• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

360pages

Been playing Oracle of Ages and Link's Awakening. Honestly, I forgot Zelda's Dungeons capabilities of pissing me off so quickly. I think there is a reason why I only play one every 2-3 years...

Only reason I got into Love Live was because the F2P mobile game is pretty great. I'm still putting the hours in now.
nllhbMZ.gif

Ants

So far I haven't found a modern rhythm game that matched up to Theatrhythm. If EBA were alive it'd be winning, but the RPG elements in Theatrhythm are just too good. Also it tries desperately to trick you into playing FF13 with the amazing tracks from that game.

Those damn spinning arrows can go away forever, though.

Zenfalcia

I'm only on episode 3 and I already think Nico is worst girl/worst character.
Keep watching.
Hm..well..at least I can swim..

-jumps off the BestGAF boat-
Here we see Cthulhu in its natural habitat under the sea.
Christ we are fucking weird

Gonna try Zone of the Enders 1 tonight
I thought we already established this.
I agree, but that's a really tiny amount of dubs.

There should be a Love Live episode of Creepy Anime Bullshit that devolves into waifu wars.
It is, but it's just one point I'm bringing up for reasons I don't like dubs.. I'm kinda of a weeb in terms of voice actors.. I think japanese voice actors fit the role better than english. There are some cases where it's equal level of voice acting, like some video games and some animes, but those are uncommon.

There won't be one because Liam hates Love live and only loves idolmaster.

Do you like arena shooters? The new Unreal Tournament is in public testing atm.

Uhh... maybe. Though I worry about my pc ability to handle it. Probably be fine as long as I can dump the graphics options. Hopefully if I do check it out, they have some interesting game modes, because DM and TDM are not gonna cut it for me.

Hmm.. So you just lose your attention for the game? I mean, you could try powering through the game if it's something good, it's better than being bored and doing nothing. There's some free indie games that you can get, they aren't too long, but might be interesting enough for you to finish. The best one I recommend is Cave Story, if you haven't played it or heard of it.
Man, I actually played the original fan translation version of cave story... that said, I never did beat and actually have a copy of the new one in my steam library that I only dabbled in for a little bit, so I might give it a shot again. hopefully its been long enough I don't just feel like i'm replaying it as that'll kill it for me.

Keep watching.

Here we see Cthulhu in its natural habitat under the sea.

I thought we already established this.

It is, but it's just one point I'm bringing up for reasons I don't like dubs.. I'm kinda of a weeb in terms of voice actors.. I think japanese voice actors fit the role better than english. There are some cases where it's equal level of voice acting, like some video games and some animes, but those are uncommon.

There won't be one because Liam hates Love live and only loves idolmaster.

I dunno from those gifs everyone shows it makes me get the impression that Nico is an annoying bragger who thinks shes better than anyone else, and I hate those kind of characters. Just so you know Kamina can back up all his big talk.

I dunno from those gifs everyone shows it makes me get the impression that Nico is an annoying bragger who thinks shes better than anyone else, and I hate those kind of characters. Just so you know Kamina can back up all his big talk.
Kamina admits he was just talking big, but that makes him better.

I wouldn't compare them based on what I've seen of LL

Zenfalcia

Man, I actually played the original fan translation version of cave story... that said, I never did beat and actually have a copy of the new one in my steam library that I only dabbled in for a little bit, so I might give it a shot again. hopefully its been long enough I don't just feel like i'm replaying it as that'll kill it for me.
There are some backtracking sections that might make you bored and become tedious. It's not that bad, and even if you get tired you can do the bad ending which shortens the game by a lot.
She's a moe girl who just so happens to be smaller than the rest of the cast. Nothing else to say really.
She has more going for her than that.

Jman014

Uhh... maybe. Though I worry about my pc ability to handle it. Probably be fine as long as I can dump the graphics options. Hopefully if I do check it out, they have some interesting game modes, because DM and TDM are not gonna cut it for me.
Well currently it only has DM, TDM and CTF, but they're adding more modes later. It's still in development so there is a lot of stuff not there yet. It's still an arena shooter so I'd say it's more interesting than the majority of fps games you can play right now, minus maybe other arena shooters like Quake. And yes you can turn down the graphics all the way if you want.

You could also play something like Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2 if UT doesn't do it for you.

Zenfalcia

You should watch more to form your own opinion of her besides the gifs. Assuming you even get far.

Cool. I've got 2 URs on that team. My only 2 URs. Pure is the next because I've got a decent amount of SRs. But smile? Smile is weak. I have no SRs. The smile SR event rewards seem to happen when I have downtime off the game.

Weird. Cool is my strongest team as well followed by Pure and my smile team is really shitty as well. I only have 1 cool UR

Zenfalcia

well so far im on episode 3 and the characters I like the most are Nozomi>Umi>Hanyo>everyone else>nico
You have 9 more episodes to go and another season. Your opinion might not even change, but hey at least you have a fully formed opinion. Are you liking the series at least?

He is secretly quite a good tactician, but he often talks big and with extreme confidence and bravado to motivate his team and keep their spirits up. He admits that he can't fulfil all his claims, but he knew Simon's potential from the very start and trusted him completely and would sacrifice his life for anyone in his team.

He's just super charismatic and kind to a fault. I like that underneath that confidence, there's a man who knows his limitations.
All the stress and worry and relying on Simon being underneath his charisma and leadership is pretty cool. I really like how he becomes or sets an ideal to follow to the very end.

Scene in the pocket universe where Real Kamina shows up is probably the best scene in the show.

This just got beyond unplayable for both of us. Sorry Romars. Also it's 02:35 here.

GG everyone.

That first match was so good, don't know what happened. I'm done subjecting people to my bad internet for the night, sorry folks.

He is secretly quite a good tactician, but he often talks big and with extreme confidence and bravado to motivate his team and keep their spirits up. He admits that he can't fulfil all his claims, but he knew Simon's potential from the very start and trusted him completely and would sacrifice his life for anyone in his team.

He's just super charismatic and kind to a fault. I like that underneath that confidence, there's a man who knows his limitations.

I always thought of kamina as a hotblooded anime star that powers up by screaming, who got lost in a world thats more like reality then where he comes from.

Thats sorta why I like him so much better than Simon, cause Simon's in sync with his environment.

Sooooooooooooooo

The Slap is some of the overly stupid dramatic funny I have ever watched.

Syler is just a huge dick douchebag.

I enjoy this way too much.

Oh, the kid that was slapped is still being breastfed and he's kind of swinging a wooden bat at other children while his dad isn't doing shit.

Top Bottom