• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a high tolerance for dumb shit.
You have to take the dumb shit with the incredibly great shit with Spiderman.
Spiderman, as to an extent Peter Parker, is a huge nerd who has the worse luck of any human being ever. He's also an introverted, complex inventor that can be capable of great things.
Garfield's Peter hits the comic book notes and is true to canon, but he's not as campy nor enjoyable as Tobey's Peter. Amazing does Spderman in suit perfectly.

The dumb shit has to be story or character related, though, like why the fuck is an Oscorp battlesuit shaped like a goblin, or why did you invent robot arms with artificial intelligence. It can't be dialogue that makes your main character look like a moron.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I liked the takeaway from the last Fisticuffs and Pat's Rival Schools story.

Don't talk shit. With rare exception, there is always someone out there who would consider you garbage. You just end up looking like an embarrassment.

I liked the takeaway from the last Fisticuffs and Pat's Rival Schools story.

Don't talk shit. With rare exception, there is always someone out there who would consider you garbage. You just end up looking like an embarrassment.
Insert one of 1000 fables about humbleness as a virtue.

Also people should play games for fun. If you talk shit with your friends, make it all in good fun.
Edit: I realize I wrote this poorly. Competition shouldn't be an excuse to take things too seriously that you find it nessecary to put down others.

The dumb shit has to be story or character related, though, like why the fuck is an Oscorp battlesuit shaped like a goblin, or why did you invent robot arms with artificial intelligence. It can't be dialogue that makes your main character look like a moron.

Fair Enough, but you had to admin new Harry is better than James Franco Harry.

We need the Superior Spiderman.

Otto as Spiderman Yukking it up?! PERFEKT!

It's not us, we're awesome and we love our Zaibenefactors. It's the youtube crowd's fault.

We enable the Woolie the Liar and pie stealing canon tho :/

That's how it works.

Naturally

To the Zaibenefactors. May they shower our benelephants with their thick ropy content.

EDIT:
c6e.png

360pages

I got it and unlocked everyone in the first two days as well as played over 190 matches. I took a small break today, but I'll probably play some more matches later. Can't get too rusty.

Fucking work making we miss posting in the new thread until now, great job as always Chao. Oberon doing his art thing to the max as well.

kewlmyc

I like how Nintendo hasn't revealed a date yet, but nearly every third party that's releasing Smash accessories has a November 21st date. They might as well just officially release the date now. I'm baffled as to why it's taking so long.

Also finished Shin Sekai Yori just now. Damn what a depressing show. Pretty damn good.

It's fine, my Kanji stomps those suckers down.

I just fought 4 in a row. I mean come on.

Every time that fucker pressures me I just throw a giant axe in his face. Seriously, you really don't want to constantly rush down with him against certain characters.

I have yet to find a good way to punish with Yukari. Her A normals are too short and her B normals take too long. At least I figured out how to deal with his teleport. Just FA that shit all day every day.

Squishy3

I like how Nintendo hasn't revealed a date yet, but nearly every third party that's releasing Smash accessories has a November 21st date. They might as well just officially release the date now. I'm baffled as to why it's taking so long.

Also finished Shin Sekai Yori just now. Damn what a depressing show. Pretty damn good.
Press cycle and whatnot. They'll probably announce the release date and then there'll be a bunch of footage of the Wii U one the same day from various places. Wouldn't be surprised if there was one of those direct to Youtube Nintendo Directs explaining all of the features unique to the Wii U version of the game either.

I have yet to find a good way to punish with Yukari. Her A normals are too short and her B normals take too long. At least I figured out how to deal with his teleport. Just FA that shit all day every day.
Probably doesn't help that he's like the kind of character people who play solely online naturally gravitate to.

If it comes down to it, you'll have to either burst or throw out a 236236A which will do a decent amount with the counter hit too. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe her B+D might also work depending on where Sho is in the combo.

Probably doesn't help that he's like the kind of character people who play solely online naturally gravitate to.

A good character that's easy to play. Why wouldn't people flock to him. Oh well. Just gotta git gud.

If it comes down to it, you'll have to either burst or throw out a 236236A which will do a decent amount with the counter hit too. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe her B+D might also work depending on where Sho is in the combo.

I've been using B+D and it works relatively well. I can only do it so many times, though. I'll have to try throwing out some supers.

What mode are you on? I've noticed they're pretty common, but I don't I've seen more than two in a row before in ranking mode.

I'd suggest you lame it out personally. Make him crawl through a hail of arrows, and if he gets close to you, DP his ass, charge attack, or do the flip jump.
Though I'm sure that's probably occured to you... hm, I'd have to play her more to give you better advice.

What mode are you on? I've noticed they're pretty common, but I don't I've seen more than two in a row before in ranking mode.

I'd suggest you lame it out personally. Make him crawl through a hail of arrows, and if he gets close to you, DP his ass, charge attack, or do the flip jump.
Though I'm sure that's probably occured to you... hm, I'd have to play her more to give you better advice.

I was playing ranked. It might be because I'm still in the low PSR zone. I just need to figure out my options after a successful blockstring. I haven't tried rolling so that might be it. Then again he has a grab...

I've been using B+D and it works relatively well. I can only do it so many times, though. I'll have to try throwing out some supers.

Well you're guaranteed at least one super with awakening and one burst. If Sho can put you in the corner three times, chances are you were probably gonna lose to him to begin with. If you can get a 5C off though, you can combo that into a 5B + 2B + 2C(since it's most likely a CH) + j.5C + 236A or a 236D to get out of the corner. I don't know if after her 236D you can land an arrow. Never tried it.

Well you're guaranteed at least one super with awakening and one burst. If Sho can put you in the corner three times, chances are you were probably gonna lose to him to begin with. If you can get a 5C off though, you can combo that into a 5B + 2B + 2C(since it's most likely a CH) + j.5C + 236A or a 236D to get out of the corner. I don't know if after her 236D you can land an arrow. Never tried it.

Interesting. I'll try that out. Thanks for the tip.

ultimax

ima still body u tho

ima still body u tho

You lucky I got homework you bitch.

Interesting. I'll try that out. Thanks for the tip.

Yukari has ridiculously tough timing on some of her combos. Even the one I gave you, the 5B + 2B can have some iffy timing and the 2B + 2C has really tough timing. It's one of those situations where I'd tell you to practice it, but don't be discouraged if you can't nail it every time because it works a lot better in real combat due to CH and just overall game speed.
And no problem. Fuck her 5AAA + 214A. I want something that will actually work online without having all the planets align.

Oh and my favorite yukari combo is 5A+5C+5B+2B+2C+j.5C+236A. It's not too tough and it gives mid 2000 damage. Yukari won't go into 4k like some other characters without some weird inputs, but she's good at chipping away at people's health.

Yukari has ridiculously tough timing on some of her combos. Even the one I gave you, the 5B + 2B can have some iffy timing and the 2B + 2C has really tough timing. It's one of those situations where I'd tell you to practice it, but don't be discouraged if you can't nail it every time because it works a lot better in real combat due to CH and just overall game speed.
And no problem. Fuck her 5AAA + 214A. I want something that will actually work online without having all the planets align.

Oh, I know all about her strict as fuck combos. I must have spent hours trying to do '5AAA > 214A' combo and I still can't do it consistently. Online is even worse.

Oh and my favorite yukari combo is 5A+5C+5B+2B+2C+j.5C+236A. It's not too tough and it gives mid 2000 damage. Yukari won't go into 4k like some other characters without some weird inputs, but she's good at chipping away at people's health.

I can do that. I've gotten to 2C before, but I usually just finish it off with 236A or 236236A.

Squishy3

Speaking of shitstorm, Alien Isolation is pretty good so far. Lighting is incredible, too bad there's no shadows cast by the player character. :(

Game runs like fucking butter too. Have everything maxed at 1080p and the only drops I've seen have been down to 59 FPS. :p Game has borderless fullscreen too. God bless you CA. This and Shadow of Mordor are some amazing PC ports.
Good thing Assassin's Creed Unity is here in a month to rob us of a series of good PC ports.

Speaking of shitstorm, Alien Isolation is pretty good so far. Lighting is incredible, too bad there's no shadows cast by the player character. :(

Game runs like fucking butter too. Have everything maxed at 1080p and the only drops I've seen have been down to 59 FPS. :p

Don't you DARE add another game to my christmas list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom