• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Aaron

http://oregonlawhelp.org/resource/eviction-2?ref=AilDP

There are only three ways that a landlord can get a rented place back legally:

1. The tenant can move and return the keys to the landlord;

2. The tenant can move away, abandoning the unit without telling anyone of plans to come back; or

3. The landlord can go to court and get an order, after a hearing, to have the sheriff force the tenant to move out. Only the sheriff, with a court order, has authority to physically remove you.

Until the sheriff is at your door, the notice is moot.
Go to court, get the filing fee waived or postponed, and get an extension!

Also, if they fuck with the locks:

The only legal way to force you out of your home is for the landlord to go to court and get an order that requires you to leave. If the landlord locks you out, tell the landlord that it is illegal and ask to be let back into your home. If this doesn't work, and if you can get in through a window or another door, do so and contact a law office. If the landlord refuses to let you back into your home and you cannot get in on your own, you can call the police. They will sometimes help. They may say that it is a civil dispute and that they will not help you. If so, contact a law office (click here for a list of a organizations).

If your landlord unlawfully changes the locks, shuts off the power, makes serious threats or attempts to shut off your utilities, or takes other out-of-court action to force you to move, you may file a lawsuit to try to get an order so that you can return to your home. You can also sue for money damages--for an amount up to two months' rent or for twice your actual damages, whichever is more; and for another month's rent or actual damages if the landlord entered your home illegally (for example, to change the locks). This lawsuit can include damages for emotional distress causing loss of sleep, inability to eat, and other interference with your ability to use the rental unit. Note: When a tenant sues a landlord for violations of the Oregon Residential Landlord-Tenant Act, the lawsuit must be filed (started) within one year of the incident. Claims based on other laws might have different deadlines. [ORS 90.375]

Beloved

I don't know where you're getting your information, but no. They're literally the same thing.

Like I said, any and all differences you'll find are individuals giving different meanings to them in studies and lectures. The actual words in the technical sense mean the same exact thing.

Most sociopaths/psychopaths aren't murderers either. They're for the most part selfish people who don't make human connections. That's it.

The use of the term "sociopath" and such have fallen out of practice but that doesn't make them the same. Modern psychology just doesn't use those terms as a diagnosis like they used to. It'd be more along the lines of "The patient presents with *insert personality disorder* and has psychopathic tendencies", but you can't just discount the original words and what they meant simply because of that.

And yes I'm aware of that.

Legitimate can depend from state to state.

I'm just trying to let you know, because I study psychology and that's not only one of the most common misconceptions but one of the first thing every class teaches you. They're just different names for exactly the same thing, any differences between them are based on single doctors giving meaning where there wasn't any originally.

This is a special contract deal with helping those who need it. We got in here because we were homeless and Oregon greatly favors landlords so he's pretty much allowed to do what he wants.
That's fucking bullshit dude. I'm sorry, that guy is a piece of shit.

Oh well, they'll figure it out eventually.

That's weird, but also not that surprising.
I found it slightly surprising.

I mean like..fuck man..

Xiraiya

One day I will learn how to read you.
I'm not really a complicated person, most people make things seem more complicated in their own mind.

I'm generally happy to be most people's acquaintance, but you know if they are being stupid, I'm going to tell them directly, regardless of how new or old a friendship might be.

Cutting right to the truth with people is a tricky thing, overall I think it's worth it, but it often causes a strong emotional reaction, be it positive or negative, the people worth keeping in my life are those who can grow from moments like that, the people who instead lose themselves in a frenzy of salt and anger and denial or whatever else life throws at them, are not worth your time.

The use of the term "sociopath" and such have fallen out of practice but that doesn't make them the same. Modern psychology just doesn't use those terms as a diagnosis like they used to. It'd be more along the lines of "The patient presents with *insert personality disorder* and has psychopathic tendencies", but you can't just discount the original words and what they meant simply because of that.

I pretty sure they're both used to refer to Antisocial Personality Disorder, and that even official sources note they can be used interchangeably or be distinguished in different contexts.

That's what I'm saying, originally they meant the exact same thing. They still mean the same thing on the technical and objective side of things.

The differences you listed are ones given by doctors who personally make that distinction. The actual definition for sociopath is, and always has been the same as psychopath. as times and usage of these terms has changed, individuals have tried to give different meanings to distinguish them, but, that's just those individuals.

I'll go over this stuff with my mom later and we'll figure it out then. Thanks again.

Instead of arguing with us about psych terms, go figure this stuff out with your mom.

Your time is limited.

Most of the info I found doing quick searching, so FYI I am not a lawyer but you should consult one that offers pro-bono aid to help you work the system.

My experience has been with commercial RE, so I don't know much about residential in Oregon, but you should be filing an extension to stay pronto. Your LL is most likely doing it already.

Instead of arguing with us about psych terms, go figure this stuff out with your mom.

Your time is limited.

Most of the info I found doing quick searching, so FYI I am not a lawyer but you should consult one that offers pro-bono aid to help you work the system.

She's in Portland at a doctors appointment and has all the information with her. There's really nothing for me to do right now.

Jman014

sup nerds whats going on?

Looking up Korra art like dis
1fd20b04ac24b9b4be581a7900fe7409.jpg

Extremely difficult is taking it really far, but it's certainly not as easy as more technical studies. Aaah, I'm still all alone then. Trying to get my degree in Neuropsychology, so I'm already practicing flipping burgers.

By extremely difficult I more meant that it requires a lot more of effort during school than say, Journalism.

ultimax

Blah blah F/Z spoilers

WHAT? IT'S ACTUALLY A VIRAL ZOMBIE INFECTION?

OH BUT THEY CALL THEM VAMPIRES? UH OK
you love them zombie vampire things tho! But seriously those flashback episodes were pretty random but God damn amazing. They really do a good job of cementing Kiritsugu as your husbando

Oberon

Banned
I started playing ROB because I looked for a character to counter Zero suit, but now he's slowly becoming my main. I feel kind of dirty using a character that is so depended on projectiles, but the gyro is sooooo gooooood. His biggest downside is that with his recovery, he can be easily egdguarded.

Shackzam

I started playing ROB because I looked for a character to counter Zero suit, but now he's slowly becoming my main. I feel kind of dirty using a character that is so depended on projectiles, but the gyro is sooooo gooooood. His biggest downside is that with his recovery, he can be easily egdguarded.
I would think spacing out your up b's would help you on faking out when someone can edge guard you.

Jojo part 5 spoilers

Another dude that works with mirrors? They've already done this! Lame. Still, purple haze sounds cool.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE

I am proud to inform you that the friender warriors can now finally rest as both the Smash 4 and Ultimax tournaments have come to a close.

In the Ultimax corner, we have their top 3 contestants.

In a humble but respectable third, the man who sacrificed himself to save the fate of the thread, PHANTOMGAMING

In second, one of our resident fitegamemin, GUARDIANE

And finally in first place surprising absolutely no one, the dick-groper, lady carrying lewd master Takamura, SHACKZAM

And now on the Smash side of things, the 3 brawlers who came out on top.

In third, the mysterious man coming out of the shadows when the challenge of a fighting game shows up, CRACKPEBBLES

In a well earned second, climbing his way back from losers, the man whose name will always be typo'd, MARAGIDYNE

And your matching first place king, repping the tiny plant throwing captain, SHAKUGANSAN

As these events draw to a close let us congratulate the winners, and also those who didn't make it. You might've gotten beat, but at least you tried and you showed good spirit. Thank you all for participating and I hope you'll take part in whatever one of these comes up again!

On the real though I wanna thank everyone who joined and enjoyed themselves. This is the first time I've done anything like this and I'm glad I didn't trip over my dick too much. Next time I try another one of these I promise I'll make the rules more clear and less silly. Hopefully I'll find some way to make announcements more exciting as well as I feel this is somewhat limp for all the effort everyone put into competing and playing. Sorry this took so long to write. I'll be contacting placing pairs in a bit and after prizes are distributed I'll raffle out a bonus one somehow. If anyone has any way they think I could improve this next time let me know. Thanks again everyone.

Top Bottom