• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
His panic attack in the DS2 LP had me really worried for him.

I hope that people aren't going to be so mean to Woolie and stop watching because of some shit play. He can't be at 100% everyday.

I commend the guys for putting up with the YouTube collective. Sometimes,The comments are hurtful shit.

Bull. I wanna see receipts.

Sony's not about to give up spiderman until they milk the fuck out of that license.

But imagine Star Lord and Spidey Yucking it up in the movie universe. damn it I want that so bad.

Alright, since a lot of people play Kanji in the group, I put together a sort of cheat sheet of tips and tricks for the character and his changes in Ultimax. Hopefully somebody will find this helpful. If you can't decipher the terminology, please ask and I'll explain, or link you something. I will say off the bat, I call the 'Bet you can't take this' move just the Yolo dive, to save space.

1. Really obvious, but Input the Yolo dive instead of the final command in his autocombo. Really simple change, gives you more damage, and you can still super cancel it.

2. It's a bit harder to combo into the Yolo dive from the air now, so be wary of that. but going from cruel attack to the yolo dive seems to work the same.

3. Kanji's new persona attack Primal Force can be canceled into D lighting fast enough on block to prevent a persona hit.

4. Start pressing forward on that D version of the command grab, as well as your AB. Kanji now steps forward when using them if you do.

5. Be wary of how shitty D lighting is now that your persona has no I-frames on start up anymore.

6. Chair super cancels into command grab and grab super off the wall now, learn that timing!

7. Cruel attack can be used in the air now. It doesn't really lead into much, besides giving Kanji another way to get in. At some point,
some idiot nerfed it to stop being an overhead I think
, but at least it appears to be even on block so at least it's not useless. You can super cancel it, but the timing is tricky, and the reward measly.

8. 5C no longer fatal counters, so if you use Kanji's big combo, you have to start it with only 2C and J. C from now on.

9.instead of the chair super, with 50 meter, OMC into 2C, 2B, 236C is the better damage option as a combo extender, doing between 500 and 1000 more damage depending on the combo. Particularly, continuing a raw yolo dive with this will net you 3638 damage, from the weakest version. And, this combo extender works on counter hit now, so it's safe even off the wall.
Though keep in mind the chair fall from your super makes for better Oki, and is easier to do and more reliable than this combo. And if you have more meter, their might be better options.

That's all I've got so far. If you know something I don't, or I got something wrong, or if you need help with any of this please feel free share.

360pages

I should clean up that Naruto game. Been working on actually getting a lot of stuff done. There is actually a lot of content in it, which isn't surprising since there is a lot of content in all of the games.

Jman014

Have you seen that three part miniseries Republic City Hustle? It was a nice fix for the time inbetween books 1 and 2.

Raimi's trilogy is da bes in my life.
Andrew Garfield is discount Spidey, but premium Peter.

Spidey 1 and 2 were decent movies though.

Emo Peter is the greatest dancer in my heart.

See, the problem I have with Raimi's Spider-Man is his utter lack of funny. Spider-Man is funny everywhere except the Raimi movies. And the problem I have with the Amazing series is that nothing around Spider-Man is interesting or memorable. Garfield Spidey in Raimi universe would be great.

Aside from all that, let's just agree on one very important fact:
Having your character mistake their love interest for an angel when they first meet is the dumbest thing in the world.

the Russo Brothers Should make a MGS movie. Winter Soldier felt like if MGS was actually about Captain America. I guess you could say Black Widow was the EVA/Meryl Character.

When I think of a game getting a movie adaptation my first thought is "This is going to be terrible", but who knows. Maybe they could do it justice.

No need to spoil Senran Kagura, I'm not ashamed. I posted a picture here of my order with it right front and center.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!?

Belated new OT hype. Also jeez guys, this shit got made tonight and we´re at 5 pages already. As always, you guys need to settle down.
:p

Jman014

No need to spoil Senran Kagura, I'm not ashamed. I posted a picture here of my order with it right front and center.

No, what's it about?

RCH takes place three years before book 1 and covers what Mako and Bolin were doing on the streets as part of the Triple Threat Triads and how they got into Pro Bending. Also shows how Bolin meets Pabu.
It should be uploaded somewhere, either on youtube or the Nick site if you can find it. It's also in a different animation style than the show but still features all the voice actors from it.

I don't know if that's exactly the case. Guac Gold is only about 4 hours long, but idk how much extra content the new version has. It probably won't be longer than 15-20 parts, like a normal LP
Whoops, I missed your reply.
I just mean that Woolie seems hyper-aware and is trying to not waste time. It makes me wonder if he's being a little self concious. No big deal though, I hope he finds his rythym.
When I think of a game getting a movie adaptation my first thought is "This is going to be terrible", but who knows. Maybe they could do it justice.
Dat Prince of Persia movie tho, and Mortal Kombat.

Alfebit

Banned
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!?

Senran Kagura is fun for the whole family!

RCH takes place three years before book 1 and covers what Mako and Bolin were doing on the streets as part of the Triple Threat Triads and how they got into Pro Bending. Also shows how Bolin meets Pabu.
It should be uploaded somewhere, either on youtube or the Nick site if you can find it. It's also in a different animation style than the show but still features all the voice actors from it.

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a look.

See, the problem I have with Raimi's Spider-Man is his utter lack of funny. Spider-Man is funny everywhere except the Raimi movies. And the problem I have with the Amazing series is that nothing around Spider-Man is interesting or memorable. Garfield Spidey in Raimi universe would be great.

Aside from all that, let's just agree on one very important fact:
Having your character mistake their love interest for an angel when they first meet is the dumbest thing in the world.

That was dumb bullshit but it's fiiiiinnnnne. Even comic books have their really dumb moments.

Or do I have to find the thanos and Spidey cube comic.

Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil have Been the better of the movie adaptations.

I just mean that Woolie seems hyper-aware and is trying to not waste time. It makes me wonder if he's being a little self concious. No big deal though, I hope he finds his rythym.

That Prince of Persia movie wasn't bad. I wish it followed more of the first games story though.

Woolie has the thinnest skin of the best friends. Woolie, you're awesome, and for my money you're the guy who makes the group happen energy and hype-wise (Matt is a close second in this respect), but you let anonymous dickholes get in your head.

croten

Woolie has the thinnest skin of the best friends. Woolie, you're awesome, and for my money you're the guy who makes the group happen energy and hype-wise (Matt is a close second in this respect), but you let anonymous dickholes get in your head.

I don't think it's fair to say that Woolie has the thinnest skin in the group at all. I've never seen him lash out or anything he just doesn't excel in certain genres that others might.

That was dumb bullshit but it's fiiiiinnnnne. Even comic books have their really dumb moments.

But that line is unforgivably dumb. In movies, you have to make sure that your dialogue isn't shitty. It's really, really important.

I don't think it's fair to say that Woolie has the thinnest skin in the group at all. I've never seen him lash out or anything he just doesn't excel in certain genres that others might.

He reads the comments, though. And he pays attention to them. Look at the Leaf Green playthrough. He's not immature about it, but he pays attention and lets it bother him.

Xiraiya

I definitely agree, Woolie likes being the smooth black guy of the group, and when that is called into question in some way, or he doesn't come out looking as suave as he thinks. That mask falls away immediately and you can just tell he's bothered by it, I like Woolie when he's just Woolie, he doesn't have to be the cool guy, him and Matt both have moments of sounding a little... I guess... "transparent" is the word, but 90% of the time they're fine.

Pat is always just Pat, and Liam is just Duck, everything goes over him like water on a Duck's back, unless his contrary nature goes too far and Woolie and Pat have to shut him down on the Podcast, and then he just goes silent, it feels really good.

Jman014

I don't think any one has mentioned this yet but GZ is coming to steam in december

I saw that. Hype initiated even though I've already played it. Should be nice to have another Metal Gear game on PC for peepz that just play on PC.

I definitely agree, Woolie likes being the smooth black guy of the group, and when that is called into question in some way, or he doesn't come out looking as suave as he thinks. That mask falls away immediately and you can just tell he's bothered by it, I like Woolie when he's just Woolie, he doesn't have to be the cool guy, him and Matt both have moments of sounding a little... I guess... "transparent" is the word, but 90% of the time they're fine.

Pat is always just Pat, and Liam is just Duck, everything goes over him like water on a Duck's back, unless his contrary nature goes too far and Woolie and Pat have to shut him down on the Podcast, and then he just goes silent, it feels really good.

I don't think it's that he feels like he's the anything of the group, he just notices the unwashed masses throwing poop at the window and instead of ignoring them like Matt or Liam or being one of them like Pat he gets bothered that they think his window needs poop on it.

croten

But that line is unforgivably dumb. In movies, you have to make sure that your dialogue isn't shitty. It's really, really important.

He reads the comments, though. And he pays attention to them. Look at the Leaf Green playthrough. He's not immature about it, but he pays attention and lets it bother him.

I'm pretty sure Woolie gets the most shit out of the group though, for several reasons.

I have a high tolerance for dumb shit.

You have to take the dumb shit with the incredibly great shit with Spiderman.

Spiderman, as to an extent Peter Parker, is a huge nerd who has the worse luck of any human being ever. He's also an introverted, complex inventor that can be capable of great things.

Garfield's Peter hits the comic book notes and is true to canon, but he's not as campy nor enjoyable as Tobey's Peter. Amazing does Spderman in suit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom