved in?

If so, go to court and file for an extension to stay in the apartment and delay eviction proceedings.

As long as the martial/cops are not at your doorstep, you have options here.

You should ask Pat for tips about drug peddling. Same thing. Just give a small taste from time to time, integrate it into his daily life and before you know it, BAM! He's watching the whole show by himself.
Let's just hope the crack is strong enough.

Yaaaaaaay...

Fuck.
And you just moved in recently too. Is moving the only way?

What are you on about, no they aren't, they share some similarities but they aren't one thing.
There are various contemporary usages of the term. Robert Hare claimed in a 1999 popular science book that sociopathy and psychopathy are often used interchangeably, but in some cases the term sociopathy is preferred because it is less likely than is psychopathy to be confused with psychosis, whereas in other cases which term is used may "reflect the user's views on the origins and determinates of the disorder". Hare contended that the term sociopathy is preferred by those that see the causes as due to social factors and early environment, and the term psychopathy preferred by those who believe that there are psychological, biological, and genetic factors involved in addition to environmental factors.[81] Hare also provides his own definitions: he describes psychopathy as not having a sense of empathy or morality, but sociopathy as only differing in sense of right and wrong from the average person

What are you on about, no they aren't, they share some similarities but they aren't one thing..

No, bro. They're literally the same thing. Some people make a distinction between them but sociopath was originally conceived as just an alternative name for psychopath.

Do you have any proof that the apartment was dirty before you moved in?

If so, go to court and file for an extension to stay in the apartment and delay eviction proceedings.

As long as the martial/cops are not at your doorstep, you have options here.

Looking at the notice now, he has it listed that he's evicting us for no reason, which is in our contract that he can do so, but he personally told us that it was because of the cleaning and pet deposits. So even if we proved it that wouldn't do anything.

Xiraiya

They have similar origins but most of the difference is in severity and specific context on how the traits that fall into those definitions manifest within a person, at least in modern usage.
Either way it's splitting hairs and nitpicking an off hand comment that wasn't given indepth thought to begin with.

No, bro. They're literally the same thing. Some people make a distinction between them but sociopath was originally conceived as just an alternative name for psychopath.

Looking at the notice now, he has it listed that he's evicting us for no reason, which is in our contract that he can do so, but he personally told us that it was because of the cleaning and pet deposits. So even if we proved it that wouldn't do anything.

I don't think you can legally evict someone without a legitimate reason though.

At least Ohio is that way. Idk about Oregon. Doesn't matter what the contract says.

But you paid 1 deposit and not the other and have documented proof of an inhabitable apartment, correct?

If so, still go to court and ask for a delay so that you'll have more time.

Also, please tell me you have receipts of your rent payments. If so, show the courts that you are a good tenant.

Most of America's laws from state to state seem to differ erratically, it's weird.

It is very weird. Did you know Bestiality is completely legal in like 16 US states?

Because I found that out yesterday, not sure how smoking pot is bad, but fucking a goat isn't.

Zenfalcia

But you paid 1 deposit and not the other and have documented proof of an inhabitable apartment, correct?

I don't think he has enough money to go to court. Even then 30 days isn't terrible.

They have similar origins but most of the difference is in severity and specific context on how the traits that fall into those definitions manifest within a person.
Either way it's splitting hairs and nitpicking an off hand comment that wasn't given indepth thought to begin with.

I'm just trying to let you know, because I study psychology and that's not only one of the most common misconceptions but one of the first thing every class teaches you. They're just different names for exactly the same thing, any differences between them are based on single doctors giving meaning where there wasn't any originally.

I don't think you can legally evict someone without a legitimate reason though.

At least Ohio is that way. Idk about Oregon. Doesn't matter what the contract says.

This is a special contract deal with helping those who need it. We got in here because we were homeless and Oregon greatly favors landlords so he's pretty much allowed to do what he wants.

demidar

I would mean for someone to drop a friend who is toxic in their life, not because they happen to like watching garbage.

Yes, but my point is those posts meaning different things sound the same. That's why lots of people do a double-take whenever you're trying to not sound serious.

I don't think he has enough money to go to court. Even then 30 days isn't terrible.

30 days is the legal minimum across all state IIRC. No it's not terrible, but it's not reasonable time for someone that works to go find a place to live and apartment search at the same time.

Xiraiya

Yes, but my point is those posts meaning different things sound the same. That's why lots of people do a double-take whenever you're trying to not sound serious.
Oh well, they'll figure it out eventually.

It is very weird. Did you know Bestiality is completely legal in like 16 US states?
Because I found that out yesterday, not sure how smoking pot is bad, but fucking a goat isn't.
That's weird, but also not that surprising.

Also, please tell me you have receipts of your rent payments. If so, show the courts that you are a good tenant.

I don't handle the financial aspect of living here so I don't know fully what we do and don't have. All I know is that we're going to just focus on getting out of here as soon as possible so we can avoid getting a 72 hour notice.

Beloved

Psycho and socio are the same thing.

No, a psychopath isn't capable of forming bonds with people and that's just how they are (for all intents and purposes, they are born that way) and they tend to be highly methodical and manipulative and ofc often end up violent, but in an organized way. ie. your typical serial killer that taunts the police and is hard to catch (or is never caught)

A sociopath usually has suffered significant trauma. They are not organized or methodical, and they have difficulty forming bonds with others, HOWEVER they can form bonds with one or more people (or a group) if those people or group identity with their line of thinking. ie. a spree killer, violent cult leader, domestic terrorist.

Edit: they are both anti personality disorders but they arent the exact same thing.

Zenfalcia

30 days is the legal minimum across all state IIRC. No it's not terrible, but it's not reasonable time for someone that works to go find a place to live and apartment search at the same time.

Hm... It's not overly unreasonable, but it seems immoral, to be not given more time.

Although having 3 days is very unreasonable.

$1200 for both deposits, but now he refused our option to just pay those, and even then we wouldn't want to because fuck this guy and his shifty practices. We've wanted to get out from under him for awhile, this is just forcing us to do it sooner.

Aaron listen up

http://www.osbar.org/public/legalinfo/1254_ResidentialEvictions.htm

Your landlord must give you a written notice in order to be able to start an eviction case. The most common notices include 30-day notices for “no cause.” With this notice, the landlord gives no reason for the termination of the rental agreement (although such a termination cannot be for an unlawful reason). If your tenancy began more than one year ago, your landlord has to give you a 60-day “no cause” notice. Other common notices include 30-day notices for cause; 72-hour or 144-hour notices for non-payment of rent; and 24-hour notices for outrageous or dangerous conduct. If you are still in the rental after the end of the period specified in the notice, the landlord may then file the case.

The court proceeding is quite speedy; its main purpose is to determine whether you have the legal right to keep living in the rental when your landlord wants you to move.

To file an eviction case, your landlord must complete a complaint form, which is available from the court clerk. Your landlord must give the clerk a copy of the eviction notice and pay a filing fee. If your landlord cannot afford the filing fee, he or she may ask the court to waive or postpone payment of the fee. Most court clerks have a form for this purpose.

After the court clerk receives the complaint and the filing fee or deferral, he or she schedules the case for a preliminary hearing called a first appearance. The first appearance is held seven days after the tenant is sent a copy of the summons and complaint. The summons tells you when the first appearance is. The clerk mails you the summons and a copy of the complaint within one business day, and these documents are also personally delivered to you or posted at the entry to your home.

The purpose of the first appearance is to determine whether you have a legal right to remain in the rental. If you do not show up, your landlord should get an order giving him or her possession of the property. If your landlord does not show up, the case should be dismissed. If both sides show up, the judge will want to know if you intend to move, if you and the landlord have settled the case, or if you want a trial. In some counties, the court will ask you and the landlord to work with a court mediator to work out your differences. If you request a trial, it will be scheduled no later than 15 days from the date of the first appearance.

Most importantly!!!!!!!!!!

To contest the case, you must go to the first appearance and file a form from the clerk called an answer. This form lists a number of possible reasons you may be able to win the eviction. You should check any that apply and list other defenses if necessary. When filing an answer, you must pay a filing fee. If you cannot afford the filing fee, you can ask the court to waive or postpone payment of the fee.

Each side may be represented by a lawyer. If you do not fight the eviction and your landlord has a lawyer at the first appearance, the court should not require you to pay the landlord’s lawyer fees. The court may give extra time for each side to find a lawyer if the tenant does contest the case.

No, a psychopath isn't capable of forming bonds with people and that's just how they are (for all intents and purposes, they are born that way) and they tend to be highly methodical and manipulative and ofc often end up violent, but in an organized way. ie. your typical serial killer that taunts the police and is hard to catch (or is never caught)

A sociopath usually has suffered significant trauma. They are not organized or methodical, and they have difficulty forming bonds with others, HOWEVER they can form bonds with one or more people (or a group) if those people or group identity with their line of thinking. ie. a spree killer, violent cult leader, domestic terrorist.

Edit: they are both anti personality disorders but they arent the exact same thing.
Modern DSM5 definition differs from the historical one.

I don't know much about this subject, but aren't they constantly changing definitions on this kind of thing?

$1200 for both deposits, but now he refused our option to just pay those, and even then we wouldn't want to because fuck this guy and his shifty practices. We've wanted to get out from under him for awhile, this is just forcing us to do it sooner.
So did you two not get along from the beginning? Did something happen before this happened?

I don't know where you're getting your information, but no. They're literally the same thing.

Like I said, any and all differences you'll find are individuals giving different meanings to them in studies and lectures. The actual words in the technical sense mean the same exact thing.

Most sociopaths/psychopaths aren't murderers either. They're for the most part selfish people who don't make human connections. That's it.

Hey now, I wasn't being serious, no decent person would actually straight up remove a friend over something ridiculous like taste in anime, that would be called being a fucking idiot.
One day I will learn how to read you.

That is shitty Aaron, good luck getting it all worked out

I thought I was the only one.

It's a hobby I use for writing. Psychology itself is extremely difficult to make into an actual profession and my skills don't lend to making it one. But it's useful for writing characters so I keep studying it. It's also fun.

I just woke up to this news so I'll read that later. Thanks for the help, though.

I don't know much about this subject, but aren't they constantly changing definitions on this kind of thing?

They mostly change what they use. The actual definitions of them don't really change all that much and it's still always taught that they're different words for the same thing.

Top Bottom