• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much, his a crappy version of Bowser. His side B is his best move and his fast neutral a. He has surprisingly shit recover considering he has wings, his down B is just garbage.

Also, I think Pikachu is really good, so is Sonic.

Best Side B is Little Mac's. Hands down.

Little Mac, on a flat stage, may be a problem.

But also
fNE3q9Y.gif

360pages

You'd be surprised to find out how man people actually can't handle sonic's speed. His running side A is perfect and his homing attack can actually hit things now. The only thing he seems lacking is a decent down B since it's pretty much a worse version of his side B.

It's also nice to see the homing attack actually having a chance to KO someone.

Pikachu once again really fast with a great running A. Pikachu is just a really good character all around from what I played and none of his moves go to waste.

I saw you guys talk about Smash characters again. Decided to make a weird tier list based on personal experience up to this point (containing the characters I decided to try out, so it's not complete by any means) and characters within tiers aren't generally put in a specific order.

Top - Characters that are just absolutely fantastic in almost every possible way. Their strong points greatly outmatch their weak points.
Rosalina
Greninja
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Bowser

High - Highly effective characters with few weaknesses.
Fox
Duck Hunt Dog
Yoshi
Sonic
Wario
Baby Bowser
Mario

Mid Tier - These characters are certainly still good, but they have some kind of large weakness that prevents them from being highly versatile, overall great characters.
Shulk
Little Mac
Villager
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Pac Man
Robin
Donkey Kong

Low Tier - More issues than strong points. Not very good
Falco
Lucina
Link
Charizard
Zelda
Ike
Ganondorf

No Kirby?

Jman014

I saw you guys talk about Smash characters again. Decided to make a weird tier list based on personal experience up to this point (containing the characters I decided to try out, so it's not complete by any means) and characters within tiers aren't generally put in a specific order.

Top - Characters that are just absolutely fantastic in almost every possible way. Their strong points greatly outmatch their weak points.
Rosalina
Greninja
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Bowser

Fox
Duck Hunt Dog
Yoshi
Sonic
Wario
Baby Bowser
Mario

Mid Tier - These characters are certainly still good, but they have some kind of large weakness that prevents them from being highly versatile, overall great characters.
Shulk
Little Mac
Villager
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Pac Man
Robin
Donkey Kong

Falco
Lucina
Link
Charizard
Zelda
Ike
Ganondorf

Poor Robin and Lucina. It's okay you two, I'll still be your friend.

360pages

Writing is hard work. Hmm, thinking, thinking. I do my best work at around midnight for some reason...alone, in my room. Perhaps it's because I have more breathing room to think. Even though I'm alone most of the time, even during the day.

360pages

Haven't gotten to him yet. Want to get a feel for characters before I go to the next one. Definition of feel for me basically comes down to training mode, offline and online fights.
I'm sure many of you would disagree with many points, since this is all personal opinion based on a limited amount of time I've put into the game. I'm sure some of my placements are stupid nonsense.

I agree with Sonic and Bowsers place, the only thing sonic is missing is a really quick KO move. Pikachu is my second favorite character and most people have no idea how to handle him. Actually fast character outside of bowser seem to have the advantage this time around.

Rosalina
Greninja
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Bowser

Fox
Duck Hunt Dog
Yoshi
Sonic
Wario
Baby Bowser
Mario

Shulk
Little Mac
Villager
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Pac Man
Robin
Donkey Kong

Falco
Lucina
Link
Charizard
Zelda
Ike
Ganondorf

Really with Link? I haven't been following the Smash hype too much, but I thought everyone was saying Link was badass this time around.

I miss smash64, where he was basically broken he was so good...

BY2K

Membero Americo
I feel like I'm really, really good with Greninja. I love that character, how he plays.

His dair is godlike even if it has insane recovery lag if you miss and hit the ground.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Rosalina
Greninja
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Bowser

Fox
Duck Hunt Dog
Yoshi
Sonic
Wario
Baby Bowser
Mario

Shulk
Little Mac
Villager
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Pac Man
Robin
Donkey Kong

Falco
Lucina
Link
Charizard
Zelda
Ike
Ganondorf
Shulk no longer god tier?
I ain't really feeling it...

Rosalina
Greninja
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Bowser

Aw yeah. I can't wait to play ZSS once the Wii U version hits.

Emouse

I didn't realise everyone in Skullgirls had air grabs, I also finally learnt how DHCs work, I'm learning you guys
I'm also a total idiot for not knowing sooner but eh

The only character I'm greatly disappointed in is Little Mac. He packs one hell of a punch on the ground, but he is utterly useless in the air, his forward B can be locked down by remaining around the edge, his regular B takes far too long to charge and is incredibly easy to punish, he's relatively easy to rush down with fast characters, his K.O mechanic resets on death and he has incredibly poor vertical recovery (normals on the ground are generally fine).
I actually thought he'd be borderline OP when they first revealed him.

His mechanic also resets after time and usually after taking a launcher. And he needs to rely on his counter to avoid getting launched. If his neutral B charged a lot faster in the air it'd be a great recovery move.

The only character I'm greatly disappointed in is Little Mac. He packs one hell of a punch on the ground, but he is utterly useless in the air, his forward B can be locked down by remaining around the edge, his regular B takes far too long to charge and is incredibly easy to punish, he's relatively easy to rush down with fast characters, his K.O mechanic resets on death and he has incredibly poor vertical recovery (normals on the ground are generally fine).
I actually thought he'd be borderline OP when they first revealed him.

I WISH Sakurai would give his jump an upgrade in a update. That's the only thing that he lacks. A better jump would make this guy great to play all around. I also have a Problem with Shulk.. He..Sucks I don't like his play style.. it feels off. I can't describe it but he feels slower.

Archgan

Is it just me or do the Guacamelee video's not have an outro?

Yeah. It's weird. On a related note, I hope Woolie gets better at the platforming. It was hard to watch him struggle at the one puzzle. I'm glad Liam's there or he wouldn't've figured it out.

Duplolas

Banned
Haven't gotten to him yet. Want to get a feel for characters before I go to the next one. Definition of feel for me basically comes down to training mode, offline and online fights.
I'm sure many of you would disagree with many points, since this is all personal opinion based on a limited amount of time I've put into the game. I'm sure some of my placements are stupid nonsense. Certainly don't take my word for it. Try them out yourselves and build up your own opinion. Maybe you'll see something I don't.

Kirby is the shit. Don't you talk bad about my little puff.

Alfebit

Banned
Yeah. It's weird. On a related note, I hope Woolie gets better at the platforming. It was hard to watch him struggle at the one puzzle. I'm glad Liam's there or he wouldn't've figured it out.

Yeah, that part was a little frustrating to watch, especially when Liam had to stand up and point at the TV.

I'm still having way to much fun with Ganondorf to believe he's the very bottom of the list. He's so much better than he was back in brawl and incredibly viable in For Glory against everyone but Fox due ot the massive speed difference. I've yet to fight anyoen using Rosalina yet, but I'm winning almost every match I get into regardless of who the opponent is... All but Fox....

360pages

No matter the smash game, Fox is always good. I haven't retried out Metanight. I only played like 10 hours in brawl considering I got it late. Online was shit and I played the subspace emissary to completion.

I'm still having way to much fun with Ganondorf to believe he's the very bottom of the list. He's so much better than he was back in brawl and incredibly viable in For Glory against everyone but Fox due ot the massive speed difference. I've yet to fight anyoen using Rosalina yet, but I'm winning almost every match I get into regardless of who the opponent is... All but Fox....

I'm pretty sure any character is viable. If you like how someone plays, then you'll get to understand how to be good with them, even if they are "low tier" it's all just personal preference in the end.

360pages

It seems that they made Yoshi better, his lack of a up A always seemed to hinder him considering that characters with better recover/double jumps still got an up A. It was probably a hold over from Smash 64 that they kept

No matter the smash game, Fox is always good. I haven't retried out Metanight. I only played like 10 hours in brawl considering I got it late. Online was shit and I played the subspace emissary to completion.

Fox and Falco have always been fun. TBH i think the only characters i'd get rid is Dr Mario and Dark Pit. Do we REALLY need Clone Characters? Jeez.

I am starting to think that aside from fighting games, Woolie might be

BAD AT GAMES

Maybe if Woolie cut his dreads he'd get better at vidya games. Those dreads are his weakness Like Samson

360pages

Okay, writing is really hard. One good thing about having a lot of projects is that you don't try to stuff everything into a single one. The bad thing is, you have to juggle writing what.

360pages

Fox and Falco have always been fun. TBH i think the only characters i'd get rid is Dr Mario and Dark Pit. Do we REALLY need Clone Characters? Jeez.

Maybe if Woolie cut his dreads he'd get better at vidya games. Those dreads are his weakness Like Samson

Dr. Mario at least serves a purpose of putting back Mario's old moveset somewhat. Dark Pit is just...there. I mean I would rather have wolf than Dark Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom